part two /4

InterSomnia | Oneshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I see you even when I close my eyes.
I hear you even when I cover my ears.
Every night, in my dreams.
Under the same sky, 
In this different time, 
Our hearts are connected."
-NCT127 Sun & Moon lyrics

 {  ONESHOT (2/4)  }

She only opened her eyes when she felt something drop on her forehead. Yeri's body was still, and she was laying flat on her back. wasn't aching, which was something unusual. The tight feeling in her chest that she'd been feeling for the past few months was nonexistent, and only then did Yeri realize how calm she felt. She reached her fingertips to her cheeks and opened her eyes just enough to find a flower petal had fallen on her face. She examined the soft pink leaf in her hand, not remembering how long it had been since she'd ever stopped to just admire something so beautiful. She looked up and found she was laying on the grass near a budding tree. The wind was blowing the loose petals from their buds and drifting them in the air towards Yeri. It was the most beautiful sight she'd ever seen. The whole situation was so euphoric, she could feel tears falling at the corners of her eyes. If this was what death was, then Yeri was glad she'd finally found it. 

Yeri sat up and looked around her curiously. She wanted to distract herself and not think about the consequences of her actions while she was alive. Her family wouldn't care, she had no friends to realize, and there was no one else in the world who would notice her absence. She ran her hands over the grass beside her, the grass blade endings soft on her palms. Strangely in this land of death or wherever she ended up, she did still feel lonely. She didn't feel pain or anger anymore, but a certain familiar feeling was tugging at her chest. It was the feeling she had when her grandfather passed, and she spent weeks curling up outside his bedroom door. The same feeling when Puppy, her loyal dog companion of 13 years, was put down. Yeri shrugged the feeling off. She was dead, did she not expect to feel like the dead? She had to be honest, she didn't think she'd feel anything. She didn't think she'd go anywhere. She thought death meant she would no longer live, and that was better than anything else. 

Finally after bathing in the bright sunlight for a while longer, Yeri convinced herself to get up and look around. If she was going to be stuck here, she might as well get accustomed to it. She brought a hand to her stomach just as it gave a loud grumble. And she didn't know she could feel hungry in the afterlife. Maybe she just wanted to feel hungry, because that meant she could test to see if she could actually taste anything. Her diet she'd been having in the past few months consisted of rice, water, and a few bits of chicken. Yeri looked around the place, and was amazed at the sheer beauty of it all. This was everything she'd ever dream that heaven- if there was one- would look like. A beautiful field of green grass, with flocking wild birds, and small furry animals running about. The place was littered with flowers and a stream of fresh water was merrily flowing down a path. 

The smile on her lips was so unfamiliar to her face, that her cheek muscles were beginning to get sore. She didn't know if she'd ever smiled this much before in her entire living life. Yeri let out a content sigh and stopped by the stream to grab a sip of water. The water was cold and felt nice against her sunkissed skin. Again and again, she was thankful it was over. Everything was over. Despite the loneliness at the back of her mind, Yeri had already been dead for a few hours now and she was content with it. Now, if only some sort of angel or someone just pops out and tells me where to go next. Yeri thought as she rinsed her hands in the water. 

She nearly fell right into the stream when she looked up from her hands. She caught herself, barely, and stared eyes widened at the man before her. Was it a man? Or an angel? The...being? He looked like a man. He was tall, much taller than her, with his hair draped swiftly to the side of his face. His polished jawline smoothed towards a sharp chin that matched his sharp, but warm eyes. The expression on his face was weary, but not surprised. It was as if he was used to seeing people just walking around here in the afterlife. He pursed his lips up, as questioning something to himself and took a few steps closer to her. 



"Pretty, everything here is actually way too pretty. It's a lot nicer than just nice thoughts. Chief is gonna be so proud of me." Johnny snorted at himself. He tilted his head and leaned in just a bit to examine the girl in front of him. Usually, he dreamed of girls he already knew or had already seen before. But this girl, he was sure he'd never met her before. Of course, she could have just been a compilation of all the girls he'd met, but he didn't recognize her anyway. S

Please log in to read the full chapter