part one /4

InterSomnia | Oneshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
-Edgar Allen Poe 

 {  ONESHOT (1/4)  }

Yeri held up her arm to feel the wind against her fingertips. Her half lidded eyes faced the world with tiredness, anger, and solemn. The life she'd lived thus far had seemed like one big bad dream when she woke up this morning, but reality was quick to remind her of the truth. She had a dream the previous night, and how wonderful it was. Yeri was smiling, actually smiling, as she strolled through a meadow of flowers. There was nothing but acceptance, love, and understanding for her. Everyone cared and regarded her as a human being, with thoughts and feelings of her own. She was respected and treated kindly. Nobody ridiculed her. Nobody blamed her. Her family didn't disown her. Her friends didn't think she was crazy. Everyone loved her, and nobody used her. It was indeed a crazy dream. One unfathomable to Yeri, even as she stood there remembering it.

She was standing at the edge of the rooftop to her apartment. Her toes were just over the edge, and her body swayed back and forth with the wind, as if it were beckoning her forward. She'd forgotten how much she loved the smell of the city at night. The air was thick and chilly, the perfect weather for a long slumber. 

Against her will, Yeri's thoughts began traveling back in time. She thought of her mother, and her delicate face. Her wide helpless eyes that screamed for help, but her thin tight lips sealed any sounding cry. She thought of her father, whom she'd only known for a few brief years in her childhood. He was big and tall, dark and abusive. Yeri remembered the palm of his hands more than his face, if anything. She swallowed hard, dry and coarse, when her thoughts trailed to her stepfather. Never in her dreams, would she imagine a thing of such evil nature. But Yeri had come face to face with evil, and he wore the same face he did while holding his grandchildren and while taking the life of an innocent being. 

She shuddered. Her lips trembled, and she bit them. Her eyes had run dry for months now, and she would not cry again, not tonight. The city before her was too beautiful to cry. The air too perfect. The dark blue and purple hues of the sky was in stunning contrast to the grand pale full moon. Yeri felt like she could stretch her arms up and touch the moon if she tried. The moon's shining light kissed Yeri's cheeks softly, as if to sooth her. As if to tell her that everything would be okay. After this. 

Closing her eyes in that moment felt euphoric. Closing her eyes and accepting her fate as finality. She was finally done suffering and was letting go. Her lips curved slightly at the edges and she made sure the moon saw her smile. She wanted to thank her, the beautiful moon and her tender light. Yeri's body went limp and her knees caved. The last thing she could feel was how the air rushing around her body felt like a nest, a soft cradle, or a gentle embrace. 



Everyone knew Johnny as the crazy dreamer. And they weren't wrong, he was a dreamer,

Please log in to read the full chapter