part three /4

InterSomnia | Oneshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I like your smile that’s brighter than the stars.
Holding your small hand that’s prettier than the ocean.
This place where we’re dreaming the same dream is paradise."
-NCT127 Paradise lyrics

 {  ONESHOT (3/4)  }

These were the things that only happened in movies or books. Time travelling nonsense and over-romanticized alien craziness. But here Yeri was, faced with this strange man who called himself Johnny from New Seoul, year 3117. If Yeri were dead, she'd be surprised how fast reincarnation happened for her. But she was her old own body, still thin, pale, and meek. Her brown hair still unwashed and messy, draping down her back. She was faced with having to trust this man's words about this place being his dream world. It would be far fetched to believe that Johnny was from 1,000 years into the future, and Yeri somehow managed to plant herself in his dreams after attempting to kill herself. Far fetched it be, but Yeri had no other explanation. 

Johnny was a...nice person, but he was not afraid to get close to Yeri. It seemed like he didn't even notice how uncomfortable she got when he leaned in closer to hear her. She was soft spoken, but she was sure he was only doing it out of curiosity. Three times now, within time they've first encountered each other, Johnny had touched Yeri. Once when she lost her balance and almost fell flat on her face, another when he got overly excited about how motor vehicles worked, and again when she apparently had a leaf in her hair. If the future consisted of people who were comfortable with such casual space invasion, Yeri wanted out. But he was very warm, and his hands were quite gentle. He treated her as if she were the most interesting person he'd ever met. He asked her a million questions, and she complied with answering as many as she could before he could start off firing more questions. 

"So, why did you try to jump off a building?" Johnny approached the subject, sitting with his legs crossed as he looked at her. 

She didn't say anything at first, but sighed and shrugged. "I was tired." She swallowed. "I don't feel it now, in this dream world here, but in my real world..." She trailed off, looking somewhere in the distance. He didn't stop her, he didn't urge her to continue, hell he didn't even tell her she didn't have to talk about it. He just sat there and listened. His comfortableness with her rubbed off, and she also felt a sort of comfort that she'd never had with the people in her life. It was strange how easy it was to talk to Johnny. He was curious and talked a lot, but he wasn't persistent. He didn't expect her to talk or answer to him. If she wanted to drag off a topic or conversation she wasn't sure about, he didn't force her. Yeri had probably talked more with Johnny than she had with anybody in her life within the

Please log in to read the full chapter