The First Notes of our Melody

Perfect Begining for a Love Song

As Afternoon rush hour had passed Hyunggu flopped down on a random chair on a random table at the cafe he worked.

He was a barista and seriously, rush hours were the worst. Everyone wanted to go somewhere before their break was over and lots of people chose cafes. It was crazy how many people entered and got out in few minutes. Hyunggu had to deal with people screaming profanities at his face the whole time while he was trying to point down some order from someone. It was exhausting.

He wasn't complaining though, he had a nice amount of money at the end of the month which he really needed. Also he absolutely loved the strong smell of coffee together with the cakes and chocolates being made in the kitchen behind the counter. It was just an amazing environment, from the smell, to the people and the beautiful decoration of the place. It was really appealing as a cafe and they had clients from little kids to teenagers, adults and elder people. 

Fighting against his will he got up to clean up some tables before more people came in.

 

_____

 

Shinwon sighed as he looked at the pile of papers to approve. Being secretary for one of the biggest Companies in Korea had its perks but there was too much work. He had not slept last night and he knew he was going home late today.

He had to approve various Requestes and questions so it was safe for his Boss to read and make his decisions about certain subject. Oh! His Boss was not just someone. It was his father.

Shinwon had started working as soon as he finished High School while many kids his age went to the university. He still took classes though, so that he could know what to do and whatnot, he was a smart kid so he learned stuff easily. However, with the pile of work he has been getting he neglected his sleep in order not to neglect his studies so that he could make his family proud. His family had a big name and the young boy didn't want to shame it by appearing dumb or incapable of concealing tasks.

One thing the tall boy did that no one liked was flirting with every moving thing. He would go clubbing during free time or would go to parties just so he could have his "fun". Everyone at work knew how he was and that there was no changing his personality. Because of it he had already dated every one of his female coworkers and even some male too along the way. His dad liked it as much as everyone else but there's no can do about it.

Shinwon sighed again for what felt like the hundreth time in less than fifteen minutes and got up to go grab a coffee at the nearest cafe.

 

_____

 

Hyunggu's shift was finally ending for the day. He took out his work clothes and happily skiped out of the cafe. However, as he didn't see where he was heading to, he bumped into someone.

Wainting for the impact on the ground he closed his eyes. Slowly he started opening them again as he noticed he was not on the ground but had someone's arms around his waist. As he made eye contact with the person he realised how handsome the man was and imdediately blushed a deep shade of pink.

"I-I'm so s-sorry!!" He stuttered.

"Are you okay?" The stranger's voice was deep and manly, sending shivers along Hyunggu's spine. The concern that showed on his voice was more than enough to cause Hyunggu's heart to beat sloopily.

"H-hum yeah! I am..Hum..thanks." 

"Oh, that's nice then." The taller boy stood there smiling at the smaller like if he had no previous destination. Feeling awkward Hyunggu remembered he had to go grocery shopping so he had to excuse himself before it became dark outside.

"Hum..I gotta go. Sorry for bumping into you and thank you for ho-holding me." He said and made his excape.

'There's something about that boy..I can't really put my finger in it..' Shinwon thought while still standing where Kino left him. 'Oh well, so much for a coffee. I'll go back to the office and buy coffee tomorrow.'