final.

Sun & Moon

At the beginning of time the Sun rose to the sky and shined her light across the universe. She looked past the first few planets that had no life forms to see Earth. A place full of humans She caused the many people of that time to experience happiness.

 

But she grew envy at the people's happiness. For she was alone up in the sky with no company.

 

Little did she know but there was someone else out in the atmosphere experiencing the same feeling of envy.

 

The Moon of Earth orbited the Earth forced to watch everything close up. His light shined brightly but there was something missing in the sky. He didn't have enough light to shine upon the Earth.

 

He was very fascinated by humans and what they spoke of. They spoke of someone like him, someone who shed light on the Earth. They called that person, the Sun.

 

Would the Sun help him bring more light to the night?

 

It wasn't until half a year later that he first saw the Sun's work. He caught glimpse of the light one day when he found himself orbiting during the daylight. The Sun shined so bright, it was beautiful to see the world in a different light.

 

It was then that he felt a warm sensation on his far side not facing the Earth. He glanced back at what was causing the sensation and saw her. The Sun.

 

She was beautiful, so so beautiful.

 

Her lips formed into a smile upon seeing me. "Hello I'm Soohee."

 

I returned the smile and reached my hand out to greet her. "And I'm Hyunshik."

 

And the moment they touched the sky lit up causing smaller formations of lights to form.

 

That was when their fate was intertwined for eternity. The Sun and Moon had given birth to the Stars. And the Stars gave birth to the constellations.

 

The Earth had rejoiced the new light forms praying to both the Sun and Moon out of delight. The two of them lived happily from then on out, but there was a condition. They could only meet once a year, on November 31st.

 

It would be a millions of years before a new Sun and Moon would be reborn.

 

The two were reborn in the form of a human. Upon reaching a certain age they would take over the prior Sun and Moon's role.

 

Once their position was solidified the two shared secrets across the sky in forms of what humans called, Shooting Stars.

 

The two came to know each other that way. The Sun, Aeran was the first to reach out. She was excited to meet him, the one who would free her from her lonely state.

 

The Moon, Jonghyun whispered sweet promises across the sky to her making the girl smitten.

 

The day was coming soon. The day they'd finally get to meet in person. And Aeran couldn't hide her excitement. Because of her happiness the Earth flourished.

 

And fall set in, the day for them to meet came quickly.

 

Aeran stood on Earth in human form waiting patiently for her Moon to arrive.

 

Her fingers met in front of her body nervously. Would he like her human appearance? She was dressed in all-white which complimented her sun-kissed skin perfectly. Her blonde hair with the hint of red in it shined beautifully.

 

Everyone that passed by stopped and stared. What was this beautiful girl doing out so late at night? And alone at that?

 

Aeran ignored their glances and kept her head down patiently waiting. Her heart pounded whenever a pair of shoes came into her view. The shoes were directly across from where hers were placed.

 

She slowly looked up taking him in from toes to head. When their eyes met she instantly felt their connection.

 

She examined him while he did the same to her. He had dyed blonde hair which surprised her. She imagined that he'd have blue for some reason?

 

"It's great to finally meet you." Jonghyun spoke, his pink lips forming into a smile.

 

"Likewise." Aeran felt her cheeks flush pink as Jonghyun openly checked her out.

 

"Do you know what today is?" He asked his eyes moving to align with hers.

 

Aeran shook her head no, she was curious though.

 

"It's the human holiday called, Halloween. Where people like us are celebrated." He grinned. The two of them were mythical creatures after all.

 

That was right, Aeran thought. She remembered hearing of the holiday from her small amount of time of Earth after her birth.

 

"I was thinking," Jonghyun cleared his throat. "That we could participate in this particular holiday."

 

She quickly nodded in agreement and the two set out to trick or treat as the humans called it.

 

Within the next few hours the two experienced laughing, eating candy, and being accused of being too old to trick or treat.

 

But all of that was slowly coming to an end for Aeran could feel the pull from the sun. It was telling her it was time to return. But she didn't want to.

 

Aeran lowered her head as Jonghyun walked ahead of her. Her footsteps slowed to a stop and Jonghyun noticed.

 

He stopped turning to look at her. "Are you okay?"

 

This wasn't what she had imagined all her life. She had lived her life excited to see this man in front of her. And she was. But she never thought about how horrible meeting him actually would be.

 

She'd have to wait a whole year to see him again. It wasn't fair.

 

How did the prior Sun and Moon deal with this?

 

"I'm fine, it's just I think it's time for me to go. That's all." The girl muttered.

 

Jonghyun's heart clenched. Already? But they had barely gotten anytime together?

 

He moved closer to the girl in which he loved. The only person he had in this world. She was one of the first things he thought of when he was old enough to think. It was clear to him that they were destined to be together. But destiny was the thing keeping them apart.

 

That's when he got a bright idea.

 

He smiled causing Aeran to smile in return. Jonghyun grabbed the girl's hand and yanked her forward into his arms, wrapping them tight around her.

 

"Jonghyun?" She questioned him.

 

He pulled back to look her in the eyes. "I have an idea."

 

She blinked up at him confused. "What?"

 

"I'll take you to the moon." He grinned.

 

She froze, was that even possible?

 

The two stared into each other's eyes unaware of all the new stares being born from their touch. The two were too enamored by each other to notice.

 

Did the two ever make it to the moon together?

 

In some myths yes. But in others it is said Jonghyun is still searching for a way to bring his Sun to the moon.

 

 


A/N: I hope you enjoyed! I wrote this around Halloween last year! (It was originally posted on my Vingle page (@Halsyeon) and is additionally posted on my Wattpad page (@DGrayManLover).