More Troubles

The Girl that Fell Out of the Sky

Eunji took a deep breath as she prepared herself to go on stage. Eunji had started working at Naeun's bar as the new night singer for about three weekends now. She would sing about an hour and a half then take a couple requests, which there always was, from the crowd. Eunji makes her way onto the stage and takes a seat on the high bar stool that was placed in front of the mic stand. She looked out to the crowd and saw the usual faces that she would see on a typical Friday night, and a few new faces. Eunji came to the conclusion that Naeun's bar had very loyal customers. 

"Good evening everyone! How are you all tonight?" she asked the crowd. They whoo-ed and yelled their responses. 

Eunji smiled, "My first song tonight will be Evening Sky by Ailee. I hope you all enjoy!" and with that she cues the DJ to play the music. 

After three more songs, Eunji announces that she will be taking a short break before finishing her set. Eunji makes her way towards the bar and sits at one of the end chairs. 

"Water please." she asked one of the bartenders. They nodded and handed her a cup. 

"You sure you don't want anything stronger?" asked a voice from behind. Eunji turns and see Naeun take a seat beside her. Naeun signals the bartender to give her two glasses and something stronger than Eunji's water. Naeun offered one glass to Eunji, but Eunji declines. 

"Maybe after my set." she says with a smile. Naeun shrugs and downs both drinks. Eunji looks at the younger girl with curiosity.

"Everything okay?" Eunji asked. 

"Huh? Oh yeah everything is fine..." Eunji doesn't break her gaze from the younger, as she lets out another sigh.

"Really?"

"No...not really. Finish your set and I'll tell you later." Naeun says, leaving Eunji. Eunji's eyes does not leave Naeun till the girl disappears behind her office door. 

With a sigh, and last gulp of her water, Eunji goes back up and finishes up her set. She thanks the crowd for listening and make her way towards Naeun's office. She opened the door slightly but stop once she heard Naeun's voice. 

"Unnie you need to tell someone...no I haven't told anyone but you should!...This is serious unnie...okay...yeah I know...I'll see you later." Eunji hears Naeun hang up the phone, cueing her to enter the room. 

"Hey." said Eunji. Naeun gives her a small smile and motion the other girl to take a seat in front of her desk. 

"Drink?" asked Naeun, getting up and making her way to a small bar. She didn't let Eunji reply as she poured out two drinks and handed on to Eunji. Naeun takes one big gulp of her drink and sits back down in her seat. 

"Were you talking to Chorong-unnie?" 

"Huh? How did you..."

"I uh...I was going to come in but then I heard you talk on the phone and yeah." Eunji wasn't sure what to tell the younger but the truth. 

"I see..." Naeun looks at Eunji and then back down at her cup. Eunji could sense a small conflict within the younger. 

"Naeun-ah what's wrong?" Eunji asks. Naeun closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in and out. 

"It's Chorong unnie, she's being harassed by her ex again" Eunji gives a confused look.

"You know the one from before." 

"AH! Him!" exclaimed Eunji, "Wait why is he harassing her?"

"Because she left him after your incident and now he wants her back." 

"Did she not tell the police!?"

"No...she doesn't want to bother them because she told me that she would handle it."

"And I'm guessing it didn't go to well." Eunji sips her drink little by little as she continued to listen to Naeun.

"Yeah. And it's been a week since she told him off but ever since then there's been his goons waiting around her work," Naeun explained, "I asked Hayoung and Namjoo to take her home as small favors but I didn't tell them the reason why."

"And it's only a matter of time till they ask why or till they're caught in the middle of it." added Eunji. Naeun nodded. 

"Unnie didn't want to tell you or Bomi because she knew that Bomi will tell you and she didn't want to get you involved again."

Naeun could feel tears starting to form but she tried her best not to the let fall. Eunji saw the younger's eyes and reached over to hold her hand and looked at Naeun's eyes.

"Naeun-ah don't worry. I will protect Chorong-unnie no matter what." 

"Unnie..." Naeun wanted to argue back but Eunji got up and began to put on her coat to leave. 

"Chorong-unnie is getting off soon right? Aigoo what am I saying, of course she it. Tell Hayoung or Namjoo or whoever you told to get unnie that I will get them. I'll see you later Naeun-ah!" and with that Eunji was out the door. 

Naeun's mouth was slightly opened and she watched the older woman leave her office. A part of her regrets telling Eunji about Chorong's situation but also another part doesn't. 

(A/N): 

hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well! finally an update haha. Sorry it took me this long to get this out there. I wanted to take a couple days off after my finals to rest, but i am back! how's the story so far? slow-burn right? don't worry, we will get to the best stuff yet! I want to end this story, hopefully, within a couple more chapters so that I can move onto other pairing I wanna write about. Please tell me how this story is going so far. I hope im not boring you too much. Again the good stuff will happen soon. Thank you for sticking with me! Till we meet again!