Second Night

The Girl that Fell Out of the Sky

"Yah Bom-ah let's rest a bit, my feet are starting to hurt." complained Eunji, as she went over to a bench near by and sat down, letting out a loud groan. Bomi walked over and sat right beside the girl who was giving a blank stare at the people walking by them. It was always late into the night and they arrived at Han river after a long day of looking for sining gigs for Eunji. 

"You're tired already? What happened to the Eunji would start fights in primary school?" asked Bomi, sitting next to the girl.

Eunji lets a small laugh, "She got a little brother and realized she couldn't be so reckless anymore..." A heavy silence hung in the air. Bomi uses her peripheral vision to peek at Eunji and made sure she was okay. 

"Well at least the cafe we just went to said they would call, the ones in the beginning just said no."

"Yeah but still..."

"Eunji-ah, this is Seoul! A big city, there's gotta be a place for you." 

"And what if there isn't Bom-ah...what if..." Eunji quietly says. Bomi  turns to face Eunji, and saw her trying to hold in her tears.

"What if what?" she questioned. Eunji shook her head and gave Bomi a smile.

"What's the best drinking place around here Bom-ah?" asked Eunji, getting up to fix her clothes. 

Bomi does the same and pulls out her phone, "Well I know this one place. Actually, me and the owner are really close. Let me call her and see if she's in"

Bomi calls this person, and Eunji looks over to Han river. She closes her eyes and lets the breeze flow through her body.

"Okay...yeah!...Okay we'll see you soon! Eunji lets go!" Bomi hangs up the phone, and goes to Eunji. The two girls take a bus and travel towards to plaza. They walk a couple blocks and finally stopped at a building with a bright-neon sign that said "open".

"Yah where did you take us?" asked Eunji taking a look at her surroundings. There wasn't much to the plaza beside other eating establishments, but they arrived so late that those places were closed. Bomi didn't answer Eunji's question but instead lead the girl inside. They entered into a large room, with a bar on one side, a seating area, and a few billiards tables near the back. 

"Bomi-unnie you're here!" greeted the bartender, "The boss is in the back. I'll go get her for you." Bomi thanked them and took Eunji to one of the tables. 

"I'm close with practically everyone here." said Bomi, then called over a waiter to get some water for the both of them. 

"I can tell," replied Eunji, "do you come here often?"

"Not anymore. I went to university with the owner, and helped her hire some people when she was just starting out." 

"Omo! Unnie, I didn't know you were coming today." said the waitress with their water. Bomi gave the waitress a bright smile. 

"Ahhh Namjoo-ah...long time no see! How is everything? Is Hayoung-ie working tonight also?" asked Bomi.

"She got off about an hour ago. I will tell her you came by! But she might get a little upset."

"Haha, you're right. Our little baby." 

Namjoo then notices Eunji, "Ah sorry! Where are my manners...my name is Kim Namjoo, and I'm a waitress here." said Namjoo giving Eunji a 90 degree bow. 

"Aigoo you don't have to be so formal here," Eunji said shyly, "My name is Jung Eunji. It's nice to meet you Namjoo."

As the girls were talking, another woman was approaching them.

"Unnie, can you please not distract my employees please." said the woman when she approached the table. 

"Ah sorry boss, I will get to work." said Namjoo, hugging Bomi before she left. 

"You need to work on the cold demeanor of yours Son Naeun." Bomi playfully said. 

"And you need to work on your communication skills! You can't always be pulling these surprises on me!"

"Why? You miss me?" Bomi fires back. Eunji smirks at her friend's playfulness. Eunji looks at the woman named Son Naeun, who was dressed in a black two piece suit. 

"Not at all. I don't missed the unnie who gives me the most headaches," Naeun replies, making Bomi pout. 

"Ugh you're no fun," Bomi sighed. Naeun smiles and hugs Bomi.

Naeun then faces Eunji, "Hello my name is Son Naeun, I'm the owner of this establishment." 

"Hello I'm Jung Eunji, and its very nice to meet you." 

"Anyways, since it's your first time here, I want you to enjoy so please just tell the bartender what you would like. It's on me."

"Whoa really!?" exclaimed Bomi. Naeun nodded, and smiled at Eunji. Eunji was caught by surprised.

"Yah why did you not do this to me when I came here like all the time!" Bomi pouted again. 

"Because you're too much! Anyways, you two enjoy yourselves. I must leave to attend some office things. I hope we can meet again, Eunji-ssi."

"Likewise Naeun. And please call me unnie." and with that Naeun leave the girls. 

Like the night before, Eunji and Bomi were enjoying their time together, talking and catching up. 

"Your Busan accent is hardly noticeable." comment Eunji, taking a sip of her drink.

"Practice, practice, practice. If I get super frustrated it can come back though."

Eunji was going to comment some more till she heard a glass break from the back-end of the bar. They looked over and saw a petite woman with long, straight black hair arguing with a man.

"It's over!" yelled the girl. She gets up and shoves the guy away, but the guy grabs her arm and she lets out a shriek. 

"Yah you punk, let the girl go." yelled the bartender, but the man pulls out a knife and points it at the bartender.

"You mind your business," he says harshly, "and you...you arrived with me so therefore you leave with me." 

"Is no one going to anything!?" whispered Eunji, as she watched the pair make their way to the door. Bomi looks over to the bartender, and the bartender mouths, "I already called for the police"

"The police are on their way." 

"But what she gets hurt before they get here!?" A split-second later Eunji gets up and bolts for the door.

"Eunji no!" Bomi yelled but Eunji was already out the door. 

Eunji found the couple a block away from Naeun's bar. Since it was late at night there was barely anyone around, so it left just Eunji and the pair out in the dark.

"Yah where do you think you're going" said Eunji once she made it close to the pair. The man had a tight grip on the girl's forearm, which looked like it was turning purple now. 

"Mind your business girl...or else" hissed the man, pushing the girl to the ground, where she let out a cry. The man started to approach Eunji with his knife in hand. 

"Yeah? Or else what?" challenge Eunji. She didn't know what she was doing or why she was doing this. As the man kept getting closer and closer, Eunji readied herself for the worse. 

"Are you challenging me girl? Do you want to di-" just then the man is struck over the head with a stick by the girl.

However, he quickly recovers and strikes her to the ground again. Eunji acts quick and get the man into a choke hold, but was flipped to the ground, making all the air in her lungs escape. The man then grabs Eunji by the collar and lifts her into the air.

"This is what happens when you don't mind your own business girl." the man said stabbing Eunji in the gut. Eunji lets out a pained cry and the man drops her like a doll. 

"EUNJI-AHHH!" 

Everything goes dark, and last thing Eunji sees is blue and red lights.

(A/N): 

So you guys probably know who that girl Eunji (kinda) saved. If not, then stay tuned! Uh I really don't do fight/violent scenes, so sorry if that one section sounded a bit awkward. This chapter was suppose to be a bit dark but I decided to change it. If a chapter is going to be dark then I will put a warning at the beginning to you know. Eunji is going through some tough times right now so if I can avoid it, then I will, but if not then I shall give the warning. Anyways, please let me know how I'm doing. I'm trying to get used to all this third person POV. So any suggestions on how to improve, please tell me! Till the next time! <3