there is a first for everything

teach me

It’s 7am in the morning when a loud groan escapes Jung Hoseok’s lips. “First day at work and it’s raining like this? What a great start.” He drags himself out of bed, preparing his suit and tie for his new job. Whatever possessed him to become a professor at law school? He doesn’t know. Perhaps it was Yoongi who casually reminded him that he wasn’t making much money doing backup dancing. But why law school?

On the other hand, Kim Taehyung wakes up with a skip in his step. “Yeah! First day of school, Jiminnie! Aren’t you excited?” Shaking his best friend/roommate/polar opposite, he charges for the washroom, screaming “Catch me if you can!” Jimin ignores Taehyung, going back to sleep.

After what seemed like an hour, the sound of a car horn blares into Jimin’s eardrums. “Jimin hyung! Taehyungie hyung! Are you guys ready? I can’t park here for long!”
Jimin’s eyes widen when he realises that Jungkook is waiting outside. Immediately cleansing his face with toner and brushing his teeth, Jimin runs out the door with his backpack into Jungkook’s car. Placing a gentle kiss on Jungkook’s lips, Jimin smiles. “Good morning, sweetheart.” Jungkook blushes, holding Jimin’s hands.
Taehyung enters the car, looking at Jimin in disgust. “Jungkookie, he didn’t even shower!” Jimin shoots daggers with his eyes, glaring at the boy who rattled on him.

Adjusting his tie, Hoseok looks in the mirror. “A day where I don’t look like a mess, for goodness sakes. Why do I always look like this? Yoongi hyung, can you throw my charger at me please?” Yoongi, in his half-asleep state, throws Hoseok’s charger right in his direction, smacking him right in the face. “Wow, thanks hyung! See you later.” Yoongi grunts, signalling that he’s not willing to talk. Hoseok locks up, taking one last glance at his house. “11 hours. I can do this.”

 

Jungkook drops Jimin and Taehyung off at school, making his way to dance school. Taehyung waves happily, mouthing "See you later! Let's all meet for ddeokbokki tonight!" Jungkook signals OK, driving off. Ruffling his hair, Taehyung makes his way up to class. "Nothing will spoil my mood today! Let's go, Jiminnie~" Jimin notices that he didn't bring his yogurt, and asks Taehyung to walk to class first. Taehyung nods, watching Jimin walk to the mart to get his breakfast.
Realising he's late, Hoseok runs, hair looking like a mess and scrambling to keep his jacket and laptop bag together. He walks over to the general office, looking at the map of the school. Taehyung spots him from afar, looking at Hoseok's back view and wondering, who even stops by the general office anymore? He must be new. Shrugging, he moves towards his class. 
Strangely, there's someone following him. "Should I turn behind or not?" Out of curiosity,Taehyung chooses to turn behind, bumping right into Hoseok who is looking very lost and confused. Taehyung stretches a hand out, motioning for Hoseok to stand up. "You've been lost since earlier. Where's your class?" Hoseok frowns, checking his folder for the class. "Um.. 3C." Taehyung smiles and holds onto Hoseok's hand. "I'll take you there."

"Ah! There you are." Mr Jin waves at Hoseok. Taehyung pushes Hoseok into the classroom, skipping back to his seat. "Yah, that new guy was looking in the general office for our classroom and I brought him here!" Nudging Jimin, he smiles and starts unpacking his materials. Jimin motions for him to keep quiet and listen to Mr Jin's words. 
"Guys, this is your new lecturer. Since you guys are now seniors, we decided to allocate Mr Jung to your class. He is the apprentice of the extremely famous criminal lawyer, Judge Min. Hoseok suppresses a snort knowing that Yoongi is being mentioned in his new class. He makes eye contact with the fluffy haired student, namely Taehyung, who's jaw drops. "Oh my god. He's a lecturer? Oh no. I screwed up big time." Stifling a giggle, Jimin makes a small wave towards Taehyung as he's being introduced as the class president.
"Here, your master key to this classroom and the staff room. The boy there who cannot stop talking to Mochi-nim is the class president, Kim Taehyung. He has many names, like V, Klimt, Klamton, Renoir, Vante, Vedi, Vincent, there's more I cannot name." Jin sighs, motioning for Taehyung to stand up. "Please bring Mr Jung to the staff room later. You will need to help him carry a couple of new textbooks that Principal Kim ordered for you guys this semester." Jimin groans, banging his head on the table. "Mochi-nim, I heard that. Do you want to go with Taehyung to carry the books?" Jimin immediately shakes his head fervently, giggling at Taehyung who's sending death glares his way.

 

Hoseok recognises that student. Kim Taehyung, of course, a boy as handsome as him as to be smart too. What was it about being lost and needing a student to bring him to class.. he can get rid of all those embarrassing moments by going with him to the staff room and knowing him a little better. After a morning of introductions, Hoseok couldn't be bothered to remember everyone and keeps his eyes on Taehyung. 
"If I didn't know better, I would say Mr Jung has a crush on you. He's been staring from the start of class." Taehyung looks up from his textbook, getting a surprised cough and Hoseok scrambling to turn behind, writing on the whiteboard. "H-here, the first lesson! I know it's only the first day but we need to put some content into your brains so you guys can have a good head start to this semester alright?" Scribbling "Civil Law" on the board, Jimin raises his hand, contributing what he knows from the pre-reading content. Hoseok smiles, glad that someone's participating. 

The sound of a bell signals the end of class. As everyone packs their bags to move for their next class, Taehyung walks over to Hoseok, mumbling "Are you ready to go?" Hoseok looks into Taehyung's eyes, wondering why he's so attracted to this student. After bringing Hoseok to the staff room, he leads Hoseok into a secluded classroom. "Did you know... you have very charming lips?" Hoseok's eyes widen at the direct confession from Taehyung. "U-um, i know i have ㅅ shaped lips.." Taehyung presses a finger onto Hoseok's lips. "They're soft, just like what I thought." Smirking, he leans in to Hoseok's face, brushing his fringe away. Hoseok is visibly surprised, gently pushing the younger away. "Don't do this, I'm not an easy guy." Laughing, Taehyung takes a step back. "Loosen up, Mr Jung. The students here are pretty touchy. Wouldn't want your handsome face peppered with their dirty kisses. Save it for me." He blows a kiss and walks back to class. Hoseok has to stop himself from clutching his heart in shock. "What was that?"

"Yah, Kim Taehyung! We've been waiting for you since 6pm, what the hell were you doing?" Taehyung reminds him that he had to bring Mr Jung to the staff room, but leaves the second part of the incident out of the conversation. He slings his bag over his shoulder, patting Jungkook. "Let's go, our personal chauffeur!" Jimin smacks him on the back of his head. "He's MY personal chauffeur, you are just the house maid!" Taehyung fake cries, getting into the car. Jungkook smiles at Jimin's obvious jealously, booping his nose. Mumbling "My cute little Mochi," earned a wide smile from his boyfriend. Taehyung gags in the back seat, hurriedly pushing Jungkook's seat for him to drive off already.

 

"Hyung! Over here!" Hoseok waves wildly at Yoongi, who's clad in a beige tshirt and shorts. "Why do you have to call me out for ddeokbokki? I could have cooked some for you." Hoseok grumbles about his day, and how weird Taehyung was to him on his first day. Yoongi empathizes, pouring soju for him. Within the first 3 cups, Hoseok gets slightly drunk and starts mumbling. "Why did I let him drink.. Yoongi groans. Yah, Jung Hoseok. get up."
"Jung-ssaem?" Taehyung strides over to Yoongi and Hoseok's table. "Oh! It's you! The handsome and annoying student!" Yoongi looks up, eyeing Taehyung from top to toe. "So you're Kim Taehyung? Okay, help me carry him. This guy gets drunk so quickly." Taehyung carries Hoseok into the car, putting him gently in the back seat. Hoseok doesn't let go of Taehyung's neck, pulling him down to face him. "You, shouldn't play with people's hearts like this, young boy. You are a student and I am a teacher. Even though you're cute, you cannot do this." Taehyung snorts and places a kiss onto Hoseok's lips. Hoseok jumps at the contact, causing Taehyung to bump his head on the car. "Ouch! Jung-ssaem!" Yoongi turns behind, frantic. "What happened? Did he bite you? Is he dead? What's going on?" Taehyung shakes his head, "No, he just bumped my head on the roof of the car." Taehyung rubs his head, closing the door. "Take him home safely, Judge-nim." Yoongi laughs, "You can just call me Yoongi hyung. Judge-nim sounds so old." Turning away, Taehyung walks back to the restaurant.

"Who was that?" Jungkook asks, sipping juice. "Our new lecturer. Jimin said he was checking me out so I played with him for a while." Jimin glances at Taehyung. "You did? You didn't tell me that!" Taehyung looks down, "I may or may not have kissed him just now.." "You what!' You punk! He's our lecturer for the whole semester!" Jungkook laughs, grabbing a piece of ddeokbokki. "Here, you need this to keep your mouth shut and stop making Jimin hyung so worried." Taehyung chows down on his food, thinking about earlier. "What did he mean by handsome but annoying? I'm handsome and not annoying!" Stabbing a piece of fishcake, he eats it without blowing and realises that it's still hot. "Ah! Hot!" Jimin quickly hands over some water, flicking his head. "Are you stupid? Do you need us to cool down food for you? And you still want to play with Jung-ssaem. What a child." Taehyung pouts, drinking his cup of water.