will you stay

we were two halves || DISCONTINUED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

short and sweet, direct to the point, a smile at the end as a bonus. this was how kim jonghyun had always socialised, how he'd always make sure no one gets in.

--

it's been a while since he last went to a party, been a while since he's last shared a drink with someone besides his succulent--all this because they're celebrating not only their new co-worker but also a new venture of the company: a partnership with UWUNQLO. there's a reason he makes sure his succulent would bear the brunt of his alcohol-related endeavours but unfortunately for him, peer (and boss) pressure was relentless in the wake of a newly signed partnership.

it takes him around three bottles to be completely out of it, eyes glazed over as he saunters from table to table to leech off of everyone's newly cooked meat. he finally settles down in the corner where his 'designated sober buddy' co-worker was, sitting snugly beside him, resting his head like he was already 1) allowed to do so and 2) even close enough to the said co-worker to be invading his personal space like its nobody's business. said co-worker's name is hwang minhyun, and besides the fact that he's always the last sober person whenever they have their company dinners, he knows nothing.

"you okay?" a soft voice asks, prompting him to look up at the boy whose brows were furrowed in worry. he hums in reply, nodding his head ever so slightly before he moves to nuzzle his forehead against the other's shoulder. "you sure?" he's asked again, to which his only response was falling asleep, head slipping from the boy's shoulder to his lap.

when he wakes up, they're one (two, technically) of the eight people left in the restaurant, the feeling of wanting to vomit overriding whatever apology was going to come out of his mouth when he moved to get up. he immediately rushed to the bathroom (which wasn't a good thing, it only made everything so much worse), on his knees and vomiting the moment he opens a cubicle. this entire night was the worst he groans, eyes shut as he kept vomiting.

his body doesn't quite register anything after he's done, sighing as he leans back, his back and forehead drenched in sweat. "feeling better?" a disembodied voice asks, making jonghyun wonder if it's god. he was wrong, but the other's features made him feel like his guess was close enough. it was hwang minhyun again, and now he not only brings water, but also tissues. he moves to clean jonghyun's face, wiping vomit from the edges of his mouth and sweat from his forehead. he cleans everything up and jonghyun wonders what kind of angel has descended upon the earth and has graced him with their presence. he doesn't remember anything after that, passing out once again the moment the other wraps his arms around him to help him get up.

--

the second time he wakes up, he's in an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar room in unfamiliar clothes. he, unfortunately, barely remembers anything and the entire situation made his face go up in flames. he scrambled out of bed only to be greeted with the scent of a lovely breakfast presented to him the moment he opens the door.

"oh, you're up?" the man stumbles back, a breakfast-in-bed-esque tray in hand.

"i...i'm sorry--" he manages, taking a step back to allow the man into what he would presume to be his room. "i must've caused so much tro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter