Aftermath

So what if he looks like a god?

     Jungkook woke up, slowly working his eyes open from a very refreshing sleep. Why do I feel so refreshed? And then he remembered everything that happened the previous day, effectively waking him up a lot faster than any alarm clock he could buy.

 

     He sits up, looking to the other side of the bed, looking to see Seokjin’s obviously adorable sleeping form.

 

     Only to not see anyone.

 

     Jungkook’s smile falls off his face as he processes everything. The bowl of water and the towel were still on his table, and his clothes were still on the floor, so Jungkook knew he didn’t imagine what had happened yesterday.

 

     But as he looks a little closer, he sees that none of Seokjin’s clothes were on the floor. Jungkook’s eyes widen and start to fill with fear and worry as he shakily gets out of bed. He pulls on the dirty clothes on the floor as efficiently as he can at the moment, which wasn’t very.

 

     So many thoughts were running through his head. Why is Jin-hyung not here? Did something happen? Maybe- No! Jungkook thought, pushing that last thought out of his head. He didn’t want to think of the worst. But his efforts proved useless, the many thoughts invading his head, creeping in, as one thought in particular plagued his thoughts.

 

     Did Jin-hyung regret it?

 

     Jungkook wobbled to the door, opening it and entering his hallway. He lifelessly walked down the hall, bypassing the bathroom to head to the kitchen so he could drown his sorrows in banana milk. But as he exited the hall and entered his living room, and he finally registered what was in front of him, his eyes opened and he stared in shock.

 

     Seokjin was there. In his kitchen. Making them breakfast (which was delicious if the heavenly scent was anything to go by). Wearing only a long shirt that barely reached the top of his thighs and an apron (There was probably underwear being worn as well, but Jungkook’s brain was too fried to acknowledge it).

 

     Seokjin looked over at the new addition, and seeing a wide eyed Jungkook with messy bed head, smiled fondly. “Hey, Jungkook. I hope it’s okay that I used your washer and dryer, I made sure to load your hamper along with my clothes so as to not waste a cycle. I also used the ingredients in your kitchen, I just wanted to make sure you were getting at least one nutritious- what’s wrong!?”

 

     Seokjin’s smiling face turned into a worried, wide eyed one as he abandoned his meal (still remembering to turn the stove off, because hello, he didn’t want Jungkook’s apartment to burn down) and rushed to Jungkook, who had just started crying after seeing his hyung.

 

     “Jungkook, what’s wrong? Please tell me!” Seokjin pleaded, gently grasping Jungkook’ arms as he softly shook him.

 

     “You are here,” Jungkook rasped out, in a small, broken voice.

 

     “What?”

 

     Jungkook looked down at the floor. “I- I thought you had left. Tha- that you regretted what we did.”

 

     Seokjin raised and eyebrow in disbelief, and seeing that Jungkook was being completely serious, started giggling gently, that soon turned into full out laughter as he clutched his stomach and slapped his knee.

 

     Jungkook looked at him in alarm. “Hyung?”

 

     “Jungkook, you idiot!” Seokjin said, coming down from his laughing high. “I know that this is new and all but I wouldn’t just leave! Yes, I’ve hurt you before in the past, but I’m here and I’m not leaving.”

 

     Jungkook smiled and wiped his tears. “You say that as if you didn’t hurt me just yesterday.”

 

     “Ya! Yesterday was in the past, it is completely valid!”

 

     Jungkook starts chuckling, rare as it was, and grabbed Seokjin, holding him in a very tight hug.

 

     “Jungkook, I can’t breathe,” came Seokjin’s muffled voice from where his head was squished into Jungkook’s chest.

 

     Jungkook smiled wickedly. “I’m never letting you go!” And he chuckled as Seokjin attempted many times to escape from Jungkook’s hug prison, failing miserably as he whined that he needed to finish breakfast.

 

----- 3 days later -----

 

     Seokjin was waiting. The members would be meeting at his home, and then the seven of them would walk to the cafe down the road and chat. Everyone had been pretty busy lately, so having all seven of them together was a feat.

 

     Seokjin was lost in his thoughts, so lost that he nearly jumped when he heard his door open (he left the door unlocked for convenience). Seokjin turned to the door, expecting to see all his donsaengs, but straightened when he only saw Jungkook.

 

     “Jungkook?” he said, looking perplexed. “Where’s everyone else?”

 

     Jungkook smiled, happy to see his beloved hyung. “They’re coming, I just came ahead.”

 

     He then stepped closer to Seokjin, so his mouth was at the other’s ear, as he spoke, in a pleading, breathy tone. “I just so badly wanted to see you, hyung.”

 

     Seokjin had to stop himself from shuddering. He can’t be-? Not what I’m thinking?

 

     Alas, he was soon proven wrong as Jungkook slid a hand on Seokjin’s waist, the other laying to gently rest on his lower hip. Jungkook was holding Seokjin very close, their faces mere inches apart.

 

     “Hyung…” Jungkook said, eyes becoming lidded as he tilted his head and moved closer.

 

      Seokjin’s eyes widened as he laid his hands on Jungkook’s torso, effectively keeping him back.

 

     “We can’t!” Seokjin said, panic settling in. “The others are coming soon!”

 

     Jungkook held onto Seokjin’s hands and pushed them to the side. “It’s fine. I locked the door. We can stop when we hear the doorbell.”

 

     “Now…” Jungkook whispered as he moved closer to Seokjin, lips stopping a mere inch from Seokjin’s, a question in his eyes as he stared into Seokjin’s own. To allow Seokjin to make the final decision. To make sure Seokjin didn’t feel uncomfortable in any way.

 

     Seokjin understood, looking down, contemplating while biting his lip (which made it 10 times harder for Jungkook to hold back), before wrapping his arms around Jungkook’s torso and whispering.

 

     “We can…” Seokjin said, looking so cute and submissive, not making eye contact, that Jungkook pulled Seokjin to him and slammed their lips together.

 

     This kiss was hot and heavy, moans abundant as their lips moved together. Jungkook moved forward, pushing Seokjin back until his hips hit his kitchen counter, the section that curved onto the bordering wall of the entrance to his kitchen. Seokjin grimaced in discomfort as his body hit the counter, but Jungkook gently ran his fingers along the line of his hip, soothing the tender nerves. He also successfully distracted Seokjin by gently pushing his tongue into Seokjin’s mouth, dancing with Seokjin’s tongue as he relished in the feeling of heat and arousal that he felt.

 

     Seokjin felt himself melt as Jungkook’s tongue pushed past his lips, and Seokjin felt like he was going to fall, it was so overwhelming. His hands clutched the sides of Jungkook’s face as he moved even closer, soon travelling to around Jungkook’s neck as he pressed himself onto Jungkook further.

 

     The two were so lost in each other and their feelings of bliss. So lost, that in fact, they did not register the clicking of the doorknob.

 

-------------------------

 

     The five other members approached the apartment, excited for their get together.

 

     “It’s been so loong~” Taehyung sang as he bounced down the hall, boxy grin present on his face.

 

     “Guys, where’s Jungkook?” Hoseok asked. “I know we planned that the 6 of us would meet, then we’d travel to Jin-hyung’s place so we could all walk to the coffee shop down the street. So where is he?”

 

     “He texted me saying that he went ahead to Jin-hyung’s place” Jimin answered, smile growing on his face. “I’m just glad the two of them made up. I don’t know why they fought, but 5 years is a long time to hold a grudge.”

 

     The 5 of them arrived at the door, chatting nonstop. Until Hoseok tried the knob and it wouldn’t open, that is. They all cut off mid conversation, surprised that the door was locked.

 

     “I thought Jin-hyung said he’d leave the door unlocked. How are we supposed to get in?” Namjoon questioned.

 

     “Maybe knock on the door?” Yoongi deadpanned.

 

     “It’s fine,” Jimin said. “It’s not a problem.”

 

     Yoongi raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

 

     Here, Jimin’s smile did not falter, but got cockier as he swayed and looked away. “I may have gotten my keys mixed up with Jin-hyung’s a while back, and then I may have gone and made a copy of his house key. Who knows, really.”

 

     Taehyung’s smile widened considerably, disbelieving chuckle pushing past his lips. “Jimin, isn’t that illegal?”

 

     “Oh, pshaw. I’m too loveable to get mad at for something like this.” he replied, batting his widened eyes innocently.

 

     “You devil- wait. Do you have keys to everyone’s homes!?” Hoseok asked, concern hitting him.

 

     Jimin smiled wickedly. “No comment.”

 

     The members were shaking their heads in disbelief as Jimin pushed the key in and unlocked the door.

 

     The members crowded around the door as it opened, taking a few steps in, preparing to announce their arrival. As they looked in, however, the words died in their throats as they stood gobsmacked, frozen in place at what they were seeing.

 

     Jungkook and Seokjin were there, next to the kitchen, completely absorbed in each other as it looked like they were trying to devour each other. The two members were kissing, quite passionately, not acknowledging the others’ presence whatsoever.

 

     The others watched as the two continued making out, gradually looking more and more like they had just run a marathon. The members straightened as they saw Jungkook’s hands slip under Seokjin’s shirt, hand brushing his waist. Several took a sharp breath in as they realized that Jungkook was the dominant at the moment, both from that movement and from the needy whine that escaped Seokjin because of it, his hands pulling at Jungkook’s hair. The members couldn’t believe their hyung made a sound like that, and their eyes were popping out of their sockets even more as they saw Jungkook’s eyes open at the sound, before his eyes narrowed and he let out a guttural noise, slamming his lips against Seokjin’s even further.

 

     Did he just ‘growl’? was the collective thought of the members as they saw Jungkook push Seokjin further into the counter, and his next action would have made many of them utter exclamations out loud had they not been frozen in place.

 

     Jungkook ran his hands from Seokjin’s waist down to his thighs, gently getting a grip before lifting Seokjin onto the kitchen counter, moving in between Seokjin’s thighs. Jungkook’s head was now tilted up to meet Seokjin’s as Seokjin wrapped his arms tightly around Jungkook’s neck. The members watched with rising shock as their eldest hyung wrapped his legs around their maknae’s waist, tightly pulling him forward as they continued their act of pleasure.

 

     But great things must come to an end, as Seokjin’s eyes opened to lovingly gaze at Jungkook, before he felt his eyes move elsewhere, and he saw the other members at his doorway, gaping at them.

 

     Seokjin’s eyes opened exaggeratingly wide, as he shoved Jungkook away and leaped off the counter, retreating into the kitchen.

 

     “Hyung, what is it? What-” Jungkook said in confusion, before glancing at the direction he saw Seokjin looking in, and seeing the members. And then freezing at the realization of what the others had just witnessed.

 

     Jungkook awkwardly chuckled. “Heh heh, um, I’m just gonna, uh-” Jungkook pointed a jerky hand at the kitchen that he then darted towards.

 

     “Stop it right there you two,” Yoongi commanded as he stepped forward. “Both of you come out here.”

 

     Jungkook and Seokjin sheepishly made their way out of the kitchen, not making eye contact with anyone.

 

     Yoongi grinned. “I’m glad the two of you got your heads out of your a**es and got together.” He patted Jungkook’s shoulder. “Enjoy.”

 

     “You knew!?!” Jimin exclaimed, looking at Yoongi in disbelief.

 

     “Of course I did. It was obvious.”

 

     The members got control of their limbs and vocal chords again, as they entered the house, many analysing past memories and scanning them for any telltale signs, others moving to tease the two lovers as the atmosphere slowly became more and more comfortable.

 

----- 2 weeks later -----

 

     The members were at the cafe that they frequented, a of luck hitting them when they all had a free schedule merely 2 weeks after their previous outing. They were sitting at their large table outside the cafe, next to the hedge wrapping around the borders of the establishment.

 

     The members were all holding separate conversations with each other while devouring everything in sight, but Jimin paused halfway through his sentence as he saw Seokjin feeding Jungkook a bite of food. This was normal in their friend group, but now his eyes scanned the loving expression on Seokjin’s face as he watched Jungkook take the food, watched Jungkook scrape the food off the chopsticks, saw the two of the smile and chuckle softly as they just looked at each other.

 

     Jimin sat back, groaning loudly, successfully getting everyone’s attention. “Man, I can’t believe you two are dating!” He aggressively pointed at the two of them as they looked at him with smirks on their faces. He started whining as he continued speaking. “And why do the two of you need to rub it in! You two are as sickeningly cute as Hobi-hyung and Yoongi-hyung when they started dating!”

 

     Namjoon barked out laughter at that. “No, that relationship was, and still is, way too cute. Remember, we had to deal with a blushing, shy Yoongi-hyung.”

 

     The others started laughing as Yoongi flushed pink and Hoseok smiled widely, slipping an arm around Yoongi’s waist and holding him.

 

     Hoseok started speaking, gesturing towards Jungkook and Seokjin. “Honestly, I think they’re cute. Like us~” He leaned in closer to Yoongi, whose face gradually became red as the others laughed.

 

     Yoongi shrugged off Hoseok, and hoping to divert the attention off himself, asked Jungkook a question.

 

     “So I know when Jin-hyung first started liking you, but when did you first start liking him? I know it was before you were 10, because that’s when you first started coming to me to rant.”

 

     Jimin pouted, crossing his arms. “And why didn’t Jungkook come to me? I’m his best friend!” he whined, his complaints falling onto deaf ears as Jungkook contemplated the question.

 

     “Honestly…” Jungkook began, “I think… when I first met him?”

 

     Seokjin straightened in his seat, eyebrows raised. “Jungkook. You were a month old when we first met.”

 

     Jungkook started scratching his head, looking down at the table as he stated the next part. “Yes, but my mom told me something interesting, when I first told her that I loved you. She wasn’t surprised at all, which confused me. I asked her how she knew. Do you know what she said?” Jungkook said, now looking at Seokjin straight in the eye. Jungkook smirked as he saw Seokjin’s widened, baffled eyes.

 

     “She said that the very first time I laughed or even smiled since the moment I was born was when I wrapped my tiny fist around your finger.”

 

     The entire table, excluding Jungkook, had gobsmacked expression as they stared at Jungkook, but Seokjin’s held something more.

 

     “Holy crap, you two are soulmates.” Yoongi said flatly. The others broke out of their stupor as they marvelled in amazement.

 

     “Time to change the subject!” Taehyung said, stretching. “What color should I dye my hair next? Maybe a silvery brown?”

 

     The others tittered at his weird choice (“Silvery-brown?” they muttered), but Jimin jumped up from his seat, pulling out his phone and unlocking it.

 

     “I just remembered!” he said as he pulled up his photos, scrolling for a specific array of images as he made his way over to Jungkook. He leaned over Jungkook and handed him his phone. “I promised to show Jungkook pictures of Jin-hyung’s other dye jobs.”

 

     The others returned to their discussion of Taehyung’s next hair color (“But hyung, don’t you see how it looks?” he said as he showed the shade on people’s hair he found on google. “Wouldn’t that look good on me?”), and they started debating what hair colors are good for what event, what colors are work appropriate, whether they should give a what their work thinks (Yoongi’s contribution), etc.

 

     It was here that Taehyung realized that Jungkook had not said a word during this conversation, and that Jungkook was just staring at the phone screen, frozen in place. “Jungkook, are you okay? You’re just staring at a picture.”

 

     Jimin looked down, never having returned to his seat, and saw the image Jungkook was stuck on. “Oh, yeah, That’s when Jin-hyung had blond hair.”

 

     Taehyung chuckled, understanding completely. “That time was so hard to deal with, honestly. I swear, if I didn’t already know Jin-hyung was an awful person (“Hey!” was heard from the side.), then I would have most certainly tried to hit that. Jungkook?”

 

     Jungkook was staring at the phone, hands turning white from gripping it too hard. Then, without warning, his eyes shut and his head fell forward to smack on the table.

 

     Cries of “Jungkook!” were heard from Jimin and Seokjin as the other members laughed their hearts out, affirming the hotness that was Seokjin with blond hair as the bright, warm sun shone on this wonderful day.