Misunderstandings

So what if he looks like a god?

     Seokjin didn’t know how he found himself there.

 

     With Jungkook across from him.

 

     At dinner.

 

     Well, technically all seven people of the group were at the dinner, but it was still a rectangular table. And Seokjin was still sitting across from Jungkook. Who was currently staring at him. So excuse Seokjin if he felt the need to panic.

 

     Just a little.

 

     Seokjin took a drink of water, tongue jutting out to catch the bit of water on his lips. He glances at Jungkook to see him staring at Seokjin’s lips, biting his own with dilated pupils. Seokjin flushed red and placed his glass down, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Jungkook and joining the conversation that Hoseok and Jimin were having next to him. Jungkook continued to stare, watching the beautiful pink flush of Seokjin’s skin slowly fade away. His eyes then traveled to the pink of Seokjin’s hair, marveling at how the hue matched his hyung so well.

 

     And as these two numbskulls were going on with their way, another was watching them. Yoongi, who was sitting two down from Jungkook, was quietly examining the scenario before him. He sighed. These idiots…

 

-------------------------

 

     Seokjin rushed into his home and plopped on his couch, exhausted from the dinner. When the group was saying goodbye to each other, he reminisced, Seokjin had said goodbye to Taehyung when he felt warm air on the back of his neck.

 

     “Take care, hyung,” Jungkook had said, voice breathy and low as he spoke from behind Seokjin. Seokjin had to will himself to not shudder at that beautiful- wait, it’s not beautiful! Who said it was beautiful? He meant annoying voice. People shudder at annoying voices, right?

 

     Alas, it didn’t matter whether the voice was beautiful or annoying, because Seokjin definitely did NOT do a good job hiding his shudder, which Jungkook took full joy in seeing. It thrilled Jungkook seeing his hyungs reactions, because that meant that his hyung could like him back!

 

     Anyway, Seokjin was so tired from “hiding” his reactions that he did not hear his door creak open. And then a deep, somewhat gravelly voice came out of nowhere and shocked Seokjin to the extent that he fell off the couch.

 

     “Hyung, what are you doing?” Yoongi said, exasperated.

 

     Seokjin looked up, eyes open in fear before realizing that it was Yoongi. “Yoongi! Don’t scare me like that!” Seokjin stood up, breathing heavily. “Also, how on earth did you get in here?”

 

     “You left the door open.” Yoongi said, no emotion whatsoever. He sighed. “Anyway, come with me to my place.”

 

     Seokjin took on a confused expression. “Why?”

 

     “Because I need to get up early tomorrow and I won’t have time to cook and your food is always better than mine. I'll buy whatever you need. Help me?”

 

     Seokjin sighed dramatically. “Always asking for food, you donsaengs! I should just become your guys’ personal chef!”

 

     “Yeah, let’s do it.”

 

     Seokjin laughs, mood greatly improved. “Alright, let’s go. Friends can’t let incapable, lazy friends starve, right?”

 

     “I would argue, but it’s true.”

 

     “Right?” Seokjin said, sticking his tongue out childishly. “Come, on,” he says, dragging Yoongi out the door, and making sure to lock it this time. “Let’s go!”

 

-------------------------

 

     Seokjin was at Yoongi’s house, in his kitchen, cooking a healthy breakfast that’s easy to eat. Seokjin placed his finishing touch and wiped the imaginary sweat off his brow, looking at his mini masterpiece. Great! he thought. I’ll go tell Yoongi that it’s done.

 

     Seokjin walked out of the kitchen, and not seeing Yoongi on the couch, made his way to the bedroom. He opened the door and entered, seeing Yoongi.

 

     “Okay, Yoongi, I’m done, so I’m going to make my way home. I wish you good luck for tomorrow.”

 

     “Hyung.”

 

     Seokjin stilled, eyes open warily. “Yes?” he said cautiously.

 

     Yoongi patted the bed next to him. “Come sit down.”

 

     Seokjin slowly moved over, gently sitting down, still wary at Yoongi’s sudden behavior. “Umm, what is this abou-”

 

     “How long have you loved Jungkook?”

 

     Seokjin choked on his sentence, nearly coughing up his lung as he processed Yoongi’s question. Seokjin, after getting his act together, fumbled through his answer. “O- of course I love Jungkook! He’s my friend, I love him as much as I love any of yo-”

 

     “Not that,” Yoongi said. He leans forward. “How long have you been in love with Jungkook?”

 

     Seokjin sputtered. “Yoongi, I’m not in love with Jungkook! He- Jungkook’s-”

 

     Seokjin stood up and started rambling. All of his feelings towards Jungkook came out, but they went through a filter in his mouth that gave them the wrong meaning, a negative meaning, and they were mixed with lies that he came up with on the spot.

 

     Uh-oh.

 

     “I absolutely can’t stand him! He’s-

 

-------------------------

 

     Jungkook made his way to Yoongi’s front door, eager to talk about how adorable Seokjin is. He took the spare key Yoongi had lent him and opened the door, silently making his way inward. As he didn’t see Yoongi on the couch, he started walking to the bedroom, assuming Yoongi was in there.

 

     As Jungkook walked towards the bedroom, he heard intense coughing, and his eyes widened, panicked that his hyung might be sick. But then he heard the muffled voice of another person, a person whose voice he could recognize without a doubt.

 

     It’s Jin hyung! Jungkook thought, excited. Even though he came to talk to Yoongi, he wanted to see the beloved hyung that he was in love with. He could just talk to Yoongi the next day. It would be fun to watch Seokjin. Maybe try to see if Seokjin liked him back? If someone gets flustered around you, they like you even just a little bit, right?

 

     Jungkook made his way forward, and when he was about to open the door, he heard Seokjin say his name. They’re talking about me! I could answer whether or not Jin hyung likes me back! He does, right? There should be no problem. And he opened the door to hear what they were saying.

 

-------------------------

 

     “-a brat! After five ing years he thinks he can come here and treat us as inferior. He has no damn respect for his hyungs! Here he is, doing whatever he wants, making fun of everyone in our group in hurtful ways. He’s abusing his rights as the maknae and being a horrible person! He’s changed for the absolute worst! I will never, EVER fall in love with someone like that!”

 

     Seokjin finished his rant, breathing heavily as he looked down at Yoongi, who was ready to counter Seokjin’s idiocy. As Seokjin waited for his reaction, Yoongi glanced elsewhere and froze, eyes widening.

 

     “What?” Seokjin said. “What is it? Why are you looking-” And Seokjin turned to the direction Yoongi was looking to see the door open, with Jungkook standing in the doorway.

 

     Seokjin eyes widened as well as he remembered everything he had just said. Oh god. Was Jungkook there the whole time?

 

     Jungkook was looking down, not saying anything. After a few seconds he looked up, and Seokjin was struck with so much guilt and shame.

 

     Jungkook had a smile plastered on, but it was weak compared to the frown that was trying to come on, and his big, doe eyes were filling with tears. Jungkook took a wobbly breath in and out.

 

     “I’m sorry I ever though I had a chance with you, hyung.” Jungkook said, then he let his smile drop and his tears fall as he bolted.

 

     “Jungkook, wait!” Seokjin said, running after him. Seokjin made it out of the hallway just as the front door slammed shut. Seokjin stood, frozen, then he fell to his knees. Outside, he could hear the revving of a car as it drove away.

 

     Yoongi walked out of his hallway to see Seokjin on his knees, staring at the door. Yoongi sighed in frustration, rubbing his forehead with his hand.

 

     “Yoongi?” Seokjin said, quiet and weak.

 

     “Yes, hyung?” Yoongi said, removing his hand and looking at Seokjin. There was silence. Seokjin hesitantly gulped, then took a deep breath in.

 

     “I think I’m in love with Jungkook.”