Beginnings

So what if he looks like a god?

     The Jeons were in their car, driving to the location of their new house in Seoul. Mrs. Jeon was feeling uncomfortable, as most pregnant women feel in their second trimester. Mr. Jeon looked worryingly at Mrs. Jeon, then looked back at the road. He turned into their soon-to-be-neighborhood.

 

     Mr. Jeon drove to their new house, then did a double take. He parked, and exited the car, an expression of confusion on his face.

 

     Mrs. Jeon looked out at Mr. Jeon. “What is it, honey? Is there something wrong?”

 

     Mr. Jeon looked back at her. “Nothing’s wrong, I’m just pretty sure…” He bit his lip in puzzlement. “Isn’t the moving truck only supposed to be here next week?”

 

     Mrs. Jeon, surprise on her face, opened the passenger car and looked out. And it’s true. A moving truck was parked in front of their street. But then she noticed something. It wasn’t in front of their house, it was in front of…

 

     Mrs. Jeon exited the car, and followed by her befuddled husband, she trudged over to the house right next to their own. There, she saw a woman slightly older than herself and a man who was speaking with the driver. She approached the woman.

 

     “Excuse me?”

 

     The woman looks over at the pregnant lady standing in front of her. She smiles. “Hello, who are you?”

 

     At this, Mrs. Jeon smiles. “I’m Mrs. Jeon, and this is my husband. We just bought the house right next to this. We just drove here and saw the truck, and we got confused, since it is from the same company as we used. So this is yours? Are you moving in or moving out?”

 

     “We’re moving in. Strange that we moved in at the same time. Maybe this is the universe’s sign that we’re supposed to be friends.”

 

     “Yeah, maybe,” Mrs. Jeon says with an almost wistful expression. She already has a friend in the neighborhood.

 

     “Oof,” the woman uttered, distracting Mrs. Jeon. The woman smiled and reached a hand behind herself. “I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Mrs. Kim, and this,” The hand that was behind her gently pushed a small boy in front of her, who immediately clutched at his mom’s dress and tried to hide. “Is Seokjin. Say hi to the nice lady, Jinnie.”

 

     Seokjin tried to bury himself into his mom’s dress even further. “Hi,” he said, shyly, looking at Mrs. Jeon.

 

     Mrs. Kim looks back at Mrs. Jeon. “He’s four years ol-”

 

     “Four and seven months!” Seokjin said, still looking at Mrs. Jeon under the protection of his mom’s dress.

 

     Mrs. Kim gives him a small smile. “Yes, four and seven months. And I don’t want to assume, but are you pregnant?”

 

     “Yes, I’m currently five months pregnant.”

 

     “Oh, so do you know what gender they are?”

 

     “Yes, I will be giving birth to a boy.”

 

     Mrs. Kim’s face lit up. “Great! After he’s born, I can bring my Jinnie over, and they can play!”

 

     Mrs. Jeon looked over at her husband, who had wandered over to Mr. Kim and was now in a heated debate with him. She looks back at Mrs. Kim. “That sounds great.”

 

----- 5 Months Later -----

 

     Mrs. Kim and Seokjin were standing in front of their neighboring house’s door. Mrs. Kim had just rung the doorbell. Mrs. Jeon opened the door and ushered them inside.

 

     “Can we see the baby?” Seokjin said to Mrs. Jeon.

 

     “Jin!” his mom said with exasperation. “At least say hi first!”

 

     “No, no, I get it. I should be flattered that he wants to see my son so bad.” Mrs. Jeon chuckled.

 

     She started walking down the hallway in her home, telling Seokjin and Mrs. Kim to follow her. She opened a door and they enter. It was the nursery. Pastel pictures of different animals were on the walls. Small, plush toys were scattered around. And in the very center was a rocking crib. Mrs. Jeon gestured to the crib, and Seokjin stepped forward, his mother right behind him. His mother coos as he leans forward.

 

     And there was Jungkook. Small, shriveled, a newborn infant. He was asleep, his dark brown, curly hair mussed on his small head. His mouth was slightly open showcasing his gums and his hands were clenched at his chest as he curled up on himself, wearing a small blue and white patterned onesie.

 

     Mrs. Kim stepped back, turning to Mrs. Jeon. “He’s adorable! And a full head of hair already! Oh, I just want to pick him up and kiss him all over!”

 

     Mrs. Jeon smiles shyly. “Isn’t that the case with most newborn babies?”

 

     “You got me there.” Mrs. Kim said, laughing. She looked over at Seokjin. Seokjin was still in the same place, staring at Jungkook. He had a contemplative expression on his face. “Seokjin, what are you doing?”

 

     Seokjin turned his face to his mother, and brought his hand to point at Jungkook. “He looks like a bunny!”

 

     The two moms, surprised at the outburst, started snickering. Seokjin, thinking that the two didn’t believe him, started arguing.

 

     “He does!” Seokjin whined. “His nose is round like a bunny! He-”

 

     And then Seokjin stopped. He had heard a mewl. As an excitable almost-five-year-old, he had forgotten something very important: he had forgotten to keep his voice down. 

 

     He looked down at the crib, where a now-woken-up Jungkook had his face scrunched up. Jungkook sniffled, and then started all out crying.

 

     “Oh, dear,” Mrs. Kim said, pulling Seokjin away from the crib that he was now looking at with a pouting face. “I’m so sorry! I-”

 

     “No problem at all,” Mrs. Jeon said, rushing over to the crib. As she attempted to calm a now wailing Jungkook, Mrs. Kim knelt down next to the still pouting Seokjin.

 

     Seokjin spoke. “Why’s he crying?” he asked as he moped.

 

     Mrs. Kim smiled and answered. “Because he’s a baby. He doesn’t know how the world works. He’s only been out here for a month. And he doesn’t know how to talk, like you and me. Crying is his way of talking to us. Right now he’s just grumpy because he was woken up from his nap. You don’t like it when you are woken up early, right? It’s the same for him.”

 

     Seokjin nodded, now with a more neutral facial expression.

 

     Mrs. Kim stood, as she realized with amazement that there was no more crying. She looked over at Mrs. Jeon, who was sitting next to the crib. “You’re amazing!” she whisper-yelled. “How’d you get him to calm down so fast?”

 

     Mrs. Jeon smirked. “He’s a wonderful kid. He doesn’t cry very often, and when he does, it doesn’t take much to get him to stop. And you don’t have to whisper. He’s awake.”

 

     Seokjin walked over to the crib and looked at Jungkook. And even though Jungkook couldn’t fully open his eyes, Seokjin knew that Jungkook was looking at him. With the mothers stealthily moving closer, Seokjin slowly moved his hand closer to Jungkook, and stretched out his index finger. Jungkook suddenly wrapped his tiny fist around Seokjin’s finger, smiled, and then started giggling.

 

     “Oh my god.” Mrs. Jeon quietly said. Mrs. Kim looked over at Mrs. Jeon, who was looking at the boys with shock etched clearly on her face. “That’s the first time he’s laughed- or even smiled- since he was born.”

 

     Mrs. Kim’s eyes widened.

 

     Seokjin, whose attention was taken by Jungkook, did not hear Mrs. Jeon. As Jungkook continued to tightly clench Seokjin’s finger, giggling all the while, Seokjin slowly found himself smiling as well.

 

----- 9 Years Later -----

 

     Mrs. Jeon and Mrs. Kim were in the Kim family living room, sipping on coffee. Mrs. Jeon was talking about some of her concerns about Jungkook.

 

     “Jungkook’s not doing well with his peers?” Mrs. Kim asked.

 

     Mrs. Jeon sighed and put down her coffee cup. “It’s not that he’s isn’t doing well with his peers. He has friends. It’s just that his friends are elder to him by two years or more. He doesn’t have any friends in his grade, or even the grade above him.” Mrs. Jeon tilted her head, placing it in her palm. “I think that Seokjin being his only playmate since infancy got him used to friends with maturity levels that are too high for the people in his grade.”

 

     Mrs. Kim nodded. “Hey, at least he has friends. And look at Jin. His friends are all younger that him by at least a year. Jungkook’s doing just fine.”

 

     Mrs. Jeon smiled. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

 

----- 1 Month Later -----

 

     “So when are we going to meet this childhood friend of yours?”

 

     Jungkook was at lunch, sitting next to his two friends, Taehyung and Jimin. Jungkook had just finished complaining about his score on his test when Jimin asked that question.

 

     “Yeah,” Taehyung added, eating the food that he had snuck from Jungkook’s meal, which Jungkook repeatedly told him to stop doing! “He comes up in every other sentence you say. I wanna see what’s so special about him.”

 

     “Jin-hyung is amazing!” Jungkook exclaimed. “He’s kind and smart and silly, and he’s the best cook!”

 

     Taehyung freezes, a morsel of food stopped before it could make it to his mouth. “He cooks? Oh, now we’re definitely meeting him!”

 

     Later that day, after school ended, Jungkook was over at the Kims, in Seokjin’s bedroom as they did their homework.

 

     “Hey, hyung?”

 

     Seokjin looked over from his desk where he’s doing his math homework. “Yes, Jungkook?”

 

     Jungkook paused, thinking of how to put his request into words. “My friends really want to meet you. Would that be possible?”

 

     Seokjin smiled. “You told your friends about me? I’m flattered. Sure, why not?”

 

     “So, would tomorrow work?” Jungkook asked hopefully.

 

     Seokjin face changed to a sorrowful one as he shifted around, uncomfortable. “Sorry, tomorrow I’m meeting with my friends at the park just down the road.”

 

     Jungkook looked at Seokjin. “Well, can we come to the park tomorrow? It’ll give me a chance to meet your friends.” he said shyly, looking down.

 

     Seokjin thought about it. “That’s great! Okay, let’s do that!” Seokjin moved forward and place a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder, who resisted the urge to jump away in shock. “I’ll tell my friends tomorrow.”

 

     Seokjin moved back to continue his homework, leaving Jungkook to push down the emotions he’s been pushing down for years now.

 

----- The Next Day -----

 

     “Okay,” Jungkook said as he and his friends entered the park. “Remember, we’re not only meeting him, but his friends as well.”

 

     “We know,” Jimin said, peeved. “You only told us a million times. It’s only been a couple of hours since you found out!”

 

     “Oh look! There they are!” Jungkook said, hushing him. A little bit away from them was a group of four boys. Jungkook felt his heartbeat accelerate. These were older boys. Nearly teenagers! Jungkook was nine!

 

     Jungkook started breathing faster, wondering whether the ground was going to swing up and smack him in the face. He’s never experienced it, but he’d read it in one of his books, and thought it was a perfect example of what he was feeling right now.

 

     As Jungkook was going through his mini panic attack, he heard Jimin yell behind him, which made him freeze, his brain wracked with confusion.

 

     “Hobi-hyung!?” Jimin yelled. The group of boys looked over. The tall, skinny one with high cheekbones suddenly gave a huge smile, as bright as the sun. The boy started running towards them, as he screamed.

 

     “JIIIMIIINEEEE!!!”

 

     The boy wrapped his arms around Jimin, as he started bouncing with excitement.

 

     Jungkook watched, stunned. “You know him?”

 

     The boy looked over. “Yep! This is my little cousin.”

 

     Jimin looked at Jungkook as well, adding more. “He’s also my hyung in dance class!”

 

     The other boys had made it to Jungkook by this time. Taehyung looked at the other boys, until he recognized one.

 

     “Joonie-hyung?”

 

     Jungkook whipped his head towards the tallest one, long and lanky. The boy smiled, dimples showing on his face.

 

     “Hey, Taehyung.”

 

     Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who noticed Jungkook’s astonished look. “Joonie-hyung is my dad’s boss’s son. I’ve seen him at many of my dad’s work parties.”

 

     Seokjin saw everything, and for Jungkook’s sake, decided to properly make sure everyone’s introduced.

 

     “Okay, everyone stand in a circle.” The boys moved so they were standing in a circle, facing the middle. “Okay, so now I’d like you to say your name, your age, the friend group you came with, and if you know someone else, how you know them.”

 

     “I’ll start. My name is Seokjin, I’m 14, I came with Yoongi, Joonie, and Hobi, and Jungkookie here is my neighbor and childhood friend!” Seokjin then looked at the short boy next to him that looked completely uninterested in anything, who sighed then started speaking.

 

     “Yoongi, 13, here with Jin-hyung, Joonie, and Hobi, and I don’t know anyone else.”

 

     The tall one spoke next. “I’m Namjoon. I’m 12. I came here with Jin-hyung, Yoongi-hyung, and Hoseok-hyung. I know Taehyung because our dads work together, and we met at the work parties they practically forced us to come to.”

 

     The bright smiling one spoke. “Hi!!! I’m Hoseok. Also known as Hobi, since I’m everyone’s hope! I’m 12 as well, but I’m older than Joonie. I came here with Jin-hyung, Suga-hyung, and Joonie! I know Jimin, because he’s my adorable cousin and we go to dance class together!”

 

     “Umm,” Jimin said. “Who’s Suga-hyung?” he asked, expressing Jungkook’s confusion as well.

 

     Hoseok chuckled, hand reaching to scratch the back of his head sheepishly. “Sorry, I meant Yoongi-hyung. We call him Suga! ‘Cause not only is he the palest, but he also secretly cares about us, even when he seems like he hates us.”

 

     Yoongi neither agreed nor denied this statement, he just looked bored out of his skull.

 

     Taehyung started speaking. “I guess I’m next. I’m Taehyung, I’m 11, I came here with Jimin-hyung and Jungkook, and I know Joonie-hyung from those work parties, since we were the only kids there.”

 

     “Hey, I’m Jimin. I’m also 11, older than Taehyung, I came here with Taetae and Jungkook, and I know Hobi-hyung because he’s my cousin.”

 

     Everyone then looked at Jungkook, waiting for him to speak. Jungkook, who was never really good at speaking to people, stumbled through his paragraph.

 

     “Uh, hi. I-I’m Jungkook. I’m 9 years old. Umm, I came here with Jimin-h-hyung and Taetae-hyung. I know Jin-hyung b-because we are neighbors.”

 

     Everyone was quiet. Jungkook shut his eyes, so worried that everyone who call him a loser and abandon him.

 

     “SOO CUUUTEE!!!”

 

     And Jungkook gets his breath knocked out as a body slams into him, picking him up and spinning him around. After he gets put down, Jungkook sees Hoseok, his assailant, turn to Seokjin, saying, “I can’t believe you never told us how cute your neighbor is! He’s 9 years old! He’s shy! HE STUTTERED!”

 

     “And you’re only 12,” Seokjin replies. “I didn’t tell you because I didn’t think I had to.”

 

     And soon everyone started bantering and jabbing at each other like lifelong friends. It was a miracle to everyone when Hoseok managed to get Yoongi to smile. The two groups shared embarrassing things about their people that everyone else didn’t know, leaving the victims red faced. Jungkook nearly died laughing when he heard about Namjoon’s sunglasses breaking before he could even wear them. And Seokjin got the group howling when he reenacted Jungkook finding the fish at his feet at one of their annual beach trips.

 

     Soon the group was laid on the ground, just watching the sun slowly start to set.

 

     “This was so much fun,” Taehyung said, still out of breath from all the laughter.

 

     “Yeah, and you know what?” Jimin said, turning on his stomach so he could see all the other boys. “I have a feeling that we are going to be the best of friends.”

 

     “Don’t be sappy,” Yoongi said.

 

     “You know you can feel it,” Hoseok said. “I completely agree with Jimin.”

 

     All the members gave their agreements.

 

     “To commemorate our joining into a group, I think we should make ourselves a name.” Seokjin said.

 

     “Oh!” Hoseok sat up. “I read this somewhere. We should call ourselves ‘The Bulletproof Boyscouts’!”

 

     “That’s stupid,” Yoongi said, with a face of disgust.

 

     “Exactly! That’s why it fits us so well!”

 

     The members laughed, some giving objections, others wholeheartedly agreeing.

 

     “But saying ‘Bulletproof Boyscouts’ is too much. It’s too long.”

 

     “Umm,” Jungkook said. Immediately, everyone’s attention was on him, since he didn’t talk very much before. He talked even less than Yoongi! “How about that becomes our name, but we use ‘BTS’ for short?”

 

     The members thought about it.

 

     “BTS…” Taehyung said, smile creeping on his face.

 

     “Has a nice ring to it, huh?” Jimin said.

 

     “Okay, everyone.” Namjoon said. “To BTS!”

 

     “BTS!” Everyone said, pumping their fist into the air as the remains of the sun disappeared behind the horizon.

 

----- 6 Years Later -----

 

     Jungkook was at Seokjin’s door. His mom let him in. Seokjin was going to Seoul University now, but he visits his family on the weekends. So Jungkook had a short frame of time to see Seokjin.

 

     Jungkook had something important to tell Seokjin. Well, actually two things, but Jungkook was only going to tell him one. He knocked. Seokjin opened the door.

 

     “Hey Jungkook. Come in.” He said, opening the door and letting Jungkook in. Seokjin closed the door, then made his way to his desk. “Come on, Jungkook! Open your bag! That homework isn’t going to complete itself!”

 

     Seokjin turned to Jungkook, who hadn’t moved from when he he first entered. “Jungkook?”

 

     Jungkook took a deep breath. “Hyung. I have something to tell you.”

 

     Seokjin smiled, confused. “Why so serious, Jungkook? It’s just me, we’ve known each other for how long-”

 

     “I love you.”

 

     Seokjin froze. The two looked at each other in silence. “What?”

 

     “Hyung, I love you. I’ve loved you for so long. I never had plans of confessing, but now… I feel like I have to.”

 

     The two still had not moved. Jungkook was facing the floor. After a couple of minutes, Seokjin got up and slowly strolled towards Jungkook.

 

     “Jungkook, that’s not it.”

 

     Jungkook looked up at Seokjin, eyes wide. Seokjin had an accepting expression on his face as he placed a hand on Jungkook’s shoulders.

 

     “You’re not in love with me. You’re mistaking brotherly love with romantic love. You’re only fifteen, it happens. You’re a teenager, you want to be in a relationship. You want to love someone. And I’ve been with you for so long, you misinterpreted the kind of love you feel for me as romantic.”

 

     Seokjin stepped away and sat at his desk. “Okay, now to get to work on your homework. I’ll help you with it.”

 

     He turned to Jungkook, who was looking at the floor with his fists clenched. Jungkook brought his eyes up to Seokjin’s, and Seokjin was shocked by the rage that was in there, as well as the pools of tears that were forming. Jungkook rushed out of the room, slamming the door shut.

 

     Seokjin felt bad at what he did, but he knew he was right. He couldn’t let Jungkook get delusioned into loving him.

 

----- 1 Week Later -----

 

     Seokjin was walking to his parents house, casually strolling. He was unconsciously looking over random things in the neighborhood, until he saw something at the Jeon house which made him stop short. He ran over, until he was right in front of it.

 

     It was a FOR SALE sign. That also had a strip of paper over it that said SOLD! And as Seokjin looked over the property, he say so many things missing. No lawn decorations, nothing at the windows.

 

     No. It couldn’t be. Seokjin ran to his house, opening the door and searching for his mother. He found her in the laundry room.

 

     “Jin, what’s the matter? You’re panting like you just ran a marathon!”

 

     “Mom, is it true?”

 

     Mrs. Kim looked at him with puzzlement on her face. “What do you mean?”

 

     “Did the Jeons move?”

 

     It was silent. “Oh, honey,” Mrs. Kim said. “I thought Jungkook told you.” She looked at her son, who she knew was desperate for information.

 

     “They moved to America.”

 

     Seokjin ran to his room, slamming the door. He immediately took his phone, dialling a number he knew would tell him. The dial tones rang through the room. The receiver picked up.

 

     “Hyung? What is it?”

 

     “Yoongi, did Jungkook really move to America?”

 

     There was silence in the room for a moment.

 

     “I would have assumed you knew already. Jungkook told me two weeks ago. He-”

 

     “Yoongi. Do you know when he’s coming back?”

 

     There was silence once again.

 

     “His parents want him to finish his education there. He can only come back when he’s twenty.”

 

     Seokjin hung up. He leaned back against his door, and slid down until he was sitting. He placed his head in between his knees and sat in silence.

 

----- 5 Years Later -----

 

     Seokjin parked in the airport parking lot. He got out, and headed into the airport, looking for the group of people he was meeting up with.

 

     “Hyung, over here!”

 

     Seokjin headed towards the voice, where the five others were waiting.

 

     “Thanks, Jimin,” Seokjin said, Jimin being the one that called him over.

 

     “No problem!” He smiled. “But, hyung, we’re finally seeing Jungkook after five years! And I mean, we got to keep in touch through text and- Oops. Sorry hyung.”

 

     Seokjin knew he had upset Jungkook, but the boy clearly knows how to hold a grudge, since while everyone else got to chat with Jungkook, he had not once made an attempt to talk with Seokjin. And Seokjin didn’t try, because he didn’t think he deserved to. The other members knew that Jungkook and Seokjin got into a fight before he left, but they didn’t know what it was about. It was still a sore issue with him.

 

     “It’s fine Jimin,” Seokjin said, weary smile on his face. “After five years I hope we can put this issue to the side so we can enjoy this occasion as a group.”

 

     “Okay,” Namjoon said, getting everyone’s attention. “Jungkook’s flight should have come in. We should now be on the lookout.”

 

     Everyone started paying close to the people coming their way, looking for anyone who even slightly resembled Jungkook.

 

     “Ooh!” Hoseok said. “I can’t wait to see our adorable Kookie! It’s been so long, I nearly went through withdrawal symptoms!”

 

     “You do realize Jungkook’s going to look different from how we remember him, right?” Yoongi said, looking towards the international flight path.

 

     “Yeah, but it’s Jungkook. How different could he be?”

 

     Yoongi didn’t reply. He continued looking. The group continued their task for fifteen minutes.

 

     “I don’t see him,” Taehyung said.

 

     “Maybe his flight was delayed,” Namjoon said, squinting at someone to make sure they weren’t Jungkook.

 

     “I’m going to call the brat,” Yoongi said, pulling out his phone.

 

     Jimin suddenly called out, pointing. “There he is! He’s here! He’s- Oh my god.”

 

     The members looked in the direction Jimin is facing, fueled by their curiosity at Jimin’s strange statement. And when they laid their eyes on Jungkook, they saw exactly why Jimin reacted like he did.

 

     Namjoon nearly fell over, Yoongi dropped his phone, Hoseok brought his hands to clutch at his chest, Taehyung gulped, Jimin brought his hands to cover his mouth, and Seokjin just let his mouth fall open.

 

     Jungkook was absolutely destroyed when puberty ran him over with a truck. Jungkook was tall, very tall. The only person taller than him in their group was Namjoon. He had dyed light brown hair that was swept in a way that made it look messy but so, so hot. The baby fat on his cheeks had melted away, leaving a sharp jaw and certain straight edges. But he still had his big doe eyes and bunny smile, so now he looked innocent but y, like a devilish imp. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a tight, plaid overcoat that had the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, very clearly displaying the large amount of muscle he had built up. He was wearing tight jeans that emphasized his thighs, leaving him as the embodiment of .

 

     The group watched, frozen, as their once shy, scared-of-girls Jungkook calmly answered a girl asking for directions, smirked, and then winked at her. Winked. The girl flushed red, fleeing after thanking him.

 

     Jungkook, then looked over, and seeing his hyungs, he made his way over, big bunny smile on his face.

 

     “Hi hyungs!” Jungkook said. Oh my god, his voice was deeper than before and husky. The members were even more frozen now. Jungkook smile faltered, as he debated as to whether he should get a doctor or not. “Hyungs?”

 

     Jimin blinked, then attempted to speak. “J-jungkook! Wow, you’ve changed a lot!”

 

     Jungkook smiled, shy again as Seokjin’s brain went on overdrive. ing hell.

 

     “Yeah, I changed a lot. Believe me, I was as shocked as you guys probably are.”

 

     The members were slowly able to take control of their body parts again, and were able to start talking, eventually walking to their cars. All but Seokjin.

 

     Seokjin was the only one who couldn’t recover. His mouth was still hung open. Jungkook noticed, and said to the others that he’d say behind with Seokjin. The group, hoping that the two would make up, quickly agreed, leaving the two alone.

 

     Jungkook walked up to Seokjin, and leaned over, saying in a deeper, huskier tone. “You should close your mouth, hyung. You wouldn’t want to catch any flies.” And, oh god, even though that sentence was so innocent, it sent a tingle throughout Seokjin’s body, and he felt a light fluttering in his chest. What was that?

 

     Seokjin focused on Jungkook, as if he had only just seen him. “L-let’s go! We need to get you to your apartment.” Seokjin awkwardly turned towards the exit and started walking, chanting a mantra in his brain.

 

     He is my adorable little brother. He is my adorable little brother. He is my adorable little brother. He is-

 

     “Hyung?” Jungkook said, right behind Seokjin, making him freeze. He is my adorable little brother. He is my- “I think you need the address of my new apartment before you can drive anywhere.”

 

     Seokjin took a deep, shuddering breath. He quickly took his keys out of his pocket, and shoved them into Jungkook’s surprised hand. “You go to my car, it’s right outside, it’s blue, you can’t miss it. I’m going to get a drink of water.” And Seokjin turned and walked towards the fountain, not waiting for a response.

 

     Jungkook stares at the keys in his hands. He looks up at the receding figure of Seokjin, and said his response loud enough so he could hear.

 

     “Okay, hyung.”

 

     Seokjin felt a full on shudder at Jungkook’s voice, He is my adorable little brother. He’s-, and continued walking until he knew for sure that Jungkook had left the airport. He then crouched on the floor, hands clutching his head, getting some attention from passerbys. He couldn’t care less.

 

     Oh, who am I kidding? I have to ignore these feelings, for his sake and for my sanity! I can do this, I can do this-

 

     Seokjin looked over at the doors that Jungkook walked out of.

 

     At least I hope I can do this.