Chapter 2

Unworthy of your love

The lighting tapping of the keyboard and the occasional clicks of the mouse were the only sounds that could be heard from Amber's darkened room. She was busy editing the last of the article that had mailed to her by her clients a few days before. 

She was a freelance editor with a very good reputation. Talk about irony. The people who knew her in person would be so against her good reputation even if it was in a professional field because of that nasty attitude of her. But this work made sure Amber never had to meet her clients in person and now with the ever growing technological advances, she was on the safe side. Her clients mailed her the articles, she edited it and after proof reading it to perfection, she forwarded it back to them for the final publishing. 

This business was good for both her and the clients. She made good money and the clients didnt have to pay extravagant sum that most established editing houses charged. 

She was very good at her job and so was always being recommended by the clients to own circle of friends who in turn did the same. She had a number of clients and sometimes she could hardly eat with so much of work pending. It was good thing though. She hardly had time to think and go out, which meant no one had to be subjected to her foul mouth.

She was done putting in the last comma in the article. Finally her work for the day was finished and she could take the much needed rest. Stretching her arm above, she stifled a yawn. She quickly saved the article and decided to proof read it the next day. She was too tired to check the mistakes. It was better to do it when she was feeling fresh. 

Last thing on her final checklist of the day was to check her mail. She usually got atleast 1 new client. She scrolled through the mail and as expected, a new mail was indeed there. 

She opened up the mail and with droopy eyes read through the rather long mail. Everything was so damn confusing that for a moment she was sure that this was someone playing a prank on her. And if it was the case.. well.. she would just ignore. She wasnt a techno geek who would know what to do with stupid annoying pranksters and get back in the techno cool way. 

Honestly she just wanted to sleep. But the more she kept reading, the less sense the whole thing made. She was so done with this stupid thing. 

She was about to close the mail when a certain word stuck to her and she paused. 

Jackie 

That was her sister's name. Was that a mere co incidence or intentional? One way to find out. She started reading from where she had left off. It was after the whole two paragraph of nonsense that she finally found some sensible writings.

 

I know the previous things didn't make much sense to you because honestly I never get it too despite having read it for uncountable number of times. I heard about you from your sister Jackie Liu who just so happens to be my elder sister's bestfriend. Talk about coincidence. 

So your sister was praising you all through the conversation. Amber this. Amber that. But she also mentioned something about being a "foul mouthed ". It was her words, not mine. That is why if you see, it is between quotes to let you know it was her words. 

Since she was praising your editing skills, I thought why the hell not. I could ask you for this. 

Now, the exact reason of my rather long mail. The first two paragraphs are an extract from my grandpa's manuscript that he had written for grandma some 60 years ago(and somehow i think he was quite a lunatic when he wrote it). Now as his last dying wish, he wants to get it published. The only problem, as you might have already figured out by now, is that his work is quite incomprehensible. 

I can't for the life of God figure out what he has written and neither can any of the editors of the great publishing houses of our nation that I have visited so far.

Honestly speaking, I don't think you would be able to do it as well but your sister's constant " Amber can figure the whole deal in a month" speech got on my nerves. And hey, I thought if you could figure it out, good for me and if not, atleast I would know my grandpa was just being crazy or is either an alien who came from the outer space. Plausible explanation if you ask me.

Oh and I also heard that you never meet the clients in person. So you see, I have this bet against your sister that I would make you meet me in person. I never lose bets.

So if you are up for the challenge, you can text me in this number. Xxxxxxxx. I will let you know the time and place of meeting. I will hand over the whole manuscript to you. 

But if you are a chicken, I will understand and tell your sister that she was wrong and should just accept that "Precious Amber isn't so great afteral"

-Suho

Amber was seething by the time she had finished reading the whole mail. Without thinking, she typed in quick. 

Challenge Accepted

-Amber Liu

It was only after she had sent it that she realised with horror what a stupid mistake it was on her part. Now she had to meet this guy and being the "foul mouthed " as her sister so lovingly tagged her, would just be that.

This guy was capable of screwing up her mind with a single mail. Now she couldn't help but dread what stupid s he was capable of when they met in person.

 

 

And at the same time somewhere, Suho smiled as he checked the message before typing in.

Café House Tomorrow.

3:00 pm

-Suho

 

 

 

Author's note:

In the next chapter, Amber and Suho will meet for the first time. 

Do read and comment and subscribe.:)