Chapter 3

Unworthy of your love

"Amber Liu?" A voice was heard with an obvious questioning tone.

Amber looked away from the window to face a male, probably around her age, with a smile on his face, a heavy looking notebook in one hand. She gave a small nod.

"I am Suho" he smiled wider and took a seat across from hers.

 

 

Last night Amber hadnt been able to fall asleep properly without waking up every hour with different version of their meeting popping up in her dreams wherein all her dreams ended with her making the faceless man cry. So when morning came, she couldnt help but think for a moment if she should just cancel out the meeting and risk being called a chicken. But then she had gotten a call from her sister. 

Her sister had convinced her to meet him at the least, something about that strange manuscript being something that Amber could work with. Jackie had been strangely cryptic unlike her usual self but the constant nagging and the annoying yapping made her say that she would meet the guy and she didnt want to back out on her word if she thought carefully on it. It would kill her wonderful reputation, one that had took a rather long time to make given the foul temper she had in her personal life.

So she had tried to make an extra effort but ended up giving up on the extra dressing up. When the time to meet had arrived, she had to drag herself out the door and towards the cafe and later on inside the cafe.

Now sitting across fron the ever smiling male, she had to completely squish her urge to spout nonsense. 

"Is that the manuscript?" Amber said pointing towards the notebook that was now resting on the table.

"Yep.." Suho said with a nod of his head.

Amber moved her hand to grab the notebook but Suho was faster as his hand now lay on top of the notebook making Amber retreat her hands back with a slight almost unnoticeable twitch in (the obvious irritation). It was so slight that people would have completely ignored it but Suho had seen it so clearly. 

His eyes glinted with somewhat of an excitement or was that curiosity? 

As he watched the female across him, he couldnt help but be slighlty curious. Her face was completely blank, her eyes showing nothing, yet that twitch had made it clear to him that she wasnt as indifferent as she made herself out to be.

Last night when he had typed up that rather long mail to her, he had been having second thoughts on her ability. But his sister who had been on the phone with her friend Jackie had been babbling all the while near him about Amber dear and he had to say he was somewhat curious especially when her own sister had said Amber was somewhat of a mean girl despite the great number of recommendation on the professional front.

Suho was a musician by profession, not quite famous in his homeland but had made quite name for himself in abroad. He was more of a producer. He made music and earned money from all the copyrights. He was good at what he did. 

Among his family, he was the most emotional one and always got swayed by it. He could do amlost anything for people he loved and never gave up on them. It was exactly why he was hell bound on translating his grandfather's story and publishing it even if it took an eternity to do so. 

Everyone in his family had more or less given up the idea of publishing thinking of the manuscript as some sort of prank on the part of the old man as his final goodbye but Suho who was the most emotionally attached to his grandfather knew that the old man wasnt trying to fool them, not when he was on his death bed counting his last breaths. And besides his grandfather never subjected him to his pranks, afteral he had always been his favourite.

He was going to fulfill his old man's wish and that was exactly why he had approached Amber knowing full well of her reputation of being quite a 'monster'. 

As his eyes watched her, he could figure out a bit as to why she was called so. Her eyes that was devoid of any emotions made her seem so cold that one would think she wouldnt even flinch while slitting someone's throat to kill. There was a dark almost cold aura radiating around her that would most likely repel anyone thinking her of as someone unapproachable. 

Yet Suho was of the belief that nothing should be taken for face value and with her, it felt like there was more than what meets the eye. 

Amber's eyes were more focused on the notebook on the table, wanting to learn anything and everything about the god damned story. 

Suho pulled the notebook closer to him making Amber shift her gaze to the male who had an amused look on his face.

"Why don't we order something and discuss before i hand you over this memoir for you to work on?" Suho suggested and with the subject of her focus away from her reach, there was nothing else she could do but agree to the male.

As a waiter passed by their table, Suho stopped him to place their orders." Americano for me and for the lady.." he shifted towards her asking in silence of what she preferred.

"Hot chocolate" Amber mumbled her order, that she had her eyes set on when she had gone through the menu sometime before while waiting for the male,loud enough for the waiter to hear looking away trying not to show that the look the male was giving was bothering her. The waiter walked off with their orders.

Suho had to admit although mostly to himself that seeing the female order that was quite amusing in itself. It was a stereotype breaking moment. Usually people would generally think someone like her with that devilish arrogant would go for something like espresso as was shown in those TV dramas and movies. It was those moment that made you accept that those shows twisted some of the facts and was half the time, quite a long way from reality.

Suho leaned back against his chair, his arms folding across his chest almost lazily. "You already know why i am trying to get this one hell of an alien language to be translated into a more readable one. I know you are not an expert at linguistics but if Jackie's words are anything to go by, you are determined" His mind remembered the last conversation he had had with the female's sister.

 

She might not be the friendly kind and what she lacks in that front, she makes up for it by her strong sense of determination to tackle any difficulties in solving the most difficult of quests. Challenge her Suho and see the magic unfold.

Suho wanted to see it for himself.

He leaned forward, his arms unfolding in the process before pushing the manuscript towards the female. "You up for the challenge?"

Amber had been silent the whole time and the silence stretched a while longer until it was disturbed by the waiter placing the cup of their orders in front of them.

Her right hand moved to land atop the maunscript, the feel of the worn out notebook on the tips of her fingers and slowly pulled it closer to her. "I am always up for challenges" She said her eyes now showing off that excited glint in them which for a moment took Suho off guard. It was such a huge difference from the blank ones.

Taking a moment to compose himself, he let out a chuckle. "Good"

 

 

I am not sure how this chapter has turned out but your comments could be very helpful in knowing that. Do comment and let me know what you guys think of it so far. Its always very encouraging to know my writings are worth something..

Thank you.. ^^