Chapter 1

Unworthy of your love

Through her tears filled eyes, Suzy looked at the girl in front of her wondering how such a person could could exist. What wrong had she done to be treated with so many insults and humiliation? She had simply invited Amber(the aforementioned girl) for the party that was later that evening.Her friends had warned her, told her Amber was a cold hearted monster who knew nothing about human emotions but she had foolishly believed that her friends were being a and that there was no truth in it.

 

She had seen Amber in the neighbourhood walking alone every single time with people running away inside their houses as soon as they saw her. She had felt a sense of empathy towards the girl assuming that the way Suzy was side casted in her childhood days, Amber was being treated the same. And stupid her had believed she could be friends with Amber and bring her out of her shell and make people see that she too was human.

 

But now as she stood before the said girl, her tears flowing freely down her cheeks with no signs of stopping that she realised that no, people were not sidelining her because she was different but that they were simply running away because of her nasty attitude. 

 

It was another thing to insult her but to actually drag her parent's names into the whole insults, that was on a whole different level of iness. And what was more surprising was to see that Amber felt neither regret nor shame for subjecting her with such humiliation. It was the lack of emotion in Amber's eyes that made her question the existence of her. 

 

"I was an idiot" Suzy said in between her sobs, her voice cracking with each word she uttered with difficulty. " To think i tried to put forward my hand as a sign of friendship just to have you rip it off without a second thought.. My friends said you were a monster but i chose to not believe them and now i know.. i was wrong.. " Suzy brushed her sleeves against her eyes to wipe off the tears abd looked up at Amber as defiantly as she possibly could. "Someday you will realise how wrong you are but then it will be too late to turn back the hands of time and you will be left with nothing but regrets. You are really a monster Amber Liu"

With that being said, Suzy turned with whatever dignity she had left and walked away, her head held high.

Amber, who had been silent the whole time watched as Suzy walked away and turned a corner to disappear. 

Didnt Suzy know she was all that her friends had warned her she was? Amber was a monster with high walls around her that could never be cracked by someone innocently stupid as her. The whole neighbourhood knew insults were her whole existence. She didnt have friends and there was a perfect reason for the same. Anyone who tried to get close to her were always brought down to a whimpering mess by the end of the day. People envied her for her strength but they hated her at the same time for being unbreakable. She was the unbreakable who would break everything and everyone who came in her way. 

 

Amber turned around and walked towards her house. She was missing her home. The words of Suzy were replaying inside her head. *monster* Something had flashed in that split of a second in Amber's eyes and Suzy had failed to notice the slight twitch in her jaw but it was so small and insignificant that no one would have been able to notice. The emotions that crossed Amber's features had gone as soon as it had came and it could have been mistaken as an illusion. Afterall Amber was incapable of displaying any human emotion so it had to be an illusion and nothing else.

Amber didnt stop walking till she reached the safe confines of her bedroom. It was only then when the door had been locked and the curtains of her windows drawn that she finally let her whole body sag down on the floor.

Her right hand went up to grab her blonde locks, her fingers tightening around it as she closed her eyes shut trying to forget the whole incident but with no success. Amber let out a hollow empty laugh. Who was she kidding? The whole scenario would keep replaying inside her head till another incident took its place. 

Contrary to what people believed about Amber, she wasnt strong. The wall around her that looked so mighty and high with no cracks had in fact multiple cracks inside, away from anyone's notice. She was crumbling underneath.

She had regretted insulting Suzy from the moment she had started spewing all the nonsense without her brain registering the impact of it.But she had her reputation to uphold. She was a monster, wasnt she? So how could a monster show human emotions. 

She was far too deep in this. At first it was mere defensive action against anyone who tried to hurt her but as days had passed and years had gone by, she had walked so far deep into it that her mond could no longer recognize the difference between the right and the wrong and before she could realise, she had turned into a monster. 

And now there was no turning back. This was her one and only truth.

Amber felt her whole body trembling with regret and guilt at what she had done. Her eyes flashed with all the different emotions. If anyone could see her right now, the raw emotions emitting off her would suffocate them, that is if they dont die of shock first.

 

There was a slight knock on her door. Her whole body stilled,  she breathed in, once, twice and then she was up on her feet. She pulled her hand out of her hair before pushing the strands into a neat perfection.

She slowly moved to open the door.

" what is it Mom?" She asked at the woman in front of her, her eyes blank and devoid of any emotions. 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: 

I am so sorry if this . I just totally at writing an opening chapter. 

But do bear with me. The chapters will get better. Haha. Sorry.

Do comment and subscribe.