Changing Heart

Hwasa Over Flowers

 

"This is Miss Kim, Finance Division Head."

The familiar name goes through my ears. how i love to hear those name being spoken in front of me. I look into her eyes, those dark brown orbs that i used to stare all day. Her eyelids opened and closed blinking slowly, one of her usual habits when she tried to kick her sleepiness.

 

I chuckled unconsciously.

 

"Umh... Miss Ahn?"

 

Shocked, i straightened up my back and look to my mentor's eyes and then back to hers. Trying to stay professional in front of my new colleagues. i barely work at this place, and i don't want to get fired because of unprofessionalism.

"Ah yes, I'm Ahn Hyejin the new Accounting team member, please take care of me."

She smiled at me, her side lips dimples showing shyly. Usually i would poke those cute dimples and kiss it till she got annoyed.

"Welcome to Moon Technology Enterprise,  Miss Ahn. I hope to see your great talents soon."

She said smiling. We shook hands afterward, her grip was firm and confident. I know once again the reason why i fall for her

 

All over again

 

 

 

She's my ex

A beautiful ex whose chat history I've never deleted

She's my mistake

An awful mistake which I've never had any intention to forget

She's my nightmare

A dreadful nightmare that i wish to never end

I love her, still

But she never was

 

 

 

"Why you joined this company?"

She asked one day. Exactly after three months i worked here, at an unusual warm winter morning while drinking a cup of coffee from the instant coffee machine near my cubicle.

The wind blows caressing my face with its soft touch. Smiled a bit seeing her shiny hair which moving slowly by the said wind. Her fluffy cheeks and nose are red because of the cold.

Everything on her still feels familiar for me. I can't unsee the way she tucks her hair behind her ears showing her favorite white laced wristwatch that once she left on my room, even her light brown coat she wears now was once she wore on our first anniversary dinner. Everything just seeps into my mind secretly, suffocating my insides.

 

 

It kills me

 

 

Feeling my intense stare, she stares back but i quickly look into the scenery down the road avoiding her stare.

She sighed loudly still hold onto the railings. Her coffee is cold, long forgotten.

Moon Technology Enterprise is a big company, most of people wants to join here. It's not even a question for her to ask, except if she still remember my promise.

 

 

Our promise

 

 

"The salary is good here and I need money, that's why." I answered nonchalantly. Honestly it's indeed one of the reasons, yet she doesn't look convinced.

I sipped my almost empty cup of coffee still not looking back at her.

"So this is the infamous rooftop on Moon Tech..." i said, trying to changed the topic. Talking about my heart content is too draining. I don't want to bawling around in front of her.

It works somehow. She doesn't ask more but still looking at me. If stare can kills, maybe I'm already dead since fifteen minutes ago.

She hummed softly, eyes looking at me.

Leaning my back to the railings, i finally look back at her. "The scenery is indeed pretty up here."

 

My mind flies back, her voice, her smile, even her scent still the same. Seems like she still wears her favorite Victoria's Secret body mist today. Because she smells like vanilla. Sweet, just like the taste of her lips.

"You still like sweet scents, don't you?" I asked, and comes to realization a few seconds after.

 

 

I shouldn't have asked that

 

 

With a knowing look, she smiled.

 

“You still remember?”

 

I crumpled my empty paper cup not answering her question

 

 

I smiled bitterly.

 

 

No one can expect

Everything gone so fast in front of us

Meeting, parting, and then meeting again

I let her go that day

And i still can't forget

The big smile on her lips

When she showed me a couple pictures

Of her and her new lover

 

***

 

"At least, ask me out for lunch at those cafe across the street."

I laughed dryly at her request.

"Sorry, it's been hectic at work. You know, the peak for being an accountant." I smiled, wiggling my eyebrows asking for her forgiveness but she pouted instead.

"Hyejinie..."

She whispered my name, i hummed playfully her.

"Do you love your new workplace so much...?"

 

 

I stop walking to look at her

 

 

"Do you..." Exhaled harshly, she shook her head. "never mind."

 

She grabbed my hand drag me to continue walking.

 

I can't help to smile seeing her antics. She's such a cutie sometimes.

 

I want to answer her unfinished question. How can i not, when she asked this over and over through the years. Being emotionally unstable, usually i tried to avoid these question. But it feels different lately.

 

"It's been so long, and i have to move on." I said calmly, hoping that my voice doesn't betray my uncertainty. Thankfully it does.

 

I don't know it's just my mind playing tricks on me or she's indeed smiling?

 

Checking my wristwatch, i become uneasy. It's nearly midnight in half an hour yet we still couldn't found a place to sit. However she keeps her positive spirit by dragged me whilst laughing nonstop. She said my worried face is endearing, and i laughed along with her ridiculous remark.

We keep walking, to finally found an empty bench quite far from the crowd. Without much thoughts, we sat there.

"Huaahhh... Finally!" She exclaimed excitedly. The dimple on her right cheek showing and i can't help to poke it with my finger.

Taken aback, she grabbed my hand and move it from her face. "Ah I'm sorry. Quite carried away here." I looked down, embarrassed.

 

 

I let out a small gasp when she kissed my palm and it with her thumb

 

 

"It's okay, no need to be sorry." She smiled softly intently looking at me.

Her stare is so intense makes my breath hitched

And for once since years of heart-wrenching silence

 

 

 

My heart skipped a beat

 

 

 

It's just last a few minutes till the fireworks finally began to waft out its majestic color.

She abruptly let go of my hand, eyes opened wide, so wide till i wonder if it could broke her eyelids and let out an audible gasp mesmerized by the beautiful sparks that filling the night sky above.

 

 

I stole a glance at her.

 

 

Her side profile is so distinctive. Her sharp jaw and pointed nose make its way to create a beautiful feature. The smile blossomed on her face made a deep dimple showing. I couldn't risk to poke it again for it would embarrassing myself.

 

I didn't know since when our eyes met

I didn't know since when our hands intertwined

I didn't know since when she had this longing stare towards me

I didn't know everything

 

 

Till i feel her lips on mine

 

 

This fluttering feelings inside me

The sparks that waft through my chest

Everything feels foreign yet familiar

 

She broke the kiss when i don't even register the crazy wave inside my head.

 

I don't know how flushed my face is. What i know is this giddy heart make the strong urge to kiss her back.

 

I look straight into her eyes and leaned timidly, aiming for her plump lips.

Noticed my gesture, she opens slightly.

Our lips clashed with a soft flops, and then escalated to a messy tongue war.

My heart beating like crazy, my head spinning and my chest felt very warm despite of this cold winter night. Lucky for us the fireworks still blaring wildly for our moans would be heard by everyone in the park.

 

We broke the kiss when breath slowly leaving us.

Our eyes met once again, she looked down flustered.

 

What a cute sight to see her usually composed self becomes like this. She bite her lips trying to hold her embarrassment. Take the initiative, i cupped her cheeks with my palm made her look back at me.

 

I kissed her once again, slowly this time.

 

"Happy new year, Jung Wheein." I said in between our kisses

She broke the kiss hastily and said "You stay the night." then dragged me out of this park and shove me into my car.

I chuckled knowingly and drove the night with contented heart for once in years.

 

 

For once i realized that everything would changed. It's not anyone to blame, neither does circumstances. Heart can changed, so do mine. It's just the matter of time all along.

 

 

Heartache was made to strengthen the heart

My heart was broken

It's just the matter of time, till it finally back to its usual form

But now my heart is back

My heart is changed

And I'm not afraid anymore

 

Hello everyone! finally an update after weeks of absent! it's been really packed lately. I'm currently at my last year of university and my thesis is killed me. I need some distraction and i knew writing is the one. so, how is it? Hope you guys like it, because that's what i treasure the most right now. English is not my first language so pardon me if there's so much mistake in it. maybe you can point it out? because i want to improve my writing skill.

well, before i write to long, i want to say thank you for all the subscribers and the upvoters! it really means a lot t me. Also, comments is much welcomed!

once again, thank you so much! till the next update! have a good day everyone~ :D