Best Friends

Hwasa Over Flowers

Today is not really cold, soft breeze caressing my face with its tenderness, sun shine brightly with a bit cloud dispersed, just perfect for going outside enjoying the beautiful scenery served by some aesthetic brown-reddish leaves on the ground. The nice cold smell wafted through the air which greets my nose made me smile a little.

It's been quite long since i have a free time like this. Going out, wandering arround without knowing where or what to do, not worrying about work, no urgent phone calls and all of those .



I looked into my wristwatch, it's eleven thirty.


Where is she?



Wheein already late for half an hour. What took her so long?




Probably her cat made a fuss again.





Having a pet home can be a blessing but also a nightmare when it causing you so much trouble like hers do. Somehow I'm thankful that i have some allergic over furs, so i don't have any reason to raised one.

Actually it doesn't important right now. What important is, I'm quite worried about her. Should i pick her up instead? But how if she already on her way here?

I sighed a bit too loud till a woman who sat on a bench nearby looks at me, confused.

"Hey, why you stand there? Come here!" She called me with a friendly manner while patted unoccupied space on a bench she's sitting at, invited me to sit beside her.

I look at her, she wears a white turtleneck t-shirt with a denim jacket overlays. Her long dark brown hair swept through her shoulder shyly. Her smile is so wide, made me can't help to smile back.



Such a pretty woman do exist.



"Ahh it's okay, I'm fine." I rejected politely.



Not trying to be rude, but I'm not in the mood for socializing with a stranger right now. Fortunately she doesn't ask again afterwards.



After five minutes or so, another woman comes. A long black coat paired with an ed denim shirt and white t-shirt underneath really looks stunning on her. I stared at her intently without even knowing. Those silver hair made her looks even more ethereal.


She walks to the woman who talked to me earlier. Seems like they know each other?


I want to dart my attention to the falling leaves underneath the big tree i stand under, until they stole my attention when the silver haired pulled the other woman into a very tight hug and kiss her passionately on the lips.


I choked on my own breath and coughed awfully loud. They parted their kiss abruptly, surprised by the commotion i made.


They look at me apologetically. The silver haired woman's face look extremely red. I bet her face practically boiling hot in embarrassment...




... Or anger because i interrupted their moment?




"Umh, we are very sorry if we made you uncomfortable..." the brown haired woman said bashfully.



"Oh no! it's not that. You guys, um... just looks cute together..." i responded randomly, mentally smacked my head for those unbelievably stupid answer.



Seriously, my face is also red right now because of them. But I'm not lying when i said they looks cute together. Because, they're indeed, cute.



And i envy them for sure.




"Hope your relationship can be this sweet forever...." I continued not really sure with what I'm saying.



I cleared my throat.



They looked at me awkwardly, said another apologies and excuse themself.





After those embarrassing encounter, I still stand on the same place, waiting for Wheein under the big oak tree with brown leaves which ready to fall joining its folks beneath my feet, staring blankly to nowhere in particular.

My mind goes wild. Saw those women easily expressing their love to each other really makes me wonder how nice it must be to have someone you love by your side, freely giving so much affections toward each other...



Never mind.




Anyway, the sky looks clearer now. I checked my wristwatch for an umpteenth time out of boredom. It's ten minutes to twelve, yet wheein still nowhere to be found.



Actually It's her idea. Hanging out, i mean. She asked me last week. She practically begged me to have this walk with her. But yeah... Jung Wheein being her sweet self, i can't say no to her.




"Aaahhhnnnn Hyeeeejiiiiinnnnn!!!"

I heard someone called out my name. It's quite far away but she already called out my name. Running her out through the side walk to where i am, till finally jumped onto my embrace.




Speak of the devil





I chuckled and hug her back tightly. This bubbly traits of hers is my favorite.




I hastily let go of her. "Where were you?" And playfully mad at her.

She pouted cutely and cup my face instead. "Aww big baby Hyejinie, I'm sorry... You know cats can be demanding at times."

I stared to her eyes, no, I'm not mad at her for real. Of course, what kind of human being can mad over Jung Wheein?

"What are you waiting for? C'mon! Let's eat first, I'm starving!"

I grab her arm stopped her from walking. She stared at me blankly.


I gulp my lump down.



"Wheein-ah..."



"Yes?" She answered smiling.


"I... uhm..."



Nothing comes out from my mouth. I'm a stuttering mess.




She chucked and holds my hand softly




"What is it Ahn Hyejin? You know you can tell me everything, right?"




Without second thoughts, i cupped her face and kissed her cheek a bit too long.







"I love you..."







Her eyes widened. I noticed there's some unspeakable confusion in there, but she kick it off with a toothy smile and kiss me back on the cheek.


"Heeyy you know that i love you too, right?" She answered quickly.






I smiled




"Yeah... Of couse i do."






She laughed heartily




I laughed along with her.




"C'mon, Ahn Hyejin! Let's gooo!" She whined cutely made me chuckle.





It's such a blessing for having her here, dragging me out from a stressful life to enjoy the true meaning of life itself.

She's always be the source of happiness for me.

My happy virus, my sweet candy, my little star,


My best friend...





She knows everything about me.


So do i.


But there's one think she never knows



Or maybe she already knew






That our love went on different way.