Here Come The Regrets

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14:00 PM KST

 

[NATE] SME AND YGE STILL MAINTAINING SILENCE REGARDING LEE DONGHAE AND PARK SANDARA DATING RUMOURS

 

[+1,287, -512] It must be true if both companies are keeping mum about this. But the two of them have insanely good looks. Their babies would look pretty and handsome!

 

[+1,032, -315] YG usually is quick to deny dating rumours! Remember the rumour about Teddy and Jennie a couple days ago? YG even threatened to sue.

 

[+967, 17] Just waiting for this issue to blow over! Who cares about them dating anyway? They’re both adults and frankly, they’re not getting younger!

 

[+888, -92] If this was back in the day, fansites would be threatening to leave their idols and agencies would be up in their ears with pacifying this rumour.

 

[+714, -67] Why are SM and YG doing nothing?! YG should be threatening to sue by now! They were planning to take legal action on the Teddy and Jennie scandal two days ago!

 

***

15:30 PM

 

SM Entertainment broke the silence first. A representative had spoken in behalf of Donghae, saying that the pictures were exactly just that. Just pictures.

 

According to new articles, the representative said, “Sandara Park and Lee Donghae have been close friends since their pre-debut days. They often visit each other when their schedules are free. They have a tight noona-dongsaeng relationship. They are not dating.”

 

***

15: 46 PM

 

“THAT LIAR.” Durami seethed, pounding a hand on the table angrily as she threw her phone on the floor.

 

“Stop raising your voice. You’re making my head hurt.”

 

“NOONA-DONGSAENG RELATIONSHIP MY --”

 

“Durami, use your indoor voice please. It’s really making my head hurt.”

 

“The nerve of him to just reduce your relationship to just…”

 

“Close friends? The article is right, though. Technically, we are close friends.”

 

“How can you be so calm about this? They have no business taking photos of your private lives! And where is Donghae-oppa? He said he is coming over!”

 

“Would you please just tone your voice down for a bit? I’m trying to think here.”

 

“What is there to think about? You have to do something about this. Call your company! You’ve been with YG for so long. For all the promotions you do for them, the least they could do is actually help you out here.”

 

“It’s not that easy, you know that.”

 

“That’s bull, unnie. Give me the phone. I’ll call your company myself.” Durami said angrily, snatching my phone from the table.

 

“Durami!”

 

“Well, speak of the devil. One incoming call for you. It’s YG.”

***

 

16:00 PM

 

[PANN] YG ENTERTAINMENT SAYS THEY ARE CHECKING WITH SANDARA PARK REGARDING THE MATTER

 

[+1,775, -12] Heol...A picture paints a thousand words and they have lots of them. They’re dating. Why aren’t they just confirming the obvious?

 

[+1,354, -76] Am I the only one who knows that when YG shuts down dating rumours right when they’re catching fire, it means there’s nothing to that supposed dating scandal? Does this mean Dara and Donghae are dating since YG can’t give a definite answer?

 

[+777, -38] First Jennie and Teddy and now Sandara? What is up with the dating lives of YG people? I guess they love being caught up in these kinds of scandals.

 

[+487, -101] Great. Why are people so invested in idols’ dating news? We’ve got news of dirty old men preying on hopeful young starlets but here we all are still focusing intently on the love life of two mature adults?

 

[+121, -65] Two scandals in less than three days. This is crazy. SM already went with a flat out denial. YG is not going with SM’s plan. Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if Sandara confirms the relationship?

 

***

“I don’t want to comment on it.” I said, standing up and locking myself inside the bathroom so Durami couldn’t eavesdrop. “I understand that. I already know what their side said, sajangnim.”

 

“How exactly are you okay with this? Sandara, this will not blow over. We have a lot of stuff on our plate as it is--”

 

Well, I am not just a stuff. And I’m pretty sure you only have Jennie and Teddy on your plate, you pompous , I wanted to say but I had controlled myself. “I know you have things to worry about. That’s why I don’t want to comment on it.”

 

“You understand that not commenting will only make us look like cowards, right?”

 

“Cowards or not, this is my life and when I say I don’t want to comment on it, I mean it. If you’ll excuse me, sajangnim, I have a headache so I’m going to catch on some sleep right now. Have a good night.”

 

***

 

“Who in hell told everyone to make that statement to the media?” Hae stormed as he banged the door of the office door close. “I did not say anything about the issue!”

 

“Would you please sit down, Donghae?”

 

“Hyung! They cannot just do anything behind my back! They should have consulted me first and asked me what I want to do about the circulating news.”

 

“Donghae, sit down!”

 

“I need to clear everything--”

 

“You will not, Donghae.”

 

“Teuk-hyung! You know I’ve been very careful about all of this...if they could just listen to me…”

 

“SM is trying their best to let the issue subside. They’re doing some damage control.”

 

“This is unfair.”

 

“I know it’s not fair. And I would fight for you but what they’re doing is the best course of action right now.”

 

“They released so many pictures. Only an idiot would believe that we are just friends.”

 

“But aren’t you two...just friends?”

 

“Hyung, it’s more complicated than that.”

 

“After years of dating, you two ended your relationship in good terms. You are very close friends. Did SM lie? No, they did not. They simply made a statement. And I know you think it’s unfair that I’m letting them do this. But you should know if you go out and tell the media you’re broken up, the issue will not blow over. Sandara will receive the shorter end of the stick and you know she will. The media culture always make things harder for women. And you don’t want that. Let this slide and allow your agency to do their job.”

 

“Can I at least see her? I told her I would come over.”

 

Leeteuk only sighed, shook his head, and patted Hae’s shoulder. “No.”

 

“Hyung? You don’t like her much, do you?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Sandara.”

 

“I do like her.”

 

“I know you say that but I know you. You would’ve told me to go run straight to her already if you did.”

 

“It’s not that I don’t like her. I don’t like what she did to you.”

 

“I was the one who broke up with her, hyung.”

 

“I know that. But I also know you. You wouldn’t let go of her. Ever since before, you knew she was your world and you would have done everything for her to stay but you let go. She must’ve done something really bad for you to let go of her just that easily. So yes, I know that you broke up with her. But in turn, she broke you. I could see that even if you can’t. And Hae, I like her for you. I just don’t like what she’s done to you. Now, before we act like wee babies here, let’s go to the practice room. We’ve got a comeback to work on, okay?”

 

***

 

17:00 PM

 

[NAVER] YG ENTERTAINMENT RESPONDS TO PARK-LEE’S ALLEGED RELATIONSHIP: WE BELIEVE IN OUR ARTISTS’ PRIVACY

 

[+2,321 , -510] Since when did YG care about its artists? LOL GD, definitely. CL, most likely. But Sandara? Poor thing is always promoting his artists but YG never cared to promote hers.

 

[+1,742 , -347] Privacy, they say? The moment she agreed to join the entertainment industry, she lost her privacy…

 

[+1,503 , -221] So, it must be true? She’s keeping quiet and there’s a saying that goes, “silence means yes.” So, she’s basically saying the pictures speak louder than what SM did by denying the relationship, right? I mean she knows what’s going on in those photos, so…

 

[+917 , -489] But didn’t SM deny their relationship? One side denies and another agrees. I feel bad for Sandara. She’s the only one in this who spoke up by not speaking out.

 

***

“What are you doing?”

 

“Checking my messages. Why, hyung?”

 

“We made rules for a reason, Hae.”

 

“Chul-hyung, not you too. They’ve already told me their sentiments about what’s happening outside and I’m not about to listen to what you have to say.”

 

“You will. You value my opinion. And you might actually want to listen to what I have to say.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Because I’m your best friend. It’s your moral obligation to do so. And besides, who knows the media better than all your other hyungs combined?”

 

“You.”

 

“Exactly. Me. Now, I want you to be honest with me. Did you or did you not have a hand on leaking these circulating photos to the media?”

 

“What?! No, hyung! How could you even possibly think I could do such thing?”

 

“Just crossed my mind. After all, you always were the type to do anything to have your girl. Figured that perhaps, you would’ve contacted these paparazzis yourself.”

 

“Hyung!” Hae said, raising his voice. They were having a quick break from practice and the other members were sitting and downing some water.

 

“What’s going on over there?” they asked.

 

“Just making sure Donghae wasn’t actually the one who gave the paps the photos everyone is talking about.”

 

“Hyung!” Hae complained, running his fingers through his hair. “Let’s start practicing.”

 

“Well, did he? I bet he did!” Hyuk asked jokingly and soon after, the others joined him. They were bickering, throwing mischievous jabs and jokes at him but it was very obvious that Hae wasn’t in the mood to entertain them. They weren’t getting it at first until Heechul shook his head and put a hand on Hae’s shoulder.

 

“We’re already trying to figure out who approved the release of the photos. And yes, we. Not SM. But us. We’re going to get into the bottom of this. So, hang in there, Fishy. This, too, shall pass.”

 

***

 

[NATE] SANDARA PARK AND LEE DONGHAE SPOTTED TOGETHER IN HARU&ONEDAY MULTIPLE TIMES

 

[+3,495 , - 599] What is this??? Isn’t this too public of a place to date??? His fans are probably camping there all the time and this is where they have dates??? Isn’t that weird, don’t you think?

 

[+3,117 , -901] Menboong~ THIS IS JUST CRAZY. They weren’t even making their relationship private at all. Why would anyone date so openly like that? Aren’t they supposed to maintain their public image?

 

[+3,096 , -415] Sandara Park’s been looking for a boyfriend for the longest time. Lee Donghae’s a good catch. He’s part of GOD SUJU and he has a clean image. They suit well together!!! HAPPY FOR THEM!!!!

 

[+2,917 , -236] This looks like some kind of fanfic! These two are friends!!! They went public with their friendship that time they were promoting in 2013...or was that 2014? It’s normal for friends to meet up! Even Luna met up with Donghae in Haru&OneDay last time! I was there and they were having a friendly meeting~

 

[+1,113 , -71] PHOTOSHOP!!!!!! IS THIS JOURNALIST TROLLING US?????

 

[+186 , -94] Sandara Park also visited G-Dragon’s coffee shop in Jeju before! She even ate with GD’s manager! Why was there no dating scandal then?????

 

[+11 , -2,219] Isn’t Super Junior preparing for a comeback? Are they using Lee Donghae for noise marketing because no one cares about SJ anymore???? How desperate are they for attention?? ANYWAY, STREAM BTS VIDEOS JUSEYO~


 

[NAVER] OLD CLIPS OF SANDARA PARK ATTENDING SUPER JUNIOR’S 100th CONCERT AS LEE DONGHAE’S ONLY INVITED GUEST RESURFACE


 

[+11,012 , -667] LOOK AT HIS SMILE AFTER HE SAID HER NAME!!!! HE SOUNDED SO HAPPY THAT SHE CAME! HE EVEN ASKED IF IT WAS OKAY TO TELL ELFS WHO HE INVITED TO THE CONCERT!!! I WISH MY BOYFRIEND WOULD DO THAT FOR ME TOO!!!

 

[+9,872 , -111] I heard this was right after 2NE1’s concert in China too. Sandara drove straight to the concert venue from the airport to see him! She could’ve gone to rest or attend Rita Ora’s concert where her baby Chaerin was performing but SHE CHOSE LEE DONGHAE! If that’s not love, I don’t know what to call it!!

 

[+2,325 , -82] Remember when Lee Donghae came to watch BigBang’s concert and sat in the YG artists’ area? I was at the concert and I thought it was random too but I guess Sandara might’ve invited him. I saw him leave in the middle of the concert. Pretty sure he didn’t come for Big Bang then.

 

[+333, -42] Isn’t she always like that though? She attends concerts or plays of her friends? Come on, this isn’t something special! LOL

 

[+932 , -1] I once saw Lee Donghae in the Starbucks near Sandara’s apartment complex! I’m his fan and I wondered what he was doing in the area since he doesn’t even live there. He was probably going to visit her...Apparently Sandara’s dongsaeng goes to the same gym as him too!

 

[NATE] CLIPS OF LEE DONGHAE SAYING HE WANTS TO MARRY AFTER ENLISTMENT ARE GOING VIRAL ON NEWS PORTAL SITES

 

[+1,257 , -312] So he already had plans to propose to her~ But where is he now? Why is he keeping his silence in the midst of all this? At least Sandara Park said she didn’t want to comment on the issue..

 

[+516 , -7] The media always messes everything up! Remember UEE and Kangnam??? Why do they always get ahead of themselves and ruin people’s love lives?!

 

[+111 , -24] He wanted her from the get go! Look at how sure he was when he was talking about having kids! He didn’t even have to think about how to answer the question. The answer just slipped from his lips. Even Hyukjae tried to stop him.

 

***

19:00 PM

 

He didn’t come.

 

He said he would but he didn’t. It was understandable, though. Given the circumstances, we shouldn’t be seen together. Being seen together would just add more fuel to the fire and I didn’t want that.

 

And besides, why on earth should we even meet up when there really is nothing to talk about? Yes, our privacy was violated but isn’t the news too late? We weren’t even together anymore so technically, I shouldn’t even be worrying about all sorts of things.

 

But oddly so, it can’t be helped.

 

After more than a decade of being careful about my private life, everything just crumbled in front of me and I literally had no one to hold me steady and tell me the storm can’t be angry at me forever. I needed steady hands--the ones that he has--to calm my frazzled nerves and squeeze my fingers to say I wasn’t alone while all of this was happening.

 

But still, he didn’t come.

 

And I was sitting all alone, tapping my fingers on the floor and failing to coax even just one of my cats to come wallow with me in misery. “So this is how it’s going to be, huh? I feed you with the finest cat food and this is how all of you repay me? Not even one of you would just come to me and wrap your furry little body to provide me with the comfort of a kitty hug? You kitties are monsters.”

 

“Unnie, check the latest news. The media is doing the dirty and the nasty to you and oppa. They’re the real monsters. Not our cats.”

 

***

 

20:00 PM

 

INDUSTRY INSIDERS: SANDARA PARK AND LEE DONGHAE BROKE UP DUE TO IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES. SAID DIFFERENCES ARE BEYOND RESOLUTION.

 

[+11,212 , -3,467] WHAT IS THIS SORCERY???? Just as quickly as they were rumoured to be dating, this surfaces. What is up with all these news??? I will bet my life that at least one of these articles appearing in portals is fake news!

 

[+10,677 , -122] Is it just me or did everyone realize that neither Sandara or Donghae has spoken about the matter at all??? I think all these so-called scoops are just mere speculations...I mean, even the two involved aren’t saying anything about this dating scandal.

 

[+6,783 , -894] Wow. First they reported they’re dating. Now that the agencies aren’t doing anything to confirm their allegations, they’re saying the two broke up. HAHA These journalists continue to disgust me. Leave the two alone to date.

 

[+3,145 , -915] Oh, so they’ve broken up? Isn’t Sandara dating this particular businessman? There was a rumour that the man is the son of this very rich CEO. Well, I guess she went for the one with the deeper pockets, eh?


 

SM APOLOGIZES FOR EARLIER STATEMENT: “WE HAVE YET TO GET A HOLD OF LEE DONGHAE WHO IS BUSY PREPARING FOR SUPER JUNIOR’S COMEBACK.”

 

[+5, 710 , +719] WTF is SM trolling us???? They denied the allegations and now they’re taking back that denial. They must really be dating! This is crazy!

 

[+4,918 , -910] And yet, here we are, still waiting for Lee Donghae and Sandara Park’s statements...

 

[+3,591 , -417] It’s unfortunate how two adults of ripe age are being condemned over the possibility of them dating. It’s sad that people are dehumanizing these celebrities. They’ve contributed enough to the Hallyu Wave…it’s time for them to happily live their lives and yes, that includes them having the freedom to love.

 

***

 

20:30 PM Dara’s Place

 

From: Donghae

 

I’m sorry I couldn’t come. I was advised not to.

 

To: Donghae

 

I understand.

 

From: Donghae

 

I could still come over if you want.

 

To: Donghae

 

It’s fine, really.

 

From: Donghae

 

Can I call you at least?

 

To: Donghae

 

There’s no need to call. You must be tired. I know you’re busy with comeback preparations. You should sleep.

 

From: Donghae

 

Can’t.

 

To: Donghae

 

Why? Is there something wrong?

 

From: Donghae

 

Everything is. Nothing’s wrong. Can’t sleep. Still not home.

 

To: Donghae

 

Oh. Be safe on your way home then.

 

From: Donghae

 

Yeah, thanks. Good night.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter