1.

Marry Me. (Meanie)

Third Person's P.O.V. 

Age 18

Mingyu raced over to Wonwoo's house as fast as his car could go. 

He made sure to stop and get Wonwoo's favorite ice cream and movies on his way. 

His best friend, since elementary school, just got dumped. And Mingyu is extrememly pissed about it because Wonwoo is amazing and anyone would be lucky to have him. But a part of Mingyu is happy because the guy wasn't worth Wonwoo's time. 

Well to him, no one is worth Wonwoo's time. 

He pulled up in Wonwoo's driveway and got out, grabbing the grocery bag, and ran up the steps to the front door. He knocked three times, standing back to wait on his poor friend. 

Mingyu then heard a sound he never wants to hear. 

He heard broken sobs, and a faint "Coming.", as his best friend opened the door, looking like a complete mess. 

A cute mess in Mingyu's opinion. 

"Wonwoo." 

He opened his arms and Wonwoo grabbed ahold of him, sobbing into Mingyu's chest. Mingyu wrapped his long arms around him and started rubbing his back, walking them inside. 

"Want to go upstairs and talk?" 

Wonwoo nodded, pulling away and closing the door. 

They walked up to Wonwoo's room, walking in and sitting on the neatly made bed. Wonwoo's room was always neat and Mingyu loved it.

Wonwoo sat on the bed, Mingyu following his actions, setting the grocery bag beside them. He turned to Wonwoo, taking his hands gently in his and softly looking into his eyes. "Tell me what happen." Wonwoo frowned. "He told me he was just trying to get into my pants because I'm hot and when I wouldn't let him, he had enough and yelled at me some some. He said that he never liked me for my personalitly and that I have a cold heart and no one will ever love a dark person like me. And that all I am is boring and all guys will ever want to is, as he put it, "hit it and quit it" and then he hung up on me. I just never ever want to see him again." 

Mingyu felt his blood boil. 

How could anyone say those things to Wonwoo and hurt him like this? 

Hurt his Wonwoo? 

He really wanted to kick this guys . 

"Well let me tell you something, he's wrong. About everything. You are the most amazing person in the world and I love everything about you! Even your personalitly! I love your dark humour and all! You're not boring at all Wonwoo, you are amazingly perfect the way you are and that guy is a for not realizing that." 

Wonwoo looked up at Mingyu, smiling slightly. "You really mean that?" 

Mingyu nodded. "Yes and it to be him now because he just lost the greatest person in the world." 

Wonwoo's smile widen. 

Mingyu loves being the reason for those big smiles. 

He loves being the reason for a lot of things that make Wonwoo happy. 

Mingyu would never admit it but he has the biggest crush on Wonwoo ever since they became friends. His feelings just grew with each year. And now Mingyu has to deal with every boyfriend Wonwoo gets because he's too afraid to admit the truth. But he will admit he hates all those guys. 

Wonwoo's eyes glanced down at the grocery bag beside them, confusion crossing his face. "What's that?" 

Mingyu smiled wide, shrugging casually. "You know, just your favorite ice cream and movies. 

Wonwoo's eyes lit up, smiling wide at Mingyu. 

Mingyu swears his heart just fluttered by the sight. 

"Oh Mingyu, you always know how to cheer me up. Let me go get two spoons for the both of us while you start the movie." Mingyu smiled and nodded as Wonwoo got up and made his way out of the room. 

Mingyu got up and set the movie up, laying back on Wonwoo's bed and getting comfortable, knowing Wonwoo will want to cuddle. 

They always cuddle when they are together. 

Wonwoo walked back into the room, jumping on the bed and snuggling up next to Mingyu with the ice cream in his lap. Mingyu looked down at him and smiled. "Comfortable?" Wonwoo nodded and Mingyu pushed play on the remote. 

They started eating the ice cream, Mingyu making sure to feed Wonwoo more than often, causing soft giggles to leave the boys mouth. 

Half way through the movie, Wonwoo let out a sigh. 

Mingyu frowned, running his fingers through Wonwoo's hair softly. "What's up?" 

"Just thinking." 

"About?" 

"How I wish I could find someone like you, who actually understands me and doesn't judge me by how I am. If I'm going to be honest with you, if we weren't such good friends then I would date you." Mingyu's heart skipped a beat but frowned slightly. 

He just got friendzoned. 

Like always. 

Mingyu paused the movie, raising up. Wonwoo followed his actions, looking at him confused. He sat the ice cream aside and turned towards Wonwoo, taking both his hands in his again. 

Mingyu intertwined their fingers and gave Wonwoo's hands a small squeeze. 

"How about we make a promise?" 

Wonwoo looked at their hands and then at Mingyu, nodding his head. "Sure, what kind of promise?" 

"When me and you both turn twenty five, if we are both single and not in any committed relationship, then we will get married."

Wonwoo's eyes widen. 

"You'd marry me? At such a young age? Are you sure you're thinking properly right now?" 

Mingyu nodded. "I would marry you if it meant I could spend the rest of my life with you." 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes, cheeks heating up slightly. "It sounds like you are confessing to me." 

Mingyu wanted to say he was but instead, he shook his head, smiling. 

"What do you say? Promise to marry each other by twenty five if we are both single?" Wonwoo thought for a moment. "You do realize you will be stuck with me forever right?" Mingyu chuckled and nodded. "That's the point, so what do you say?" Wonwoo smiled. "Yes, I promise to marry you." Mingyu held up his pinky finger. "Pinky promise?" 

"You are so childish Mingyu! But yes, pinky promise." 

Wonwoo interlocked their pinkies and they smiled at each other. 

Mingyu knew from that moment forward that he was going to have to make sure that promise happened. 

 

~~~~~~

 

Age 20

Mingyu frowned as Wonwoo talked about his date tonight and how nervous he is. Wonwoo recently started dating the college football teams quarterback, Seungcheol, also known around camput as S.Coups.

Mingyu ended up being very lucky with getting Wonwoo as his college roommate. Whats lucky about it is that they get to cuddle everynight which Mingyu isn't complaining about. 

Tonight, is one of their special nights where they climb into Mingyu's bed and watch a movie, fighting over popcorn and covers. An excuse just to bring Wonwoo closer to Mingyu, which will lead to Wonwoo laying on Mingyu's chest. 

But tonight, Wonwoo is breaking tradition. 

And it . 

Mingyu doesn't know how it started or why but S. Coups all of a sudden started flirting with Wonwoo.

Mingyu thinks they aren't made for each other. 

But anyways, S.Coups all of a sudden asked him out and they have officially been dating for three weeks. And now all of a sudden S.Coups decides to take him out on their first date. Which is not a good boyfriend in Mingyu's opinion because if he were dating Wonwoo, he would take him out every night. 

That is, if he was dating Wonwoo. But he's not. 

Mingyu hasn't forgotten their promise they made to each other and only five more years of waiting if Wonwoo doesn't stick with S. Coups. 

Mingyu's eyes widen suddenly, his chest hurting slightly at the thought of Wonwoo sticking with S.Coups. 

What if Wonwoo does stick with S.Coups? 

Then no more movie nights. 

No more cuddling. 

No more meeting up for lunch. 

No more laying in Wonwoo's lap while Wonwoo reads and runs his fingers through Mingyu's hair to help him sleep. 

No more anything. 

Then Mingyu will never get a chance to show Wonwoo how he really feels. 

Then he'll have to watch them get married. 

His Wonwoo marrying someone else. 

Oh no not to-

"Kim Mingyu!" 

Mingyu snapped out of thought, looking over to Wonwoo. "Yes?" 

"You aren't paying attention to me and you know I hate when you do that." Wonwoo pouted slightly, walking back over to the mirror. It wouldn't take Mingyu a second thought to go over there and kiss him. 

If only he was brave enough too. 

"I'm sorry, you have my full attention now. What were you saying?" 

"I was asking if this looked okay for a first date. I'm really nervous and I need your opinion." Mingyu stood up, smiling and walking over to Wonwoo, back hugging him. Wonwoo smiled at him through the reflection of the mirror. 

"You always look good, in anything you wear." 

"You're sweet Mingyu but there are some things S.Coups told me not to wear because he doesn't like them on me." 

Mingyu's smile faltered and he let Wonwoo go. 

Not a good boyfriend like he said before. 

"I wouldn't take fashion advice from a guy who wears odd colors together that don't match." Mingyu watched Wonwoo roll his eyes. "This is coming from the guy that wears mismatched socks." 

Mingyu pouted. "I thought you liked my mismatched socks." 

Wonwoo giggled, walking over to Mingyu and pecking him on the cheek. "You know I do so don't pout and help me." 

Mingyu smiled, watching Wonwoo walk back over to his closet. He was so lost in starring at Wonwoo that he almost didn't hear his phone ringing. 

He sighed and grabbed it, seeing it was Jeonghan. He turned away from Wonwoo and answered it. 

"Hello, what's up?" 

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up? I'm so mad and emotional and I need to vent to someone at the moment about it and since you're my friend, you need to listen to me.

Mingyu rolled his eyes slightly, smiling at his demanding friend. 

"Fine, text me where and I'll be there." 

"Thanks pal! Love you!

Jeonghan hung up and Mingyu put his phone up, turning to Wonwoo who was looking at him with sharp eyes. "Have a date as well?" Mingyu laughed, shaking his head. 

"No, Jeonghan needs me so he can vent to me. And he said since I'm his friend, I should listen." Wonwoo pouted slightly. "But you're my best friend and I need you more than he does. I'm sure of it." 

Mingyu laughed, walking up to Wonwoo and holding his face. "Listen to me, I promise you that you look amazing in anything you wear. Don't listen to what that head has to say. And if you need me, call or text me." Wonwoo smiled and nodded. "Thank you." Mingyu smiled and kissed Wonwoo's nose before turning and leaving. 

Not knowing that little kiss made Wonwoo's heart flutter more than it should of. 

 

*At the diner* 

 

Mingyu showed up and saw Jeonghan sitting at a booth already. 

He slid into the seat across from him and let out a sigh. "What's up? Who made you upset today?" 

Jeonghan frowned. "This stupid boy! He tells me he wants me and that he really wants to be with me but then I talk to one guy asking for homework and he thinks I'm cheating even though we aren't together! And guess what he does?" 

"What does he do?" 

"Goes off and asks some boy out that he doesn't even know just to try and make me jealous! I don't understand this man at all! And now he's off bragging to me how he's taking this boy out tonight for a special dinner." 

Mingyu frowned. 

"What's this guys name?" 

Jeonghan sighed. "You probably already know him, the quarterback, S.Coups." 

Mingyu's heart stopped. 

He is using Wonwoo. 

"Oh my god Jeonghan! That's the guy who is taking Wonwoo out tonight!" 

Jeonghan looked at him confused. "Wait, you mean the guy you like?" Mingyu sighed and nodded. "Yeah, S.Coups is taking him out. Which I never approved of and I don't know what to do now because I don't want my baby to get more hurt by staying with S.Coups." 

Jeonghan thought for a moment. 

"Did Wonwoo tell you where they were going?" 

Mingyu nodded. 

"Alright so you just head home and I'll just show up and be overdramatic and call S.Coups out and Wonwoo can see him for who he really is. No big deal!" Mingyu frowmed. "Jeonghan that's too much." 

He sighed. "Maybe." 

He smirked suddenly. "I have an idea." "Oh god what?" 

"Let me send a photo of you to S.Coups, no face showing, just neck and down. And I'll tell him I'm not jealous because I'm having more fun with someone better and then he'll forsure show his true colors to Wonwoo. Perfect!" Mingyu frowned. "Wouldn't that hurt Wonwoo though?" 

"Not if he's coming back to cuddle with you. Look, it's no big deal and it'll help you get closer to Wonwoo." 

Mingyu thought for a moment. 

"You aren't just saying this to get S.Coups back are you?" Jeonghan sighed. "Look, you want Wonwoo and a part of me wants S.Coups. We both get what we want Mingyu. And they don't even have to know." 

Mingyu bit his lip, thinking. 

He sighed. 

"Fine, but no face in the photo." Jeonghan smirked and nodded. "Promise!" He got his phone out and took a photo of Mingyu, sending it off to S.Coups. He smiled up at Mingyu. "Now go home and be ready to accept your lover." 

Mingyu rolled his eyes and stood up. "You're lucky I love you." Jeonghan smiled. "I mean, who doesn't?" 

 

*Back at the dorm* 

 

Mingyu laid in bed, not really paying attention to the movie that was playing but mostly to the door. 

Wonwoo should be here any moment now. 

He's worried how he will be. 

Upset? 

Crying? 

Angry? 

All of the above? 

Mingyu sighed and looked up at the ceiling. 

He felt so wrong for doing what he did but he felt like this was the right choice. 

The door opened and Wonwoo walked in, a small frown on his face. Mingyu looked up at him. "Hey, back so soon?" Wonwoo sighed and nodded, taking his shoes off at the door. "Yeah, he had other things to do. And by other things I mean he had to go back to his on and off again boyfriend." 

Mingyu opened his arms wide, Wonwoo falling straight into them, snuggling close to Mingyu. 

"Sorry I missed our movie night." 

Mingyu smiled slightly, rubbing his back. "It's fine, the night isn't over yet. And you're here now so that's all that matters." 

It was silent. 

Mingyu took a deep breath. 

"Remember that promise we made when we were eighteen?" 

"About marrying each other?" 

"Yeah," Mingyu bit his lip. "That's still a thing right?" 

"It always will be." 

Mingyu smiled and pulled Wonwoo closer, leaving the other blushing without knowing. 

 

~~~~~~

 

Age 23

Mingyu couldn't take it anymore. 

Waiting two more years just to be able to marry Wonwoo. 

He was having to stop every relationship that Wonwoo got in to without Wonwoo knowing it was really him screwing things up. 

It hurts to wait and to ruin Wonwoo's relationships but Mingyu knows it's all worth it. 

"So Hoshi invited us to a party tonight." Mingyu looked up from his phone and over at Wonwoo who was sitting on his bed, starring at Mingyu. "Yeah? Both of us or just you?" Wonwoo sighed. "Both of us. He thinks you'll have fun. And since you're my best friend, he wants to become friends with you as well." 

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "I'm good, I don't want to go." 

Wonwoo pouted. "But Mingyu~" 

Mingyu ignored him, turning his attention back to his phone. 

Wonwoo sighed and stoop up, walking over to Mingyu and sitting down on his lap. Mingyu's eyes widen as he looked up at him. Wonwoo took his phone and leaned down. 

"Please come with me. You know I don't like parties that much unless I'm with you. Plus me and Hoshi just started dating and I don't want to go alone. I won't know anyone there and you know how shy I am with people I don't know." Mingyu looked up at Wonwoo. 

Man he's so close to kissing him. 

He sighed. "I'll go, but I'm not drinking." 

Wonwoo smiled wide, leaning down and kissing Mingyu's forehead before getting up. 

"Great so what should I wear?" 

 

*At the party* 

 

Mingyu didn't want to be here but he knew he couldn't leave Wonwoo alone. Esepecially since Wonwoo doesn't even want to be here either.

Mingyu was also here to keep an eye out for Hoshi. 

So Mingyu laid back against the wall and watched as Hoshi walked around the party with his arms thrown around Wonwoo, talking to almost every person in the room. Mingyu noticed how Wonwoo would glance at him from his spot on the wall to make sure he was still there. 

Mingyu sighed as someone leaned up against the wall beside him. 

He glanced and noticed it was a boy he recognized from his music class, Woozi. 

"Hate parties too?" 

Woozi glanced up at Mingyu before sighing and nodding, taking a sip of his drink. "Yeah, but not as much as I hate the host of this one." Mingyu looked and noticed Hoshi now glancing at them as well as Wonwoo. 

"Yeah, don't worry, me too." 

Woozi didn't seem surprised. "What'd the head do to you?" 

"He has his arms around my whole world right now. The love of my life and my soulmate, my best friend." 

Woozi glanced at the couple and nodded, fully understanding. Mingyu looked at him. "What'd he do to you?" "Well for starters, I'm his ex boyfriend. And I don't even know why he invited me besides the face he's trying to make me jealous! He's a snob and flirts with everyone! I don't even know why I showed up! I just know I really hate him." 

Mingyu laughed. "If that's the case, I guess I'll have to fight him for you and my best friend." 

Woozi smiled slightly before frowning, putting his hand up to his head. 

Mingyu frowned. 

"You okay?" 

"Yeah, just a slight headache." 

"Want to go somewhere quieter?" 

"Yes please." 

Mingyu helped Woozi up and they walked off, not slipping by Hoshi and Wonwoo's glances. 

Wonwoo frowned, feeling a pain in his chest as he watched Mingyu walk away with someother guy. 

Hoshi, on the other hand, felt jealousy and hate watching Woozi walk off with some other guy. 

Hoshi turned to Wonwoo, faking a smile. "Hey baby, I'll be right back okay?" Wonwoo looked up at him, smiling slightly. He nodded and Hoshi walked away, out of Wonwoo's sight. 

Wonwoo sighed and sat down on the couch, sending a text to Mingyu to come quick. 

He just wants Mingyu. 

Mingyu looked at his phone and stood up, Woozi looking up at him. "My friend needs me right now, are you going to be alright if I leave you?" Woozi nodded, laying back down. 

They just went into one of the many bedrooms in this place just for Woozi to lay down. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I just need to rest for a moment." 

Mingyu nodded. "I'll come back to check on you." 

Woozi smiled. "You're very kind Mingyu, thank you." 

Mingyu smiled and walked out of the room, turning to walk back down the hall and towards the stairs. 

He bumbed into Hoshi on his way. 

Mingyu looked at Hoshi confused while Hoshi held a nervous expression. "Um, hey, sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I'm just headed to my room to get something." 

Mingyu nodded, watching Hoshi contiune to make his way down the hall. Mingyu shrugged and turned and walked down the stairs, seeing Wonwoo sitting on the couch by himself. He looked very upset and Mingyu hated that. 

He frowned and walked over to him. 

"Hey Won, what's up?" 

Wonwoo looked up at him and smiled wide, grabbing Mingyu's hand. "Gyu, I'm so glad to see you. You and Hoshi both ditched me and I saw you walking away with that guy so I didn't know if you were busy hook-" 

Mingyu cut him off. "No, I was just helping him. His head was hurting so I took him upstairs to one of the rooms so he could have some peace and quiet." 

Wonwoo looked at him, smiling slightly. "He picked the nosiest person in the world to help him then." Mingyu pouted slightly. "You don't like when I talk?" "No I love it when you speak." 

Mingyu smiled and nodded. 

Wonwoo bit his lip slightly, looking at their hands. Mingyu looked at him. "What's wrong?" 

"I want to go home now Gyu." 

Mingyu raised an eyebrow at him. "But I thought you wanted to come here and enjoy the whole party." 

"I've changed my mind about everything. Even about Hoshi. I would rather be at home reading with you then be here with someone who ditches me and flirts with everything that breaths." 

Mingyu nodded, squeezing Wonwoo's hand in his lightly. "Let me go tell my friend bye and we can leave. Want to come with?" Wonwoo nodded. "Yeah, I don't want to be left alone again." Mingyu nodded and they headed upstairs. 

As they got closer to the room Mingyu left Woozi in, they could hear moans. 

Mingyu and Wonwoo turned and looked at each other confused. 

Mingyu slowly opened the door, careful not to make to much noise, and they both looked inside. Both of their eyes widen. 

Hoshi was shirtless and hovering over Woozi, making out with him. 

Mingyu quickly, but cautiously, closed the door and turned to look at Wonwoo. 

His expression was blank. 

"Won-" 

"Lets go." 

Mingyu nodded and they headed back downstairs and out the door. They walked over to Mingyu's car, Mingyu making sure to open the door for Wonwoo who gave him a small smile in return. Mingyu got in and drove. 

It was silent all the way back to the dorm. 

When they finally arrived to their dorm, they walked quietly up the stairs and inside. 

Mingyu took his shoes off and went over and laid down on his bed, starring at Wonwoo. 

"Wonwoo, I'm sorry." 

Wonwoo smiled, shaking his head as he made his way over to Mingyu. "It's fine. I knew something was up anyways from how many times he kept glancing over at you and the other boy, and I know he wasn't making heart eyes at you. Maybe glaring at you. But anyways, I should of known better from all the stuff I heard about him. So it's okay Mingyu. I have you now so can we not talk about him and just cuddle?"

Mingyu smiled slightly, nodding his head. 

"We can." 

 

~~~~~~

 

Age 25

Mingyu was nervous and exctied at the moment. 

Today was the big day, he was going to propose to Wonwoo.

They were both 25 now and both single. 

So many years of waiting and he's finally making Wonwoo his. He just doesn't know when the right time to pop the question will be. 

At the moment, they were laying on the couch watching a romantic movie, Wonwoo at one end and Mingyu at the other, both sprawled out on top of each other. 

Wonwoo let out a loud sigh as the couple in the movie confessed their love for each other. 

Mingyu looked over at him, smiling. "What's wrong Won?" 

Wonwoo pouted and looked over Mingyu, pausing the movie.

"I just came to terms that I am going to end up alone forever and I will never have love like the movies. Every guy I end up with either cheats or is using me for or to get back at someone. There's no in-between. So I guess I'll just be alone forever." 

This is it. 

Mingyu's moment. 

"Marry me then." 

Wonwoo looked at him. 

"What?" 

"You heard me, marry me. Remember the promise we made back when we were eighteen?" 

Wonwoo nodded, smiling slightly. "I remember." Mingyu nodded. "So marry me." 

Wonwoo sat up, looking at Mingyu. "Tell me why you want to marry me Kim Mingyu." 

Mingyu sat up as well, grabbing ahold of Wonwoo's hands. 

"One reason would be that I have been in love with you since elementary school but you always put me in the friendzone and have been so clueless ever since. Always taking my loving actions as apart of our friendship." 

Wonwoo blushed slightly. 

"Another reason is that you get me Wonwoo. You get my stupid jokes and puns and you know everything I like. You never judge me and have always accept me unlike any other person I know and that's what I like about you. And I get you. We understand each other unlike anyone else could." 

"And finally, well, if it isn't obvious enough, I love you alot. I mean, I had to get rid of every single guy you dated because I knew they would never understand you and get you like me. Plus I knew they were all jerks and you deserve better. A lot better. And I can treat you better Wonwoo and give you everything you want because you deserve it. So I want to marry you. Not because of a promise we made but because of my true feelings for you and how I know I can't live without you." 

Wonwoo felt a tear slip down his face before nodding his head. 

"I love you so much Mingyu. Yes, I'll marry you." 

Mingyu smiled wide, pulling Wonwoo all the way on to his lap before pulling him in for a kiss. 

A kiss he has been watiing forever to do. 

They pulled away and Mingyu smiled down at him. 

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that."