Chapter 2.

I know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Late again… Kang”

Seulgi gave a sheepish smile and bowed a few times. “Sorry” she apologized as she made her way to her desk, and as she walked passed Irene she gave a quick glance at the girl. Irene returned the glance and flashed a smile. Seulgi quickly diverted her gaze, as she felt flustered again. Why does this keep happening?

Staring at the back of Joohyun’s head the whole lesson, it can be confirmed that she utterly spaced out in class. But, class is boring and her head was filled with thoughts and question about the girl. She couldn’t help herself as she drifted into her own thoughts. Staying focused in class is one of the biggest challenges in her life and she doesn’t plan to take up the challenge anytime soon either.

“Seulgi…” a whisper.

Seulgi snapped out of her little world and looked at the person calling her. “Ah, Joohyun what is it?”

“It’s the paper for this morning’s pop quiz” Irene informed. “Good luck”

Seulgi took it and passed it back. “Wait, did you say good luck sarcastically?” she kicked the chair of the girl in front of her.

“No, well… Maybe” Irene turned around with a grin.

“Hey!” Seulgi hissed.

“Kang, what’s all the ruckus back there for?” the teacher asked. “This is test conditions now, you could get a zero for that”

“Sorry” Seulgi apologized again as she kicked Joohyun’s chair one last time out of frustration. Then, it hit her. Since when did I become so casual with Bae? Seulgi thought. And, once those thoughts kicked into gear, there goes her grades. Good-bye A and good-bye B, instead hello C and D. Hopefully she won’t drop down to an F, so she won't even think about it.


 

~





The nth sigh. Seulgi couldn’t get Joohyun off her mind and it was starting to really bother her. It was annoying how she couldn’t figure out the emotions she was feeling, and how this unfamiliar tug at the heart always happens when she makes eye contact with other girl. Everything is out of ordinary and she anxious of what will happen.

“Hey, are you going to eat that?” Wendy asked pointing at the bread that Seulgi bought from the cafeteria quite a while ago.

Seulgi shook her head. “Not hungry. You can have it”

“Okay then” Wendy took the bread and opened the wrapping it was in, and then took a big bite. “I just had PE, so I’m starving” she glanced over to Seulgi and frowned. “Hey, you okay over there?” she waved her hand before Seulgi’s dazed eyes.

“Huh? Yeah, I’m fine. Just spacing out a lot recently” Seulgi laughed it off as she tried to start a conversation. “I heard there’s a new cafe in the area that opened recently. Want to check it out?”

Joy who was busy eating her lunch looked up. “Hm, really? Why not then”

Wendy smiled and nodded. “Sure”

Seulgi gave a big smile and clapped her hands together. “Great, why not hang around a bit too since we’ll be out anyways?”

The two thought for a while. “I’m free until late tonight so it should be fine” Joy said.

Wendy nodded in agreement from the side. “Same”

“Great! We haven’t hung out for ages, the three of us” Seulgi was excited and already tossed her thoughts about Joohyun to the back her head. All she needed was a little distraction. “I can’t wait until school ends now!”

“True” Joy agreed. “We’ve all being busy recently so…”

“Then, let’s go all out today!” Wendy was pumped up and ready to roll.


 

~





“Ah, it began to rain” Seulgi said as she looked outside at the heavy rain.

“Well, it is rainy season” Wendy took out an umbrella. “So, I’m always prepared”

“Oh, me too” Joy said revealing her new umbrella. “It’s just Seulgi whom isn't prepared” she laughed.

Seulgi gave a pout. “Hey, I can just share with one of you anyways”

“Well, it’s getting pretty late. I’ll probably head home now,” Wendy said. She looked back at Seulgi, “How are you getting home?”

“I live just around the area so… I’m walking”

“Then, I’m going by bus so I’ll accompany you home first” Wendy suggested.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter