Chapter 1.

I know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RV high school is an all girl's private school that excels in subjects such as math and science. It is a school with a very good reputation and there’s always a high enrolment rate, but whether everyone passes is a different story. The school tends to be very strict with student selection and who actually passes the interviews. Although, the school is very particular about grades, they are also very particular about the interview. They like knowing whom they’re letting into the school. Troublemakers are a no go, but there are always exceptions and errors in this system.

“Stand” Bae Joohyun also well known as Irene is one of a kind. Teachers love her and students love her, but no one really knows anything about her. To sum it up, she has quite an enigmatic presence within the grade. She’s part of the student council and she’s top in the grade for academics. People see her as the ideal person to look up to, but even so, she’s not the most cooperative person.

“Sorry I’m late” a voice echoed amidst the silence of conducting the daily duties.

The teacher jerked his head to the late student and sighed. No surprise here, “Kang…” he said. “Why are you late this time?”

Kang Seulgi just stood by the door with a frown. “I slept in,” she mumbled. She wanted to avoid the teacher’s gaze, so wondered her eyes around the room and found them glued onto another set of eyes. Bae Irene. She paused for a moment. Has Irene’s eyes always being this captivating? She thought.

“I can’t hear you, Kang” the teacher’s voice was stern. He was ready to give her a lecture at lunch in the staff room and everyone knew it was going to happen. Seulgi always gets lectured.

Seulgi didn’t react; she was too busy getting hypnotized by her classmate. She just nodded not even caring what the teacher said. It was all a blur in the back of her head. A smile. Irene smiled. Seulgi didn't know what to do. What was Irene smiling at? Who was she smiling at? What is this situation? Seulgi found herself all tangled up in her own thoughts.

“Kang Seulgi!” the teacher raised his voice. His patience was running.

Seulgi snapped out of it and turned to the teacher. “Y-yes?”

He sighed. “Come to the staff room at lunch”

“Yes, sir” Seulgi bowed a bit and made her way to her desk quietly. She walked passed Irene and even though it was very tempting, she restrained herself from looking at the girl. She walked behind and stood behind her desk.

“Continue, Irene,” the teacher said.

Irene nodded. “Bow” she continued with the morning greetings. “Sit” she finished.

Seulgi sat down and looked ahead. Ah, it’s Irene again… she thought. Her eyes widened at the thought. “Eh?” she whispered loudly. Everyone turned to look at her, including Irene.

Irene turned around and smiled. “What? Did you forget I sat in front of you?” she whispered.

Seulgi gulped. She was becoming awfully nervous. “Um… No, I just thought of something. That’s all”

Irene’s smile widened. “Spacing out in class isn’t very good,” she whispered. “Sir loves picking on you after all”

Seulgi just smiled nervously as she took out her textbook slowly. She stared at the text on the pages and rubbed her eyes. She must still be tired, even though she did sleep in. “Maybe I’ll take a nap” she whispered to herself. She stood the textbook upright and lay her head down behind it. Closing her eyes, she dozed off.


 

~





A nudge. Seulgi could feel a light push of her shoulder. She opened her eyes and stretched first with a yawn. “What is it?” she asked casually.

“Class is over”

Seulgi froze in the middle of her stretch and abruptly turned to look at the girl who was waking her up. She knew it. “Irene?” She quickly closed her textbook and packed everything up. “Sorry, I’ll go to the staff room immediately” she stood up and started to rush off but was caught with a gentle grasp on the wrist.

“You shouldn’t run in the corridors of the school by the way,” Irene reminded with a gentle voice as she slowly released Seulgi's wrist.

Seulgi bowed. “Sorry” she tried to cover her flustered face as she looked down, hoping her hair will cover her face. Why was she even flustered? She didn’t know. Maybe because it was the first time she’s had contact with Irene Bae. Now’s not the time to think about these trivial things, she needed to get to the staff room.

“And” Irene spoke again.

Seulgi stopped by the door and turned back to the girl. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. That soft smile and gently sharp gaze seems to be able to slow down time. And, the naturally authoritative voice Irene possesses. Everything about her creates this majestic aura, one that drags others in.

“Please, call me Joohyun”


 

~





“Ah… that was tiring!” Seulgi exhaled loudly as she plopped herself onto the benches, where her frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter