It's Company Policy ; 3 

It's Company Policy

"Oh geez it's cold," she mutters to herself, holding a cardboard tray with four cups of caramel latte. "When will this song end?"

 

After another 5 minutes, the music coming from the room finally stops. Someone opens the door she's leaning on. She almost falls backward, thank god for the pair of legs behind her which she used to prop herself up. 

 

"Ah! Kyungsoo!" She smiles at him as she stand up, a tray of drinks in hand and a paper Starbucks bag in the other (probably filled with more drinks). "This is for you."

 

She nods her head to gesture to the front right drink on the tray. Kyungsoo takes it.

 

"Thank you. Do you need help to give the rest of the drinks out?" 

 

She nods quickly and Kyungsoo takes the bag of drinks from her. Someone plays a song and blasts it. Kyungsoo and Penny 'creep up' behind the members one by one and hand them their personalised drinks. Given their small size, they never saw them coming. The sweat-drenched men were too tired to get scared (except for Chanyeol, he gave a weak scream that died quickly).

 

When all that was left was Sehun's drink, Penny finally dismissed Kyungsoo so he could go to the toilet.

 

"Sehun," she called the guy who was happily allowing himself to sink into the sofa. He didn't hear her, probably immersed in the music. "Sehunnie."

 

His eyes fluttered open, shocked but he stretched out his arm to receive the drink from her hand.

Their fingers brush against each other, she already feels embarrassed.

 

"Its to apologise for yesterday. Manager told me I messed up, especially for you. I don't remember what I said but if I said anything bad about you, I didn't mean it," She starts to panic, she only had this job for 3 months and she might have messed up bad already. "I.. I. Out of everyone in the group, maybe it's because of our age, I feel most like okay with you. So, please talk to me about it. I don't want to stay on bad terms with you."

 

Sehun just stares at her. 'She really doesn't remember, does she?' He's kind of amazed. What happened yesterday would probably be etched in his mind for a long time but for her. He's kind of amused too.

 

He gives her that cute, reassuring laugh. "You didn't do anything like that. I won't tell you what you did but it was nothing like what you imagine it to be. It was rather embarrassing for the both of us. That's all I'll say."

 

She just smiles. "That's good then. I'll treat you and Kyungsoo-oppa to lunch later."

 

He gives a curious look. Kyungsoo? 

 

"He helped me pass out the drinks earlier. It's a thanks."

 

It's only 09:28. Sehun would resume dance practice soon and she had some time to kill. 

 

"Bring Kyungsoo to the recording studio after you guys are done. I'll be checking out some tracks with Manager. I'm ordering food in."

 

"Okie dokey," Sehun gave her the okay sign and got up to do some stretches. 

 

'Gosh, he is cute. And tall. And good-looking. An-' She snaps out of it and makes her way out. 

 

"Penny! Want to stay and watch? You could give us feedback and stuff," Yixing suggests. She her head in thought, and nods in agreement. 

 

"Yixing, do you want to join Sehun, Kyungsoo and I for lunch? I'm ordering food in, we're eating at the studio," She asks. He agrees and the other members want in too.

 

Sehun doesn't like that. Having one extra person was already not making him happy, now another seven more? 

 

"How do you even have enough money to treat us all to food so often?" Baekhyun asks.

 

She shrugged. 

 

"I don't have to leave now, I still have some time before I'm needed at the studio. I'll record you guys practice and then you can look at the footage and fix some parts." 

 

And so that's what she did.