- the fall -

Don't Hold Your Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean I'm not coming over?" Jongdae seemed quite upset with him, a hand slapping onto his forehead to check his temperature. "You're not sick so what's the excuse?"

Kai squirmed. "Am just busy."
"Next weekend then ?" 
Jongin didn't know how to tell him he meant indefinitely. The thought of not spending another weekend with Jongdae saddened him, but it didn't deter him.
"Yeah, I mean. I think so?"

"Alright then." Jongdae side eyed him before standing as his stop approached. "See ya Monday then, Kai. "

"Yeah, bye Jongdae.." Kai swallowed. "And just, thanks for everything."

Jongdae frowned, turning back. "You're welcome... are you sure, you don't want me to come."

Jongin put on his best smile. "Yes! Now get going before you miss your stop."

It was weird to think that would be the last time he'd see Jongdae. He was sad. But also determined. If there was any thing he truly didn't deserve, it was the raw joy and loyalty of Jongdae.

The lulling of the late bus ride slowly put Jongin to sleep, country roads flying past his eyes like a silent movie until his eyes fluttered closed. The silence following Jongdae's departure was eerie, but Jongin found it comforting. This was what he truly deserved.

He dozed most of the way home but eventually the bus creaked to a halt at its final stop, a rotting bus shelter a 30 minute walk from Jongin's house. It was off-road from here in, a dirt track leading down the coastlines rocky cliffs to many secluded beaches, one of which he called home. Thanking the bus driver and waving him farewell as he crawled back down the road

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter