BONUS END.

Spiritual Experience
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi this fic has garnered alot of traction lately and i want to thank you for the encouraging comments and reviews. You guys are all so sweet to me!! So as a small thank you here is a bonus epilouge to spirtual experience! I hope you all enjoy it and thank you for sticking with me despite some spelling mistakes and grammer issues. Mucho love <3

 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

 

Byulyi couldn't resist singing along to the nostalgic tune; tapping away at the steering wheel to the rhythm. The lyrics brought a sense of wistfulness inside the moving car, and at this moment, they couldn't be any more true. The greenery that once was, is now covered in inches of snow. Every house that passed had an assortment of red, blue, green, and white lights danging upon their gutters and shingles. They twinkled and glistened against the power white snow like scattered glitter.

 

After managing to park in a snow covered driveway, Byulyi turned off the ignition. She swung her door open and the winter air hit her like a ton of bricks. She shivered, not before tightening her scarf, and made her way toward the house. It was less decorated than the others, but a home nonetheless.

 

Oh, how she wished to be inside, cuddled up by the fire with a cup of steaming hot coco, a soft quilt, and completely submersed in great book. That would have to wait for another day.

 

She trembled, knocking thrice on the door, and buried her fingers deep inside her coat pocket. She gritted her teeth, and bounced in attempt to stay warm.

 

Shuffling could be heard on the other side. Byulyi chuckled when she heard something between 'ouch' and 'hold on'. Finally the door opened, revealing a flustered Yongsun. She was in midst of sticking a snowflake shaped hoop through her right lobe.

 

“Byul-ah, you made it.” Yongsun grinned, that blush still ever present on her face.

 

“Wow,” Byulyi muttered checking her girlfriend out. “You –You look stunning.”

 

And she did. A vision in red off-the-shoulder dress. And the way her expressive brown eyes widened in surprise of the compliment, turning bright and shifting to the floor was a delight to witness. Even after a year, Yongsun managed to remain an earth-bound angel.

 

Yongsun tugged Byulyi's arm out from a pocket, “Get in here before you catch pneumonia. I'm afraid if I miss another Sunday sermon with you, god will smite me.”

 

Byulyi saluted, and wiped the bottom of her shoes on the door mat and walked in. The action made Yongsun roll her eyes and walked away when Byulyi ended up slipping them off in the foyer and setting them beside Yongsun's impressive collection of heels.

 

While Yongsun was distracted fixing her lipstick in the living room mirror, Byulyi wrapped her arms around her waist, settling her chin on Yongsun's exposed shoulder.

 

“Have I ever told you how beautiful you look in red?”

 

“A sweet talker, you are.”

 

“You're just so tasty, I can't help myself.” Byulyi replied nuzzling her face in Yongsun's neck out of pure habit, placing a litter of small kisses on .

 

Yongsun giggled, that same giggle that Byulyi could listen to forever. Eventually, Yongsun began to pull away, “Stop it! Your lips are freezing!”

 

“Care to warm them up for me?” Byulyi whispered noticeably sending shivers down Yongsun's spine.

 

“Byul, we'll be late, and you remember what happened last year when we showed up late to Hwasa's annual Christmas party?” Yongsun scolded, yet held her grip on Byulyi's arms. “She made me stay all night to help her clean up the mess until there was not a spec of cookie crumble on her carpet.”

 

“It's a good thing she replaced the carpet with hardwood over the summer.”

 

“I promised her I would help her with catering tonight too...”

 

Byulyi got the message and sighed, releasing Yongsun from her hold. “Alright, alright. Are you ready?”

 

“Almost, can you fetch my purse? I think it's on the kitchen counter.”

 

“Yes ma'am.” Byulyi nodded. Half-way out the room, she paused mid-step and spun around. “Do you, by chance, have a shovel?”

 

Yongsun pondered for a moment. “There should be one in the garage.”

 

“Great!”

 

“Why do you need a shovel?”

 

“I can't have my angel walking in four inches of snow in heels and a short dress. In this economy? Pssh.”

 

Byulyi left the room, leaving Yongsun sputtering in second-hand embarrassment and a twinge of shyness.

 

Whistling her way into the kitchen, Byulyi swept Yongsun's purse from the counter, and bowed at the intimidating picture of Jesus. An eternity could go by and Byulyi would remain terrified of it's existence, especially knowing he's heard some of the noises come out of the bedroom above them.

 

To some degree, she is thankful for his presence. Not quite for the same reason as many others, but simply because it was his church that brought her to Yongsun, the most amazing girlfriend anyone could ask for.

 

She swung the purse, making her way to the garage. She found the shovel quickly propped up against a tool box.

 

Byulyi passed by Yongsun again, dropping off the purse, earning a chaste kiss on the cheek. She pulled her shoes back on, thankful they weren't soaked, and exited the house. She shoveled a makeshift path from the porch to her car, using her footprints as a guide. The lights inside of the house turned off one by one, (aside from the Christmas tree displayed by the window), and soon Yongsun stood on the deck in a cozy coat waiting patiently for Byulyi to finish.

 

Wiping off the invisible sweat off her forehead, Byulyi smiled at her work. This was merely one example of the many lengths she would go to for Yongsun.

 

“Good work, Honey!”

 

“Thanks angel.” Byulyi replied approaching Yongsun. She set the shovel beside the porch steps and walked into the wide open hug Yongsun held out for her. Byulyi pressed herself against Yongsun. The delicious smell of gingerbread and mint lingered in Yongsun's locks. Yongsun ran her hands up and down Byulyi's back to help bring her some warmth. “We better get going,” Byulyi stated. “Or else, you know, Hwasa snaps at the both of us.”

 

“Wait!” Yongsun interrupted when Byulyi began to pull away. With scrunched eyebrows, Byulyi scanned Yongsun's face for an answer to her outburst. “There is something I wanted to do.”

 

Yongsun tugged Byulyi out into the cold. Snowflakes twirled and sprinkled, falling onto their cheeks and hair.

 

“Seeing you all dressed up like this makes me want to do naughty things to you,” Yongsun said, closing the distance.

 

“Yongsun… Don't tell me you want to make love in the snow. I'll get pneumonia for sure.” Byulyi teased with a wink.

 

“No, oh my goodness! I want to kiss you while the snow is falling all around us –like they do in those hallmark movies!”

 

“I hate those movies.”

 

“One year ago, you asked me to be your girlfriend.” Yongsun reminded. Byulyi flushed red. She knew that, but hearing it come from Yongsun's mouth was different. A good different. “And, this is the anniversary of our first kiss?”

 

Byulyi composed herself, leaning down slightly. “You mean the anniversary of you shoving your tongue down my throat?”

 

Yongsun smacked her hand on Byulyi's shoulder, earning a fake yelp.

 

“We're lucky our first anniversary didn't land on a Sunday. We both know mister man would be your main priority over me if it did.” Byulyi remarked.

 

“Don't be jealous of God! That's a sin, you know?”

 

“Oh please, that's the last thing God would reprimand me for.”

 

“Trust me,” Yongsun exasperated. “I know. Now, are you going to make my Christmas wish come true or are you going to continue bickering with me until we hate each other?”

 

“What about my wish?” Byulyi whined.

 

Yongsun's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. “What's your wish, Moon Byulyi?” She asked, sarcasm laced in her tone.

 

“To get out of the damn cold. I'm freezing my off.”

 

“Ugh, fine, but I will get my Christmas kiss.” Yongsun warned, pointing a finger in Byulyi's chest.

 

Byulyi chuckled, grasping Yongsun's finger, and closed the gap between them with a kiss. It was longing and slow, wonderful and passionate. Quiet moans and the faint sound of Christmas music was all a distraction at this point. Yongsun wrapped her arms around Byulyi, bringing their bodies closer. The feeling of Byulyi's hands slipping underneath her coat, made Yongsun shiver for a reason besides it being cold out.

 

“You're so annoying, Byul.” Yongsun commented, leaning her forehead against Byulyi's.

 

“You love it.”

 

“As if,” Yongsun smirked going in for another kiss.

 

This kiss ended as quickly as it began when Byulyi trembled and they both laughed. Their bright smiles illuminated by the colorful décor outside the home.

 

“I do love your kisses, Yongsun, seriously. But I'm so so sooo cold.”

 

“Okay, okay. I get it.” Yongsun chuckled holding Byulyi's in hers. “Let's get going.”

 

Byulyi courteously opened the passenger door out of habit, earning a sweet thank you from Yongsun. Once her girlfriend's heels were safely inside the car, she shut the door and raced to the other side.

 

“This car brings back fond memories.” Yongsun mentioned with a smile. Byulyi switched on the ignition and gave Yongsun's thigh a sentimental squeeze.

 

“Should I be jealous?”

 

“Let's just say, you weren't my first choice.”

 

“Hey--”

 

The rest of the car ride consisted of Byulyi listening to Yongsun sing along to her favorite Christmas songs she had downloaded on her phone. She always managed to keep on key even when she bounced up and down to 'Jingle Bell Rock'.

 

Upon arrival was a different story. Hwasa was pissed. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her scowl made the two shrink in their jackets.

 

“Yongsun unnie, you really need to stop carpooling with Byulyi, she at time management.”

 

Byulyi brushed past Hwasa ruffling the younger's hair much to her dismay. “Sorry Hwasa.” She eyed a table and smirked, “I need some finger food.”

 

“As for you, unnie,” Hwasa chastised glaring at Yongsun. “You were supposed to be here two hours ago to help me prepare dinner.” Hwasa pouted, circling her arm around Yongsun's elbow, pulling her inside. She offered to take Yongsun's coat and hung it upon the coat rack. “Luckily, I had Wheein to help me set up.”

 

“I'm really sorry, Hwasa. You know how I feel about driving.” Yongsun titled her head, “Wait, who's Wheein?”

 

“You know,” Hwasa reddened. Yongsun raised an eyebrow, 'what in the world?' “The girl from bible study with the dimple.”

 

The memory popped in fast. Of course, Jung Wheein! One of the most studious girls in church, (besides Yongsun). Rumor has it, she's the pastor's girlfriend and that's why she is involved in sermons and weekly church activities. Yongsun also remembers Wheein sharing a learning with her unprovoked during a break between a biweekly bible study, and it reminded her a lot of pastor now that she thought about it.

 

Hwasa didn't flush easily and due to Yongsun's new awakening to the lesbian lifestyle she automatically thought, 'that was very gay'. In fact, this is the first time Yongsun had seen Hwasa show any type of amatory towards another person besides God.

 

Hwasa didn't wasn't the type to trust easily, heck, it took Yongsun a year to convince Hwasa that she didn't hate Byulyi. Wheein must have a light to her that has acquired Hwasa's entrust with something as important as the Christmas feast.

 

“She's cute, isn't she?” Yongsun tested, feeling a bit mischievous today.

 

She watched Hwasa redden more and cast her gaze to her shoes, “Yup, that's her. Anyways, now that you're here, can you please help me set up the dining room?” She collected herself and Yongsun smirked at the sudden change of topic.

 

“You don't even have to ask, I'm right on it.”

 

“Before we do that. I have something important to say.” The two made eye constant. Yongsun's fingers fidgeted. “I was thinking you could recite the prayer tonight… Maybe?”

 

Gulping nervously, Yongsun mouth fell open in stupor.

 

“Hwasa? Are you serious?”

 

Hwasa grasped Yongsun's hands in good measure,“Yes, I'm serious, who better to do it this year than you?” She smiled excitedly, Yongsun not returning the sentiment.

 

“I r-r eally shouldn't.” Yongsun stuttered, eyes darting across the room. She could see Hwasa deflate from the corner of her eyes, and she felt sick for hurting her friend.

 

“What? Why not?”

 

Yongsun glanced over at Byulyi scarfing down the cheese platter and conversing with an elder man. She looked adorable with her cheeks full of food and her enlivened expressions. Over time, Byulyi had manifestly opened up a great extent since they made their relationship official. Watching her interact with church members that Yongsun had respected, always caused Yongsun's heart flutter in a fantastical way.

 

Her eyes returned to Hwasa, who was visibly agitated and expecting an answer.

 

“Can't Wheein do it this year?” She asked hoping to brush some of the pressure off her shoulder. “Think about all the amazing stuff she's done for the church. That bake sale she did with the kids this summer? When she raised funds for the Lim family when they were going through financial problems? What about that one time she--”

 

“Alright, alright.” Hwasa waved off. She closed her eyes and exhaled; when they opened back up they were back to their normal gleam. “I'll talk to her, but I really want you to do it, unnie.”

 

“Let me think about it, okay? Please?”

 

Hwasa nodded.

 

Thankfully, a party-goer interrupted the two, successfully distracting Hwasa enough for Yongsun to slip away.

 

“Yongsun!” Byulyi beamed, shoving another piece of fudge in her face. She was bound to get a tummy ache tonight. “Try this! It tastes exactly like yours!”

 

“That's because it's my recipe,” Yongsun guffawed. She opened and accepted the final bite Byulyi was offering her nevertheless. “Mmm, you're right!” She chewed. “Our Hwasa did well this year baking, didn't she?”
 

Byulyi the crumbs off her fingers and replied with a half-hearted hum. She was moving on to the next dish and Yongsun trailed close behind her.

 

In a whisper, “Hwasa asked me to do prayer this year.”

 

“Are you?” Byulyi asked and picked up a chat potato. She brought it to her nose and smelled it.

 

Yongsun twiddled her fingers against the fabric of her dress, out of habit at this point.

 

“Do you think I should?”

 

Byulyi popped the potato in , chewing slowly, deep in thought.

 

“You do it before our meals and before bed, and before you go on a roller coaster, so what's the difference?” Byulyi stated with a shrug.

 

“You have a point,” Yongsun confessed.

 

Byulyi turned her heel and faced Yongsun. Finally her full-focus on her troubled girlfriend.

 

“It's up to you, angel.” Byulyi grinned that crooked grin that manages to ease Yongsun's nerves. “Do what makes you comfortable.”

 

Still, the unchanging h

Please log in to read the full chapter