Not Yet

B.O.R.E.D

 

 

Eunha just made a huge mistake.

 

"Uhh what?", she asked.

 

"Who is Yerin?", Sowon repeats. Eunha looks at her, forcefully hiding the fear in her eyes and replacing it with fake innocence.

 

She succeeds.

 

"Yerin? Who?", Eunha says, with her mask on.

 

"You just whispered that to me", Sowon is now looking at her, unsure of her own statement.

 

"I did?", Eunha tests her luck again. Sowon looks like she's contemplating. Eunha wishes for the best.

 

And then Sowon sighs. Eunha calms down.

 

"Nevermind. I must be hearing things", Sowon concludes. Eunha wins again.

 

"Well that's creepy", Eunha jokes.

 

But deep inside, she almost bursts from nervousness. Her heart still beats rapidly in her. She feels cold sweat on her nape and palms. She tries not to touch Sowon, for she might notice her state.

 

Eunha scolds herself for being an idiot.

 

-

 

She tries to be extra sweet to Sowon the next day. Sowon loves it.

 

It's sunday. It's their date.

 

Every sunday, they go out and do what lovers do. They go to the restaurant, they go to the park, they go to the museum, everywhere they want to go.

 

They decide to go and watch in the cinema.

 

Eunha pays this time. Sowon disagrees immediately, but with great persuasion and a little twinkling eyes, Sowon finally gives in.

 

"Let's watch Miss Peregrine", Eunha suggests.

 

She buys the ticket while holding Sowon's hand. She buys the snacks while caressing Sowon's palm. She enters the cinema while tugging at Sowon's arm She tries to be as clingy as possible.

 

The movie is not yet starting. Trailers of different movies are playing at the big screen. The cinema's lights are all . They settle on the farther right seats.

 

"For privacy", Eunha says as she winks at her lover.

 

The movie plays as Eunha sneak different kinds of kisses to Sowon. Half an hour, she kisses Sowon's hand. An hour passes, the kiss moves upward, now on the cheek. Until the quarter of the movie, they are now making out.

 

Good thing the cinema is not that full. There are other people inside, but not all are watching. Just like them, they're doing other business.

 

"God, you're so needy today", Sowon whispers at her. Eunha muffles a moan.

 

"I just missed you", Eunha reasoned out.

 

Sowon leans in again, and captures her lower lip. She nimbles on the flesh, gently tugging it, and then lightly it. When she bites, Eunha gasps.

 

The kiss deepens. The movie, long forgotten. All they hear is the sound of their lips smacking.

 

They hurriedly go back to the house and continue their business there. Without interruptions.

 

And this time, Eunha tries not to think about Yerin.

 

-

 

Monday comes back a little fast for Eunha's dismay. Sowon just left a while ago, not forgetting to give Eunha a sweet, lingering kiss.

 

Eunha cleans when Sowon is at work. She swipes the floor clean, she changes the bed sheets, she scrubs the toilet, and lastly, she cleans the dishes.

 

It's already 3pm when she finishes all her work.

 

While resting at the couch, her phone lights up. It's Yuju. And suddenly, she remembers her missed appointment with the said girl.

 

"Yuju I'm so sorry I didn't made it on saturday. There was a sudden change of plan, i didn't even had a chance to inform you", she said to the other girl in line.

 

"No, it's okay. Come on, as if I don't ditch on you too", Yuju lightheartedly jokes. Eunha laughs along.

 

And then replays of that specific saturday plays on her mind. The moment she saw Yerin at the train. The moment they went to the arcade. The moment at the fast food chain. The moment when she said her name.

 

Eunha wants to experience it again.

 

She wishes for the day to happen again.

 

-

 

The next day, she does the laundry.

 

She separates the white shirts, mostly Sowon's, and the colored ones. The undergarments are in the different sections too. And then she sets the laundry machine.

 

Sowon has a habit of leaving pieces of paper inside her pockets so Eunha always checks first before putting the dirty clothes at the machine. So far, she got 5$ bill, 3 pieces of paper, and 2 candy wrappers.

 

"She's so messy sometimes", Eunha mutters to herself.

 

And then she found the coat she wore last time. The same coat when she was about to go at Yuju's. The same coat that she wore when she bumped into Yerin.

 

She again reminisces.

 

"What am I doing?", Eunha asks herself.

 

The guilt comes crashing in to her. Here she is, inside the house once both her and her lover dreamed about. Here she resides with the one who she promised with in front of her mutuals. Here she lives together with the lady that gives her a ring, and she had given one too. But her mind wanders to another girl. Her heart yearns for the presence of other girl. Her body aches for that girl.

 

She loses her mind at the thought of having with the shoplifter.

 

-

 

She tries her luck. She goes to the train station.

 

There she sits at the waiting shed, convincing herself that she's not here waiting for Yerin. That she's here because she wants to surprise Yuju. She bought a cake for her earlier anyway as an apology for ditching her.

 

But her train already arrives. She's not willing to go in.

 

Not unless she sees Yerin inside.

 

Finding the girl again is impossible, she knows, but Eunha is born stubborn. She wants this, she needs this. Not seeing the girl again makes her crazy. She can't face Sowon while being ually frustrated to another girl.

 

She counts the train that passes. And confirms that on the fourth train, Yerin is there, inside, in her white uniform and red bowtie, wearing a headphone, with her hair on high ponytail, just like the second time she sees her. Eunha can't wait to see the tantalizing eyes once more.

 

And then the train arrives. Eunha feels her heart beats loudly at her chest. She's nervous for no reason. She should not be nervous. After all, she will see Yuju, not the girl she dreamed last night.

 

She enters, looks around. And then the whole world feels so heavy. She sits at the bench at the right side. She sighs. There she feels disappointment, and sadness. She feels pathetic.

 

"What do I expect? Of course she's not here" Eunha sadly whispers to herself.

 

She loses her hope.

 

Eunha wants to cry. She also wants to slap herself, to wake herself up to this madness she's diving in. She has a wife, for 's sake. And yet here she is, wimping for someone else. She wipes the lone tear on her cheek, daring not to let it drop on the floor.

 

She's too occupied on her thoughts, not realizing that the train makes a stop, some people leaves the train, and some enter. She doesn't turn, she doesn't mind. She's too devastated to even give a to anyone.

 

But destiny is ing playful.

 

Yerin steps inside, clad in her uniform, her backpack hanging loosely on her right shoulder. With a face that screams worn-out dead from the day that passed. She wears the headphone hanging around her neck lazily, and settles herself at the other side of the train. She lays her back at the metal wall of the train and sighs as music blasts through her headphone. Yerin closes her eyes.

 

There they are. Two oblivious people that destiny toyed upon. They live finding satisfaction, but too blind to see each other.