Final

B.O.R.E.D

 

 

Eunha is already married.

 

To her first love. To her first crush. To her first puppy love. To Sowon.

 

She's lucky, everyone says. Eunha kept on getting reminded of that. Everyone is either fascinated or jealous of her. But she doesn't care about what they say.

 

She's bored as hell of her life.

 

She knows she got the best seat. Not experiencing the pain of being rejected and forgotten.

 

But this is not fun.

 

Anything obtained without experiencing hardship is unsatisfying.

 

Eunha ponders on how her life with Sowon began.

 

They were neighbors. At the peaceful street a bus away from the downtown. They were first introduced at the age of 6. Eunha was very shy at that moment. But Sowon was very loud when saying her name to her. Eunha barely remembers the days, except for the way Sowon smiled at her while saying her name. That will forever stay in her mind.

 

She loves Sowon, there is no doubt. They won't last for three years if she doesn't. Sowon is the sweetest person ever. She never forgets to make coffee for her every morning. Never miss the day she won't give at least two kisses on Eunha's cheeks. Sowon is the best.

 

Their relationship is perfect. Too perfect, that it feels boring.

 

She feels the need to discuss this matter with her other half, but the fear of seeing Sowon's disappointed and hurt eyes scares her. So she keeps it to herself. And she's willing to keep it until it voluntarily escapes inside her.

 

Sowon is sleeping beside her, unaware of the troubles inside Eunha's mind. Just like how Eunha wants it. Let Sowon sleep peacefully. Let her not get bothered by anything.

 

She gets up from their bed. She looks at the digital clock on the top of the side table. It's 1:39 in the morning. Eunha leaves the bedroom and goes to the kitchen to fetch herself a cold drink.

 

Eunha looks around. This house, the very same house that Sowon and her planned when they were still young. High school lovers: young, and careless. But they're in love. That's what matters at that time. But now, Eunha contemplates.

 

Her glass is empty, but she keeps the rim of it on her lips. She stares at nothing. Then suddenly, her mind goes blank. She doesn't know what to do anymore. She feels empty. And after she blinks, fear creeps in. She hurriedly goes back to the bedroom, and hugs Sowon tight.

 

She's bored. But scared of the things she wants to do.

 

-

 

Sowon is at work. Eunha goes to the grocery store.

 

At the snacks aisle, there she wanders. Looking at the variety of snacks, but her mind flies with the possibilities of cheating on Sowon.

 

She shakes her head, trying to get rid of the horrid idea out of her mind. But it keeps on popping, keeps on poking her.

 

Eunha wishes to be stronger than yesterday.

 

She pushes the metal cart. Its wheels creating a sound at the empty aisle.

 

Then she hears a pack of snack falling on the floor. She looks back, and there she sees a girl trying to fit three big bag of potato chips inside her sweater. She's just watching the girl steal.

 

But the girl sees her. They locked eyes for more than a second. Until Eunha sees the girl's eyes grow bigger. The girl hurriedly walks to her side and pulls her to the other aisle.

 

"Please don't turn me out", the girl quietly begs for her. Eunha just keeps staring at her.

 

"Please", the girl begs again. Eunha is silent. It pisses the girl. So she shoves Eunha, scoffs, and quickly leaves.

 

Eunha then feels her heartbeat getting faster. She holds her chest, feeling how her heart jumps inside her, and then she sighs loudly.

 

Seeing a shoplifter for the first time leaves Eunha agitated.

 

-

 

Sowon loves her dishes. Everything Eunha cooks, Sowon is ready to eat it all. There is no full stomach when Eunha makes homemade dishes.

 

So now she's making the best pasta she had ever done. She adds a lot of flavors in it. She adds a lot of attention to it. She adds a lots of love in it.

 

She started mixing the sauce. Until it boiled. Eunha tastes it, and frowns when it doesn't taste like what she expects. She doesn't know why. She adds everything she has.

 

But she guesses that it's not enough.

 

She just hopes that Sowon won't mind about the taste. She hopes that Sowon will still eat it all.

 

-

 

Eunha sees her again. The shoplifter at the shop. But now, she's a normal schoolgirl with her blonde hair tied in a bun. They are inside the train leaving the city.

 

The train stops. All of the students boarding on the plane leaves, except her. She remains seated on the train seat. Eunha watches her doing something on her phone.

 

The girl might have sensed her stare, so the girl lifts her head, and then they again locked eyes. The girl's eyes widens again.

 

It feels like de ja vu.

 

But today, the girl can't escape. They are inside a moving train. And Eunha is just a step away from her.

 

Eunha remembers how the girl begs. She remembers the soft, pleading voice of the girl as she looks at her with her round, twinkling eyes. And Eunha remembers the mole just below her left eyebrow and at her left cheek. Two moles on the face, Eunha checks.

 

The girl seems to calm down, and accepts the situation. That she is now busted. But Eunha doesn't have any intention of reporting her to the authority. After all, the girl is too cute to be inside the metal bars.

 

The train stops again. The person seating beside the girl stands up, and Eunha seize the opportunity to sit, and gets near the girl. She hears the soft sigh.

 

Then they both become silent.

 

Until the girl speaks up.

 

"You know me", she says. Eunha turns to her right. The girl turns to her left, meeting her gaze.

 

"Yes", Eunha tells her the truth.

 

"So am I going to jail?" The girl asks. Eunha hears the crack of the girl's voice. The girl clears while waiting for Eunha to speak.

 

"You know what? I actually have the answer before you even ask", Eunha said. The girl looks confuse, so Eunha continues.

 

"No. You're too cute to be in jail", Eunha ends. She sees the girl smiles, and faces the other way. She's hiding, but Eunha sees the way her ear gets red. Eunha beams. It feels like an achievement for her.

 

Few minutes later, and now they're back to square one. No one dares to look at the sides.

 

The girl busies herself with her handphone. While Eunha is occupied by the thoughts running in her mind.

 

The girl's reaction, it made Eunha felt a tingling sensation inside her. Like it tickled something in her. And she can't stop smiling from it. Up until now. She feels giddy. She feels like floating. It also made the thoughts go away. It made her forget.

 

And then she remembers.

 

Eunha almost forgets her stop.

 

Because of this pretty shoplifter.

 

The train stops. Eunha stands up, and readies herself to get off the platform.

 

But she glances back to her seat, to the girl's direction. The girl is looking at her. There is hesitation in her eyes, or maybe it's disappointment, but nonetheless, Eunha doesn't care.

 

Eunha gets out of the train.

 

But someone dashes beside her, resulting in violently bumping on her shoulder. It hurts. Eunha is ready to lash on them, but its voice stops her from doing so.

 

"You at flirting"

 

It's the girl. The shoplifter. The cute blondie. Apparently, she follows her out of the train. Or maybe this is her stop too. But Eunha likes to think that the reason is because of her.

 

The girl keeps on walking, but in a slower pace. Eunha thinks she's waiting for her. So she follows, and walks beside the blonde girl.

 

"Oh? But I'm sure I made you blush earlier at the train", Eunha challenges.

 

Eunha notices how the other girl towers her. The top of her head only reaches the blonde's jaw. The perfect cuddling height, Eunha thoughts.

 

"Shut up", the girl grumbles. Eunha giggles at her win.

 

They exit the train station. Eunha is suppose to go left, to the bus station nearby, but the girl motions to go to the right. They both stop. No one dares to talk, again. They just look at each other. Eunha should be the first one to say goodbye, but she doesn't want to say goodbye.

 

"Where are you going?", and finally, the girl talks. Eunha heaves a sigh.

 

"To my friend's house", Eunha answers.

 

"Ditch your friend. Come with me", the girl commands.

 

Eunha doesn't need to be told twice.

 

-

 

The afternoon passes with just them playing at the arcade. It's already 3 pm when they decided to grab late lunch, or early dinner, at the fast food chain just around the corner. Eunha pays for their food, because she's the one who has the money between the two.

 

They decided to take a seat at the second floor, near the glass window.

 

"You haven't introduce yourself to me", Eunha blurts when she lays down the tray of food on their table. The girl shrugs at her.

 

"I don't give such information to strangers", the girl says lifelessly. Eunha widens her eyes.

 

"Wow. So I'm still a stranger", Eunha feigned hurt. The girl looks at her, and eventually grins when she sees Eunha's scrunched face.

 

"Yeah", the girl says as she munches on the fries Eunha bought for her.

 

"I can't believe you", Eunha tells, and playfully throws a fries at the girl. The girl laughs while failing to dodge the food.

 

They continue to eat, and talk. Not about personal stuffs. Just what happened at that day. How the girl aces the zombie shooting game. How she almost got the bulbasaur plushie at the crane game. How she misses every shoots on the basketball game. Eunha wishes for that talk to last long.

 

Eunha got carried away by the girl in front of her. By the way the girl looks at her. By the way the girl's mouth moves as she smiles at her. By the way the girl nods her head when Eunha starts to talk. By the way the girl gives the attention she longed for.

 

And then the sunset came, orange sky displays above, then Eunha remembers that she got a home to go back to.

 

"It's getting late", Eunha says as she scurries off her seat. The girl looks worried, but does nothing to stop her. Eunha wishes she would.

 

"Oh. At the train station again?", the girl asks, and Eunha mentally thanked her for asking.

 

"Yeah"

 

"Cmon let's go", the girl stands up too, and they both leave the building.

 

Eunha doesn't remember how, and when, but she feels the girl's hand holding her wrist, and it glides down, sending shivers up to her nape, then it finally holds her hand. She tries to hold it, acting like she's not excited to touch it, but she fails miserably when she's greeted by the other girl's smirk.

 

"By other people's perspective, I look like a mom going to the train with her child", the girl jokes, attacking Eunha and her height. Eunha jabs her with her elbow on her side.

 

"Ouch!"

 

"You deserve it", Eunha said as she tightens her hold on the soft hand.

 

-

 

The trip going home is nerve-wreaking. Eunha realises it now. All of this are wrong. She already has someone. She has Sowon waiting for her at their house. There, Sowon sitting at their couch, watching the television as she waits for her arrival. There she visualizes how she'll jump when the door clicks, and when Eunha opens the door, she'll get engulf with the warmest hug she'll ever receive.

 

But she can't find herself hating this day.

 

"You look troubled", the girl asks her. She turns and looks at the girl who makes her day. The orange hue of the sky shines perfectly on the girl's face, making the girl look like a masterpiece.

 

Eunha feels the dryness of .

 

"We won't be seeing each other again", Eunha mutters. The blonde just smiles at her.

 

"I know I'm irresistible, but we've just spent the day together for just a day", the girl jokes, but Eunha can't find herself laughing at the moment. She just stares.

 

"What's your name?" Eunha whispers, like she's losing her breath. The blonde gazes at her with the same twinkling eyes that Eunha finds herself drowning at.

 

And then, the girl leans in. Eunha completely loses her breath. She closes her eyes, but all of her senses on overdrive. Her skin tingles, her face heats up, and her body shakes. She feels the girl coming closer, and finally she feels her cheek almost touching hers. The lips of the other girl, almost touching her ear.

 

Finally, she says her name.

 

Eunha stops herself from kissing the girl at that moment.

 

-

 

And then she is now at their house.

 

There she feels the guilt. The pain. The stupidness. It hits her, hard, and trying to kill her. She wants to be dead than look at Sowon straight in the eye.

 

She hurries up. Opens the door frantically. The unlocking of the door knob seems so hard as she calms her shaking hands and shoot the proper key at the key hole. It takes her more than a minute to open the door.

 

And there stands Sowon, smiling, as she spreads her arms, waiting for her.

 

All it need is for Eunha to run and hug her.

 

And that's what she does.

 

-

 

 

"Ah"

 

There they lay. Bare. . And limbs entangle.

 

Passion spreads around the room. Moans and blissful cry fills, together with the heat both their body emits. They are both sweating furiously, but nobody minds. They don't mind anything anymore.

 

Their attentions are to each other.

 

Sowon kisses her cheek, moving down to her neck. Nibbling at her soft spot. Sowon knows where with all her heart. And only Sowon knows it. It should be.

 

Eunha crumbles in pleasure when Sowon curls her long digits. She's hitting Eunha's weak spot, another thing that only Sowon knows.

 

"Sowon", she pleads. Sowon moves up and kisses her lips. Eunha reciprocates.

 

Their mouth works with sweetness and a bit of hunger, mostly on Eunha's part. Sowon likes it. She hums, and Eunha cries.

 

"Almost?", Sowon mewls. Eunha can't find her voice anymore, so she just nods. Sowon kisses her cheek again, and this time, her lips never leaves her face.

 

Sowon fasten her pace. Hitting that spot constantly, making Eunha grab anything that's near her, including Sowon's shoulder blades. She grabs her like her life defends on it.

 

And then Sowon just does her thing, that makes Eunha cries her name.

 

And everything is all white. Eunha is shaking so much. She's getting high. Then Sowon pulls herself off her.

 

Eunha's eyes are close. She feels herself getting closer to sleep. But Sowon stops her by asking something.

 

"Who's Yerin?"

 

She feels like an ice cold bucket of water splashes her face.