When I Hold Your Hand

When I Hold Your Hand

 

When I Hold Your Hand.

 

Minhyuk ran through the hallway carrying under his arm a roll of high grade watercolor papers and a box of brushes. In his other hand he held an expensive camera he had borrowed. In his mouth he held the keys to his dorm room.

 

Today was the beginning of a new phase in his life. He had recently got inspired by looking at how the impressionist artists had used oil paints to capture light. He wanted to use inks and watercolor in a similar way to capture light through colours.

 

He had roamed around campus all day clicking pictures of places where he saw interesting light play… he was so excited to start!

 

In his excitement he stopped paying attention and bumped hard into a solid chest, his papers and brushes fell across the floor. 

Minhyuk stumbled back and fell on his but in an attempt to save the camera, which left him sitting on the floor, clutching the precious thing in his hands frowning up at the buff guy staring back at him.

 

The moment their eyes met, minhyuk lost all thoughts of annoyance. It felt like he was looking up at a god. The guy had broad shoulders, his well toned chest lead to strong muscular arms coming out of short sleeves of the white T-shirt he wore. His jeans hung low on his hips. 

He looked like he was a angel sent from heaven personally for minhyuk when he extended his hand to help, soft sun rays framed him in its glow and minhyuk swore he was dreaming.

 

He didn't realise when, but heard the camera click as he involuntarily took a picture of the guy standing before him.

 

The guy only chuckled, extending his hand a bit more waving it in front of Minhyuk. His brown hair reflecting the sunlight making it look soft feathery. 

 

When Minhyuk finally came to his senses after what felt like hours, he realized he had been staring at the guy way longer than what was polite. He felt his face getting hot and knew he was probably as red as a tomato.

 

Taking the guys hand minhyuk stood up still clutching his camera close to his chest. He looked awkwardly around the floor at his supplies all strewn around.

 

“Um…. Sorry about that…” he mumbled, unable to make eye contact with the guy…

“It's not a big deal” said the guy in a voice that was deep and rich and made minhyuk blush harder. 

“Let me help you with that…” the guy continued when Minhyuk moved to pick up his scattered supplies.

After Minhyuk had carefully placed his brushes and papers under his arm again, he reached for his key in the guy's hand…

“Thank you for helping me…” he said in a shy way still not wanting to look at the guy straight in the eye…

“It's no big deal” the guy said handing over the keys. His hand however lingered a little longer as their fingers brushed and Minhyuk felt an electric zap shoot up from his arm throughout his body. He jerked away looking straight at the guy who started back with an expression of shock himself. 

They stood that way for a few seconds, before the trance was broken by another voice shouting “Hyunwoo, we're starting the game, are you coming or not?” 

“Hah, I gotta go…” said Hyunwoo, ruffling the back of his head. He awkwardly started to walk away, then turned around the corner.  After a few steps he realised he hadn't asked the other boys name, retracing his steps he went back to where the minor accident happened to find the hall empty. The beautiful boy with the soft blond and messy hair, and the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen and the rosy lips was nowhere to be seen.

He knew he would regret this. 

He kicked the wall absently, feeling depressed and angry when he saw a small glimmer in the corner. He moved toward the shiny object and picked it up to inspect it. It was a keychain in the shape of a pallet. On it was engraved in a cursive text 'LEE MINHYUK, ROOM 205’

 

Hyunwoo felt his heart this inside his chest, he was not letting this opportunity go. 

“You guys can start without me!” He shouted back at his roommate before moving towards the stairs.