Absolutely Beautiful

The Good Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

I always thought I was a good person, and as a good person, I never really hated anyone. I didn't even hate my cowardly brothers or my abusive father; sure, I didn't like them, but hate was always an unneccessary feeling for me. My father always told me that my forgiving heart was a big flaw and that it just reminded him of my mother. I didn't know my mother well because she passed away when I was young, but I liked to imagine that she was the one who would make me feel like I had family growing up.

I hated the idea of hating someone. Ironic, right? My eyes slowly drifted to the woman across from me at the breakfast table. Park Bom decided to sit next to my husband, and for the past ten minutes, she has been talking to him as if I do not exist. Seunghyun knew that I was irritated at her presence, and when he'd try to include me in the conversation, she would find a way to exclude me.

"Seunghyunnie, you really need to eat all of your food," Bom stated in a high-pitched voice.

That voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me. I have grown to dislike her...no...hate her. I always thought that I didn't have a single bad bone to my body. I always thought that I was a loving person, but Park Bom was the first to make me feel hatred for a person.

I didn't realize that I had pressed my butter knife and fork aggressively against my plate until it made a loud sound. I immediately let go of my utensils and looked at Seunghyun and Bom. Seunghyun looked distraught that I had done such a thing. Bom, on the other hand, seemed as if she was enjoying that I was bothered by her presence.

"Okay, we need to discuss this. It's the elephant in the room," Seunghyun finally sighed. "Noona, you need to find a place of your own soon. It's getting too crowded here."

Bom gasped, "What? How is it getting crowded? You have like 12 bedrooms in this palace you call home."

My husband usually just tolerated Bom; the same went with Jiyong, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was finally telling her to leave.

"Look...Yoona is a very patient person, and it seems you have made her run out of patience, which is an incredible feat because I have never seen her like that," Seunghyun reasoned, "I'll pay for security detail to ease your mind about your husband and a nice hotel or apartment, but I don't know if you can stay here any longer, noona."

I remained speechless as I watched Bom's eyes fill with tears. She stood up from her seat and marched out of the room with clenched fists. I then stared at my husband, who returned to eating his food. I was trying to read him, but I felt like he wasn't letting me.

"What?" he shrugged, “I’m used to her tantrums.  It’s nothing new.”

___________________________

Taeyeon had visited my office to eat lunch with me because Jiyong had to take a client to lunch to discuss business matters.  I told her about Bom’s epic freak out, and she seemed so captivated with every word that came out of my mouth.

“…Then oppa told Bom that she had to leave and that he’d pay for security and a place for her,” I finished.

“Wow,” Taeyeon breathed out, “That’s a huge deal.  You have to understand that Bom, Seunghyun, and Jiyong were really tight as friends since they were young.  Even Jiyong wouldn’t tell her off when I was pissed.  I’m so jealous.”

I began to laugh to see the pout on Taeyeon’s face.  Why would she be jealous?  She married Jiyong for love, and they had a beautiful daughter.  There was nothing to be jealous about.  I did have to giggle at Taeyeon’s exaggeration.

“Well, at least you have a daughter with your husband,” I blurted out.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at me before she broke out into a large grin.

“Ah, does this mean that you’re jealous that I have a baby with my husband?” she smirked, “Yoona, if you want a baby, it’s really easy.  You just have to drink more wine than usual…then boom…you’re pregnant.  At least that’s what happened to me.”

We both burst out laughing at her dirty joke as I covered my face in embarrassment.  Seunghyun and I haven’t talked about it in weeks.  I did want to become a mother, but I didn’t know if it was the right time.  I feel like there was more to him that I didn’t know about.  I wanted to know him more before we made such a big decision.  When we talked about why we didn't have kids yet, I asked him why he chose to marry me.  All he told me was that he didn't believe in love at first sight.  DId that mean that I knew him in the past?  I think I would remember him if I did.  How could you forget such a handsome face?  I knew he was trying to open up to me, but I felt like he was still hiding so much from me.

________________________________

Seunghyun's POV

I was waiting for my wife in the car after she texted me that she'd be about ten minutes late because a meeting had run longer than expected.  I looked down at my phone to see that Bom had sent me an overly dramatic text about how I was abandoning her in her time of need.  I rolled my eyes at the thought.  I hired two guards for her.  I put her in a penthouse in the heart of Gangnam.  What else did she want?  I heard the dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter