All I Ask of You

The Good Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun’s POV

I let myself go crazy with Yoona last night. Yes, she was right that I did go out drinking with my brother and cousins, but I was sober enough to know my actions. I wanted her, and I told her in a blunt way. I knew I was nowhere near romantic when it came to things like that, but that was not who I was. I never tried to make women swoon, and I wasn’t good at talking to Yoona. It really did surprise me that Yoona had not rejected my advances once. I always told her that she has an option. She can say no whenever she wanted, but she never did.

I got up from the bed to see that it was 5 am. The bedroom was still dim and the sun still had not risen. I took the nearest pair of pants I could find on the floor and put it on. I looked over at my wife to see that her body was tangled with the bed sheets. Her hair was splayed lightly on her bare face, and she was sleeping soundly. Whenever we’d have , I already tried to make it so that I was out of bed before she woke up. Jiyong, Daesung, Youngbae, and Seungri always talked about how their wives liked to cuddle after , and I wasn’t cut out for that. Every single time Yoona and I had , I’d leave even earlier for work, and she never said a single word about it.

I was about to walk into the bathroom to take a quick shower until I heard a soft, gentle voice. I halted in my tracks and turned around to see through the dim light that my lovely wife was sitting up while covering her bare chest with a blanket.

“A-Are you going to work?” she stammered.

It was as if she was afraid to ask me that. I simply nodded. I couldn’t see her face clearly, but I knew that she had a disappointed look on her face. She then forced a gentle smile and moved the stray hairs away from her face.

“Okay,” she muttered, “I’ll see you when you get home. Don’t forget it’s your mother’s birthday party tonight. Please don’t be late.”

I nodded again and entered the bathroom closing the door behind me quietly. I knew she wanted more from me, but I just couldn’t do it. I loved my privacy, and although she was my wife, my privacy was something that even I could not share with her.

____________________________________________

Yoona’s POV

Seunghyun’s mother was a very extravagant woman. Her husband died when Seunghyun and Jiyong were just children, and she raised them both to be as successful as they are now. Although she was lavish, she did have a good heart. She didn’t grow up rich, and she only experienced wealth when Seunghyun’s business made a breakthrough. I thought that she would have hated me when she found out that my father set me up with Seunghyun for a mere business deal, but she had been loving to me. It was as if she was my own mother.

I was wearing a long beige colored haltered dress that bared my back. The dressed reached down to the floor, and there was a side slit that exposed my left leg up to my mid thigh. I wore my long hair down, and a makeup artist even came in so that I could get my makeup done. Seunghyun’s mother, Choi Hyeyoung, threw parties that were both extravagant and opulent. Her birthday party was not going to be any different.

The party started at 7 pm, and it was already 6:30 pm. Seunghyun said that he’d try to make it home by 6 pm, but I knew to take that with a grain of salt. He was never on time because something always comes up at the office. I never did scold him for being late though. It would just lead to an argument.

“You’re ready?” I heard a masculine voice behind me.

I looked away from the mirror in front of me and turned to see my husband. He was dressed, and his hair was already fixed. He was wearing a tux with a bowtie and a pair of shiny black shoes. When did he get ready? Did he get home without telling me? He must have. I nervously swallowed and nodded at him.

“Let’s go?” I asked.

I was about to walk past him to get to where the car was parked outside, but he grabbed my hand and stopped me. I then froze as I saw his eyes move up and down as if he could undress me with his eyes.

“You are wearing something really revealing,” he noted flatly.

I didn’t think it was too revealing. I blushed heavily as I looked at my dress. Was it unsuitable for the occasion? Ah, I could not believe that Taeyeon convinced me to wear a dress like this! I started to think about the other dresses that I had in my closet. I had other dresses, but Taeyeon told me they made me look like an ahjumma.

“Maybe I should change,” I blurted out, “I knew this dress is too much.”
I was about to make my way up the stairs but he held onto his grip on my hand.

“There’s no time for that. Let’s go,” he demanded.

____________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

I hated that as soon as we entered my mother’s house, every man we passed looked at Yoona with hungry eyes. I remained possessive by wrapping my arm around her thin waist—something that she was not used to. She wasn’t used to me showing public displays of affection. Honestly, I didn’t know why I was like this. For the past few years, I never really touched her unless we were in the bedroom. I was never the type to hold hands or kiss in public, but here I was being as possessive as ever.

I saw my mother approach us with a happy grin on her face. Yoona immediately gave her a warm embrace with an even bigger smile on her face. My mother loved Yoona, which was something that I was grateful for. In my life, there were only two women: my mother and Yoona. If they didn’t get along, I didn’t know what I would have to do.

“Dear, you look so y,” my mother teased Yoona.

“Ah, umma,” Yoona’s face reddened, “It’s not like that.”
It’s exactly like that. She dressed that way, and everyone was staring at her like she was a piece of meat. I never controlled what Yoona wore nor did I ever try to dictate her decisions, but this was too much. She was more than eye candy for other men. She was my wife for goodness sake.

“I can see why my son loves you so much,” my mother grinned.

Whenever someone told Yoona that I loved her, an uncomfortable look appears on her face. It’s as if she cannot fathom a world where I was supposed to love her. Sure, it was because of my distant habits that she refused to believe those things. It was just odd at how she shuddered when she heard the word love.

____________________________

Yoona’s POV

Seunghyun was never the type to dance. He danced with me at our wedding for less than a minute, and then he claimed that he needed to speak to a business associate and had to leave the dance floor. Yes. My husband left me on the dance floor at the night of our wedding because he said he had to speak to an associate. It was the most pathetic excuse ever.

I sat beside my husband as I watched the couples on the dance floor. Taeyeon and Jiyong were the life of the party. Seungri was there with his wife, Seohyun. I watched Youngbae twirl his wife, Yuri. And Daesung held his wife, Sooyoung, close to him with a goofy grin on his face. Seunghyun didn’t dance, and I didn’t bother to even ask. I ate the birthday cake in front of me quietly as Seunghyun looked around at the room. We had been sitting in silence for the past 20 minutes, and even though many would think this was an unpleasant situation, it was the norm for me. Choi Seunghyun managed to make small talk awkward and silence the most comfortable thing in the world.

“Seunghyun sshi, you never told me that you had such a beautiful wife,” I heard a man’s voice.

Usually, I ignored Seunghyun’s employees and business partners who tried to hit on me. I was not interested in middle-aged men who were married with children. I usually never even took a second look at them. I knew the drill. They’d hit on me, I’d ignore them, and Seunghyun would threaten them. But this time it was different.

My eyes moved to the man before us, and my eyes lit up. He was not a middle-aged man. He was a tall, muscular, and handsome man. His height probably matched my husband’s, and he had this gleam in his eyes. Oh, he was absolutely dreamy. Like my husband, he had black hair, but unlike my husband, he was very talkative and from the looks of it, very charismatic to the ladies.

“My name is Im Yoona,” I introduced myself.

Seunghyun slowly turned to me with wide eyes that I took the initiative to greet him first. I realized what I had done and tried to save it.

“I am Seunghyun’s wife of four years,” I unenthusiastically added.

“My name is Ok Taecyeon,” the man stated, “I am a new business associate of your husband’s. Seunghyun ssh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter