Episode 1

Youth: Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, Hello

 

 

Yoon Chaera, a Business Administration freshman, just got into Seoul like hours ago and she’s stuck in the train station, like she really needs someone to help her. Well, her hometown just takes a long time to get into Seoul by car and she can’t imagine herself getting very early in the morning to take trains and get stuck into the crowd because basically, Seoul is the capital of the country and every morning it’s just a rush hour. So, her parents are getting her to a homey kind of dormitory near the campus, where it’s just a house with remaining bedrooms used for rents. Chaera doesn’t have to be worry because her mom already signed her for four-year staying there. Great, Chaera sighs as she gets off from the train and looks to the address. She’s fortunate because right now she lives in the very modern era where she can just type the address down and it navigates you how to get there.

But, she just brings too many belongings that she hopes her parents would just drive her there but they couldn’t. Her dad works, her mom can’t drive so she takes it by herself. Okay, let’s go. She cheers herself like she always does when there’s nobody really cheering her up. She doesn’t have any close friend, she keeps a safe distance because she thinks there’s no one really want to listen to her story.

And she’s still in the train station. She takes time to sit down first, rests her heart. Her physic is not tired, it’s just her heart. Going into university and taking a business administration is what her mom does to her. Chaera didn’t really want that, she wants to express herself more but at the same time she couldn’t talk back to her mom, it would be a disgrace. But then, she just made up a mind that at least, she should finish this whole damned education and after that, she can choose where she wants to go and what she wants to do in her life. No one involves.

Then, she stands up and drags her suitcase with her. On the other hand, she holds the other bag with her phone. She arrives in the afternoon where there are just few of people and she can move easily. She walks out from the train station, goes downstairs and she just needs to start from here. She looks around and she can feel the difference between Seoul and her hometown. A lot of skyscrapers and it’s more crowded. Just… crowded.

She looks to the navigation on her phone and follows the path. Hope it’s the right way. If she’s stuck again, she just needs to ask people, that’s easy, she thinks. But what she hates the action of talking with stranger. She hates being the center of attention and with what she brings, it’s enough to make people look at her. She starts walking, following the path.

 

 

Ong Sungwoo, a Theatre and Film student, just gets on Seoul earlier than Yoon Chaera. It just takes 2 hours from his home to Seoul, but he wants to live alone, tries to be responsible for himself and his mom supports him. So, he applied to be into that dormitory. He’s in rush, just because he wants to get there fast and settles his things, and meets new people. He likes to make people laugh, he likes to cheer people up and so, he’s a bit noisy and active.

He walks fast, almost runs. He wears his backpack and holds a bag; he doesn’t bring a suitcase because it’s too complicated for him. He just wants simplicity. And because he jogs, he bumps into someone. It’s crowded and he can’t see whom he bumps into as he turns to make sure the victim is okay, but the crowd is pushing him forward so he unintentionally has to leave that someone there.

Chaera falls down. She’s bumped by a young man. Her suitcase falls, her phone almost hits the floor but she can save it as she dives and it makes her falling down, plus with the weight of the bag she holds. She grunts and sighs. Who is it? She takes a look to the front and finds that person is just looking at her without helping. How irresponsible. She hates this kind of person. She remembers his feature, a dark brown hair with a handsome face that looks like an actor. Handsome but irresponsible. She puts her phone on her pocket and she stands up and settles her things. She makes up her mind to not involve with that person ever again. And she continues searching that house.

Sungwoo is near and he can see the person in front of him is looking for a house. Is he…? He wonders and he’s brave enough to pick a conversation. “Excuse me,” Sungwoo says in a very hearable sound.

That person stops and turns to look at him. “Yeah?” he answers carefully.

“Are you looking for a house?” Sungwoo says and that person raises his eyebrows. Sungwoo looks to the baggage he brings and that person notices and nods. “Are you a student as well?” Sungwoo says.

That person furrows his eyebrows as he encounters a person who is maybe in familiar age with him, and that person brings baggage as well. “Yes, I’m a student at H University,” he says politely with a smile.

“Oh, I’m a student there too!” Sungwoo says and that person greets him with his happy face. “Nice to meet you,” Sungwoo offers a handshake. “I’m OngSungwoo, a freshman in Theatre and Film department of H University.”

That person takes that hand, “Oh! I’m a freshman too in the same department as you!” and their handshake is going so excitingly because Sungwoo does that, he’s too happy. “I’m Hwang Minhyun, nice to meet you!” Minhyun says. Minhyun has a black hair with bangs on his forehead. He comes from Gyeongsang Province but Sungwoo doesn’t know that because his accent is not really heard as he speaks in Seoul accent so fluently, it’s because his mom is from Seoul and he grows up hearing his mom speaking in that accent so he can speak both accent very well. “Where is your address?” Minhyun asks about the same thing.

“Oh,” Sungwoo remembers and he shows a piece of small paper with the address written there.

“Oh!” Minhyun exclaims as he reads the writing. “It’s the same as mine!” he’s surprised and Sungwoo is surprised as well.

“Wow, great!” both of them are excited. “Wow, wow, wow!” Sungwoo gives his big expression of all time and Minhyun is flustered at first, but he joins him later. They jumps in joy and an old man stares at them strangely, they notice and they stop.

“We’re too excited,” Minhyun says with a little laugh. Both of them bow politely to that old man as they say sorry. “Well, let’s go there together then,” Minhyun says. “We’re close enough.”

“Oh yeah?”Sungwoo asks making sure.

“Yeah,” he assures him as he shows the navigation on his phone. Yeah, it’s close. “Okay, let’s go.”

They arrive 10 minutes later in front of a two-story house. It’s a simple house and it’s homey. The house is covered with brown bricks and a white painting on the fence, the pillar, the stair. It has a small backyard, but there’s no garage as they see a car is parked in front of the house. “I hope this place is good,”Sungwoo says as he’s looking to the house.

“Yeah, I hope so too,” Minhyun agrees and he rings the bell as they wait to be opened. Sungwoo is nervous on what kind of person he will meet since he hasn’t met them before. Minhyun already met the owner and Minhyun can say to Sungwoo it’s a family there, the owner is good.

Kang Hareum, a student in Sociology department, hears the bell and she walks fast to the intercom to see who it is. She’s the owner’s daughter. Originally, her parents decided to open a dormitory for freshmen since their house has four empty bedrooms. Hareum and her older brother by five years, Haneul, welcomed that idea as they hoped the atmosphere will be lively. And Hareum wants to have new friends. She takes this as a chance to make friends before college starts.

“Oh! New people!”Hareum says it loud as she opens the door for them. She talks in the intercom, “Come in!” she says.

Haneul is walking out from his bedroom, is annoyed by his sister’s voice. He walks to her and pokes her head slightly. “Don’t talk so loud! You’re waking me up,” he says and he goes to the kitchen to get so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter