three

fabricated
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Do I just leave the contracts over here?"

After focusing on his computer screen for the past few hours, Jisoo blinked his eyes a couple of times before looking up at Wonwoo, who held a stack of papers which seemed to measure an inch.

"Yes, put them down here." He pointed as he nodded, trying to stifle a yawn. "Are you going to stay behind again, Wonwoo? It's Saturday, and you know well that it is voluntary to come today."

The latter chuckled. "You know I will. It's the busiest part of the month, so why wouldn't I come today?" Wonwoo paused before he spoke again. "But Jisoo, you look tired. Actually, very tired. Are you getting enough sleep like usual?"

Before he could habitually nod again, the brunette slowly answered, "If I think about it, I'm sleeping a little uneasy." Jisoo frowned. "And I don't know why."

Wonwoo seemed to be immersed in his thoughts as he made Jisoo continue explaining how unusual things were in his apartment. Once the older was done talking, Wonwoo seemed to arrive at some conclusion.

"Hey, hyung, remember the other day when Jun and I came up to you that morning and talked about the dog?" Jisoo nodded. "Don't you think any of your suspicions and symptoms relate to it? You told us you were allergic to fur and whatnot, which means there might be a critter around your area, or maybe, even in your house."

It finally clicked—it was his allergies. Why didn't he notice sooner? Jisoo swore at himself (which he never does unless absolutely necessary) that he was dumb with his intuitions in the end.

"I think I know what's going on." The brunette leaned back into his chair with a sudden serious look on his face. He in a big breath before looking at his now puzzled co-worker. "Thanks for the help, Wonwoo, you can go back now."

"Alright...good luck with whatever it is."

He needed to find out whatever the two were hiding from them in the apartment. Yes, he was going to invade their privacy the next time he suspects something is weird. He knew it was going to be a dog, according to evidence from the past few days. Jeonghan had been talking to himself a lot. The blond always has a closed door—most of the time the door was locked when he's in there. Seungcheol had been very giddy and perky whenever Jisoo and Jeonghan would leave for work early. Who wouldn't notice? (Well, Jisoo didn't for five days.) The three of them never really had "privacy" because they were always so comfortable with each other, but nowadays, they were keeping to themselves a lot.

And Hong Jisoo was going to expose them.

 

 

How does it feel like to be betrayed the second time?

As Jisoo was home watching some drama on the television that evening, he glanced at Jeonghan who was striding into his room after cleaning the dishes in the kitchen (it was his turn today). The brunette saw this as a chance to go spy on the older. He didn't care about Seungcheol since the raven-haired man was doing god-knows-what in his room.

Jisoo tiptoed over to Jeonghan's door, which was a teensy bit ajar. Why didn't he close it? The younger positioned himself at an angle to take a look at Jeonghan, who was cuddling with a white dog.

The brunette quickly moved his face from the door, his breathing all erratic. Wonwoo was right—the fur, the smell, the barks, his allergies had all led to one thing: the dog. Jisoo expected more unusual behavior since it was a dog, but surprisingly, the creature was not feisty nor too conspicious.

He took another peek, only to see the blond getting up from his bed. Panicking at this rate, Jisoo scurried as quickly and quietly as he could to the living room couch. He had put on his I'm-watching-TV expression by the time Jeonghan had stepped out and closed his door.

"'Shua, I'm gonna buy something quick downstairs. Anything you'd like?" Jeonghan glanced at the younger.

"No thanks." The blonde nodded.

Once Jeonghan left the apartment, Jisoo his stealth mode again. He opened Jeonghan's door for real this time (thank God that you couldn't lock the doors from the outside) and stepped inside. The brunette looked at the furry marshmallow creature again, who was sleeping on the bed. He felt a sneeze coming in though, but he managed to hold it in the first time.

The second time—well, he simply couldn't have held it in. Jisoo had sneezed loudly enough for the dog to wake up from its light slumber.

"Arf, arf, arf!"

As the dog loudly barked at Jisoo, who was pretty much dumbfounded himself, footsteps thundered throughout the apartment floor. By the time they stopped, the entrance of Jeonghan's door was covered by Seungcheol's broad figure.

"Jisoo..." Once the name slipped from Seungcheol's mouth, the dog stopped barking and ran towards him in circles. This time, Seungcheol didn't bother with the dog and moved closer to his roommate.

Jisoo slowly turned his head towards the shocked older man. The brunette's eye no longer glowed their natural glow nor was his face happy in any way. His crestfallen expression and silence couldn't have said more than they already did.

After a moment to recover from what was happening, Seungcheol spoke up. 

"...I'm sorry, Jisoo, the whole thing was my fault."

"The whole thing?"

"...Yeah."

The two stood in silence as the front door opening and closing could be heard. The noisy ruffles of the plastic bag were getting louder by the second until the contents in it dropped onto the floor once they arrived at the waiting scene. Seungcheol glanced at Jeonghan from the door with a look that said, Tada, the secret is exposed. The blonde's eyes widened in horror as the scene was unraveled before him.

"I–I...oh my gosh, Jisoo, I'm so sorry, my stupid had to agree with Seungcheol on this—" Jeonghan choked and stammered out, while getting interrupted by a "hey!" by Seungcheol himself, "—and I didn't know what to do so we ended up keeping it a secret." His hand was flying all over the place as he tried to explain himself, but nothing he did wavered Jisoo's expression at all.

Slightly glaring at Jeonghan's panicked mode, Seungcheol put a hand on Jisoo's shoulder. "Look, I'm incredibly sorry for causing all of this, Jisoo, but in the end, it's really both of Jeonghan's and my fault for not telling you."

After a few seconds of no verbal response, Jisoo finally gazed at his two roommates properly. "You know what, let's talk about this tomorrow."

Clearly, he was very upset at them. Seungcheol and Jeonghan shared a quick glance as the brunette's skinny figure left the room silently. Their consequences were expected and they had come sooner than the

Please log in to read the full chapter