two

fabricated
Please log in to read the full chapter

"ARF!"

Jisoo's eyes opened in a millisecond. What was that? Some random barking of a dog had woken him up—that's what he thinks—and the sound didn't seem too far away since it was pretty loud. He proceeded to rub his eyes and read the clock. 4:28 A.M.

Did he dream? Or was it some puppy outside the apartment building? Jisoo silently cursed to himself primarily because he was a light sleeper and had at least two hours before he needed to wake up. None of the lights in the apartment were at this hour and there wasn't a single soul who wouldn't want to be disturbed right now either.

"Arf!" Ah, so it was some random dog. Jisoo glanced at the window from his bed. It was halfway shut because of the summer heat that have been making everyone sweat this past week and the man himself was slightly sweating despite the fan that was directed at him.

Deciding that some mere dog should not interrupt his sleep, Jisoo sang soft song to himself before he fell asleep again.

 

 

"ARF!"

On the other hand, Jeonghan had been jolted awake too. He mentally cursed at himself for having to take care of the dog, which he offered himself upon, while groaning and stretching on his bed. As he sat up, the dog barked two more times, making him glare at the dog in a menacing way.

Pon-pon-ie, or whatever the hell its name was, met eyes with Jeonghan and seemed to register that it should not be making noise. Can dogs even know humans' feelings? Whether it did or not, the puppy ignored that it was in trouble, jumped on the man's bed, and made a spot for itself besides the sluggish Jeonghan. Sighing, the man petted the animal's head. The blonde was grateful that this dog was peculiarly very obedient. He didn't know how old the dog was nor the gender it was since he didn't even know how to calculate it. They couldn't possibly bring the dog to the vet without a warranty—was it that? Heck, they were taking care of a dog illegally if Jeonghan should say.

At least this is better than Seungcheol having to deal with this.

 

 

On Seungcheol's side, the man did not budge from his deep sleep.

 

 

The next morning, a sleep-deprived Jeonghan and a tired Jisoo came outside of the building after their daily morning routine. The two always left at the same time because their jobs started around the same time. Jeonghan was a wedding planner of sorts and Jisoo was a marketer in a business company. How did these two different people meet? Let's save that for later.

The older of the two bid a farewell to the other as soon as he saw his bus approaching the stop. The place Jeonghan worked in was not too far or not too near and was manageable to travel to by bus as there was a stop quite literally in front of the shop. The man watched the bus halt to a stop, scanned his bus card once he got inside, and nonchalantly sat on a single seat.

Meanwhile, Jisoo walked towards the train station, where it would bring him deeper and faster into the city of Seoul. The company he worked in was massive—how lucky he was to get a position as a staff in the marketing section! Jisoo loved his job, no doubt, but sometimes he wishes that he could take a week off trather han travelling to branch cities to make negotiations with others. All the travelling was solely for business purpose, so he never got to experience a city's beauty. Speaking of business travels, he was leaving next week for Tokyo, which was in a week, and he had forgotten to mention it to his roommates. He made a mental note for himself to do so through text later or maybe after work today. Walking into the crowded train car, he was engulfed in the everyday work life again.

 

 

As Seungcheol woke up from his beauty sleep, the man found no one in the house as usual, but then he realized that there was someone waiting for him.

And that was of course, Bong-bong-ie.

The puppy had barked happily when Seungcheol came into Jeonghan's room as it had also waken up around the same time as him, and slobbered the man's face with messy random when the latter picked it up. Seungcheol groaned when he touched it after—it was disgusting, he had to admit—but he was satisfied with this dog he can take care of. The man got ready for his own job, not forgetting to lay out some food and water for Bong-bong-ie in the process.

"Pee on the pads, alright?" Seungcheol faced the dog as he patted it on the head. "And eat if you're hungry. Be a good boy, Bong-bong-ie." The black-haired man got up from his crouched-down position by the front door, earning a bark from the puppy. He didn't know if the dog was a boy or girl, so he just assumed that it was a boy. He was curious to what its gender actually was.

Seungcheol closed the door behind him, and like any other working man, went to work.

 

 

Have you ever wondered how it feels to be betrayed? Or rather, stolen from?

Hong Jisoo has, as he screams for Seungcheol (and Jeonghan), finding the empty container of sausage snacks, that he briefly saw yesterday in the fridge, in the trash can along with the sausage covers. [img src]

Seungcheol and Jeonghan come running into the kitchen, scared for their lives, thinking if the youngest had seen the dog. Unfortunately, that was impossible because the dog was in Jeonghan's room before he came sprinting out. The man made sure to close the door behind him, so what was the fear he held?

It was the dog who barked in response to Jisoo's cry. How unlucky were they.

But since everything had happened in the spur of the moment, Jisoo was too focused on the sausages. Yes, he heard the dog, but he didn't care because one of his two roommates ate all of the sausages that he didn't get to touch.

"Which one of you ate the sausages?!" Jisoo swung his pointed index finger at Seungcheol and Jeonghan. "I didn't even get to eat them! How did they disappear within one day?!" He cried out.

"Calm down, 'Shua," Jeonghan cooed although it was impossible because Jisoo couldn't really deal not having his favorite snack next to him. "We can go to the convenience store and buy them."

"B-But! Who ate all of them?!" Jisoo knew he was being stubborn, but he needed to know who the culprit was. "How hungry were one of you to finish all of them?!"

What a nice way to say "How selfish were you?!", Jeonghan thought. He then tried to speak. "It was m—"

"It was me, Jisoo." Seungcheol interrupted Jeonghan. "I was hungry before you came home so I ate everything...I'm sorry." Seungcheol casted his face down, even though it wasn't the truth. Jeonghan noticed how the other was doing a good job hiding the dog, and he silently applauded Seungcheol for that. The older man

Please log in to read the full chapter