Cake

Confession

 

 

 

I swear all of my plans seem to fail. Why is it so hard to confess to Lisa? It's like the heaven and earth are against me confessing to the girl. What did I do in my past life to deserve this cruelty? Come to think of it, Last last week, I prepared something spectacular but unexpected things just have to happen:

 

 

 

"What are you doing, Chaengie?" Jennie asked me as soon as she entered my room. Everything is all set, the banner, candles, food and me, all I need to do is to wait for Lisa to come home.

 

"Ohhh, I'm gonna confess to Lisa, AGAIN." I replied not even paying her any of my attention, can't blame me, I just want everything to be perfect. I can smell that this time it'll be successful!

 

"Still not giving up, ey?"  I can hear teasing with her tone. I turned around to face her, and I was right, her smirk says it all. If she's not here to help, then it's better if she just leaves the room. 

 

"Hey! Hey! I could help you, you know!" I keep on shoving her out of my room, "No, you're not! You'll gonna tease me."

 

*CLOSES DOOR* 

 

*SIgh* I wonder where's Lisa and manager unnie? I'm just going to call them later--

 

"I'M HOME!" OH! That's Lisa, they're early. it's only 10 AM. Weird.

 

I run as fast as I could to the living room and was met by Lisa and our manager. She never went up here when she drop any of the members home. I wonder what's wrong?

 

"Chaeng, you need to go the studio, right now. You'll have a demo to record."  WHAT?! All of a sudden? What about my plans? The food's gonna spoil by the time I get back home. I didn't get to protest because our manager drags me out of the dorm.

 

"LISA! Don't sleep yet, please! I need to tell you something!"  I hope she heard it.

 

 

By the time I came back, it's already 1 in the morning! Please be up yet, Lisa! 

 

I went to her room, and she'salready sleeping soundly.

 

I then hurriedly went to my room to check everything. And to my disappointment, the food is slowly eaten by ants, the candles are all melted, everything ruined. Good thing the candles didn't set the dorm on fire! The only thing that is worth keeping is the banner. My effort. All wasted. I wanna cry! 

 

 

 

 

I woke up with a heavy feeling. *sigh* What now? Maybe I should grab breakfast first, I bet the members are all up--

 

"Goodmorning, Chaen--! WOAH! What happened to your room?" Lisa barged into my room without even knocking, not that I'm not used to it, but all of days she decides to barge in today. Nice!

 

"Oh, I-I, I was just trying something last night. I fell asleep so..." I'm such a bad liar. 

 

"You shouldn't let the candles unattended. What if something caught the fire from the candles? Be careful next time, okay? Anyway, hurry and wash up, let's eat breakfast!" Did she really buy it? Wow! I must be getting good at lying. Wait, that's not good, "By the way, it's great that you love yourself! Fighting!"

 

What? "...you love yourself.."? What does she mean by tha--

 

 

 

 

. *face-palm*

 

 

 

 

The banner that is still hanging on my wall says, "I love you Chaeng"  I forgot to put a hyphen before my name. GOOD JOB, SELF! WELL DONE! -_- 

 

 

 

 

 

That incident isn't the worst one yet. There's still more! It was Sunday and of course, Jisoo unnie will be MC-ing for Inkigayo together with Jinyoung of GOT7 and Doyoung of NCT. Before Jisoo unnie could leave for her work that day, I asked her a huge favor:

 

 

"Unnie! Unnie!" I shouted a little too loud near Jisoo and Jennie unnie's ear because I gain a glare from both of them. Ooopsy, I forgot Jennie unnie could be a little sensitive whenever it's Chunday! You're asking why? Well, who wouldn't? When you know YOUR GIRLFRIEND will be working with TWO GUYS. Anyway...

 

"Chaeng, we're not deaf!" Jennie unnie glanced at me then immediately went back to clinging unto Jisoo unnie's whole being. I am not exaggerating things. The only thing missing is Jennie unnie wrapping both her feet around Jisoo unnie's waist and people will mistake her for a koala.

 

"Jisoo unnie, please, could you do me a huge favor? Pretty, please?" I clasp my hands together, placed it near my heart and did a puppy eyes. I hope this works.

 

"What's in it for us?" Jennie unnie being the one to answer. Wait, she's not going to be the one doing the favor, why is she butting in? 

 

"Err- I'll reserve you guys a date in a restaurant in Hongdae!" Shutting my eyes closed, I waited for their answer. 

 

 

"DEAL!"

 

 

"Okay, remember, Chaeng. I will be saying it by the end of the show. Don't let your chance blew away." She pointed her index finger to me as if I'm Dalgom, aish! 

 

"Yes, unnie! Thank you so much!" I squeezed her into a hug which made Jennie unnie scowl. Sorry!

 

~

 

Jennie unnie and I prepared some snacks to watch Jisoo unnie on Inkigayo. I don't know if Jennie unnie's quiet because she's just nervous for her girl since it's live program or she's quiet because her jealousy is starting to shallow her. I left her in the living room to call Lisa. 

 

She's currently curled up under her blanket. This ball of fluff is making me wanna join her and cuddle her up to sleep, "Hey, Lisa, Inkigayo's about to start. Come on!" I cheerfully asked her removing the blanket and slightly shaking her shoulders.

 

"Eeeeh, call me up when she messes her script." Wow, this girl has the laziest in the entire world. 

 

"Come on! She told me she prepared something special for you." I pulled both her amrs to make her sit up. She's so heavy, by the way.

 

~

 

"This better be worth it." Lisa whispered afraid that Jennie unnie might heard her complains, we wouldn't want a World War III, would we? 

 

"It is. Trust me." I held her hands for a brief time. I dont want her to feel my cold and sweaty hands. 

 

~

 

Inkigayo is coming to an end. Just one more commercial then they'll be going to announce the winner for this week. So to my right, Jennie unnie is still wearing her resting- face while on my left, Lisa is busyly munching on her popcorn. And here comes the moment I've waiting for, Jisoo unnie's face is once again on the screen. 

 

Jennie unnie leaned to me and whispered, "Goodluck!" She then puts on a small smile.

 

Jisoo: Please, stay with us till the end of the show!

Doyoung: I am really curious of what you're going to say later!

Jisoo: You need to wait! First, let's announce the winners. Jinyoung-ssi?

Jinyoung: Yes--

 

Lisa stoop up from her seat and went to the bathroom without a warning! Why does she have to go to the bathroom now?!

 

"YAH! LALISA MANOBAL! GET YOUR BACK IN HERE!" Jennie unnie shouted, that startled me.

 

"This can't wait, unnie!!! I really really need to pee!" Gaaaaah, I can already see things happening. This one is already a failure. ._.

 

Doyoung: So, what is it that you're going to say?

Jinyoung: Yeah, Jisoo-ssi, what is it you're going to tell your members?

Jisoo: Lisa-yah, if you are watching this, please listen to Chaeyoung's confession! She wants to tell you something! Nyeonan, yeorobun! Congratulations to the winner! 

Jinyoung & Doyoung: Annyeong! 

 

"You are so dead, Lisa!" Jennie walked out of the living room and headed inside her room. I'm scared of what Jennie unnies could do to my Lisa. 

 

Yup, everything's ruined again. Sorry, Jisoo unnie, I wasted all your efforts. It must be really hard to ask permission to PD-nim about the plan. *SOBS*

 

"What did I miss?" Just on cue, Lisa showed up, "Whaaaaaat? It ended already? What was the announcement about?" 

 

"Nothing, Lisa. Just go back to sleep!" 

 

~

 

Later that night, I was scrolling through ch+ app. My feed is full of questions, almost every Blinks are asking "what confession is Jisoo refferring to?",  "Is it a love confession?", "What happened at the dorm?", "Someone, please updatae us!" etc. I don't have the energy to clarify anything to anyone and I don't have the energy to face my members, especially Lisa. She must've seen everything by now. 

 

 

I was just about to close the app when something caught my eyes.

 

 

*****: Lisa-yah, how did it feel like, when Chaeng confessed to you? 

Lisa: What? What confession? I'm confused...

Jennie: It's because you're gay, Lisa Manobal!

Jisoo: LISAPABO!

 

 

Oh no, this will never end.

 

 


 

 

Alot more failures came the next coming days, but nothing will beat my last confession to Lisa:

 

 

This is it. This will be the final confession I'm going to plan. If this still fail, I'm giving up and I won't try anymore. I'm finishing the final touches for the cake I made for Lisa. I still remember I promised her a birthday cake that I baked. And I'm fulfilling it now. I put the cake inside the pink box. I'm heading back home with manager unnie dropping me off.

 

"I'm home!" I announced the moment I stepped inside. For the 6 years of being friends with Lisa, I am guessing she's inside her room, doing whatever childish things she could think of. Or probably watching ransom videos on YouTube.

 

The first person to approach me is Jisoo unnie, "Did you bake it? Does it taste good? Can I have a bite?" Wow. She sure have good insticts when it comes to food. 

 

"No, unnie. We'll wait for Lisa. Could you call her for me, please?" I went to the kitchen to light some candles I hid under the table.

 

"Chaeng, can I be your girlfriend instead? I'll love you with all my heart, just promise me you'll surprise me everyday." Jennie unnie popped out of nowhere. If Jisoo unnie heard her, she'll be the one surprising Jisoo unnie everyday for the rest of her life.

 

"You better be careful unnie, you don't want to sleep on the couch forever, do you?" We both laughed imaining how Jisoo unnie will throw all her clothes right on her face.

 

"I was just kidding. Everyday is a surpise for me, knowing that Jichu's my grilfriend." Oh God, I think I'm gonna puke at how cheesy her statement was.

 

We heard Jisoo and Lisa bickering in the hall way. Lisa's probably complaining, we all know how stubborn she gets.

 

"Unnie! I was watching the cat playing with the strings! What's so important that you have to drag me out my room?" Lisa's voice echoed inside the room, she's must be upset that her alone time was interrupted.

 

"Just get your in here, Lisa!" Jennie shouted her lungs out. By the way, this is our everyday lives inside the dorm. 

 

"What is it--" We are standing face to face, her eyes scanned the whole kitchen before it met mine. Our two unnies were standing near the fridge. 

 

"Lisa-yah, I'm gonna tell you something...remember when I told you I'll bake you a cake for your birthday?" I am now looking on the box I'm holding, "Well, here it is..."

 

I slowly held my hands out while walking towards her when suddenly...

 

 

 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

 

 

 

 

I tripped by my own foot. My entire face filled with icing because the clumsy me have to land on the cake...what are the odds.

 

"Chaeng, are you okay?" They helped me stood up from the floor, "Let's go to the bathroom and wipe your face clean. Come on!" 

 

 

 

Yup, the was the last time I tried to confess to her. I will never do it again! TT-TT

 

 

 

 

 

-----