Please Stay with Me: Holding On

Please Stay with Me

 

a/n: okay... so i finally finished this ^^ i hope you'll like it ^^ even though i think this might be fail -__- this is purely my imagination, well, the part where Kyu though in a comatose can dream.... well, just forgive me if its stupid... >.< and i made this into a three shot, i didn't realize that it was too long... so well...

 

Kyuhyun stared at the same place he’s been for the longest time he can imagine. He was sick of the place, he was in a familiar place that he can’t remember.

 

“Where the am I?” he said in frustration.

 

He walked the whole place in his whole stay. The place was beautiful he had to admit, the cool breeze that the grass and trees sway with. The place was heavenly. But there was something about it. He just can’t remember what.

 

Sometimes, he would hear faint voices. But sometimes they would become clear, especially the girl’s voice who he constantly hears and calls his name. He hears her soft words that she always would tell to someone, and sometimes he hears her screaming and crying. He knew that he knows that girl very well.

 

He wanted so badly to get out of the place and find that person. He has this big hole in his heart that he knows no one can fill until he finds the girl.

 

But, how can he find her when he’s trap?

 

&&

 

Sooyoung enters again the hospital, as usual, the nurses greeted her. And she proceeds to her husband’s room.

 

It has been approximately six months since the accident. Kyuhyun is still in the hospital and he still hasn’t woken up yet. The bill in the hospital is also rising up. She couldn’t accept more of her brother’s money. She thought of working again, but of course her brothers were against it.

 

“No, Soo. I don’t think you’re ready yet.” Donghae said.

 

Eunhyuk nodded. “Yeah, I agree with Hae. Don’t worry about the bill, we’ll take care of it.” He said and smiled at her. “Okay?”

 

She smiled, her brothers are always so very supportive and always there to help her. She was thankful and blessed to have brothers like them. She promised them that she’ll pay them back someday.

 

She entered Kyuhyun’s room and was startled to see someone she didn’t recognize beside him.

 

“E-excuse me, who are you?” she asked.

 

The lady turned and looked at her. It was Kyuhyun’s younger sister, Yoona.

 

Sooyoung gasps, it was years when she last saw her. She didn’t expect that she’d see her again. She and Yoona didn’t have much of a good relationship in the past.

 

“You’re so surprised to see me, Sooyoung.” She said. “You didn’t expect that I’d visit my brother?” she asks her in a rude tone.

 

Sooyoung didn’t like her tone, but she ignores it. “Uhm, no, I expected it.” She said.

 

‘I expected it in the last six months.’ She thought.

 

“Hmph.” She said, then looked at her brother again.

 

The two were silent, feeling each other’s presence. Sooyoung was startled when Yoona spoke.

 

“You know, my brother could’ve had a good future. If he just followed my father’s wish, to work in the company and marry Seohyun. All would’ve been a happy ending.” She said, turning to her and glared.

 

Sooyoung wasn’t afraid of her, she looks at Yoona straight in the eyes. “Your brother has the freedom to choose whatever he wants, to choose his own happiness.” She said firmly.

 

Yoona laughs sarcastically, “Happiness? Is he happy now? Do you see him smiling now? Huh?” she said.

 

Sooyoung didn’t answer her.

 

Yoona approach her, says something in a very cold voice. “Tell me Sooyoung, has my brother ever been happy with you?”

 

Suddenly, the door opens and Sunny and Sungmin comes in. “Soo, we brought you breakfast--” they stopped when they saw Yoona.

 

“Oh, you have visitors.” She said, smiled at them sarcastically. She turned back to Sooyoung and leans in to whisper something.

 

“Enjoy your time with my brother… while you still can.” She said, then walks to the door and exits the room.

 

The three were silent after. Sunny and Sungmin looks at Sooyoung, who didn’t move.

 

Sooyoung froze in her place, Yoona’s cold words frightened her. This also happened a long time ago. She felt scared at what Yoona could do again.

 

“Soo, are you okay?” Sunny touched her softly.

 

“Uhh, yes. I’m o-okay Sunny.” She said nervously. Then she sits down at the chair beside Kyuhyun.

 

“What did Yoona--” Sungmin started t ask, but Sooyoung interrupted him.

 

“I-it’s nothing Min. I don’t want to talk about it.” She said.

 

Nobody said a word after. Sunny and Sungmin could feel trouble brewing. And they were scared for their best friend, Sooyoung.

&&

 

It was nighttime and Sooyoung was still in the hospital. She persuaded her brothers and Sunny and Sungmin that she’ll be the one to accompany Kyuhyun that night, and also for the following nights.

 

She isn’t doing it because of what Yoona said, but because she wants to be at her husband’s side when he wakes up. Though she was still bothered by what she said, and scared of what could happen.

 

‘What could she be up to…’ she thought.

 

She dismisses the thought as she just gets stressed by it. She drew a deep breathe then looks at her husband.

 

She smiled, “Kyuhyun, honey… how are you?” she chuckled, “What am I saying, of course you’re not okay…” she said.

 

“I wanted to ask you again… when are you coming back?” she smiled weakly. “I’m still waiting… you know that right? I’m not going to give up. Wake up soon, okay?” she smiled and leaned in to kiss his forehead.

 

“Goodnight honey…” she said and falls asleep on the chair.

 

&&

 

Kyuhyun once again hear the girl’s voice. She spoke softly, like an angel. But her voice seems sad. And he didn’t like it.

 

He stood up, wandering around the place again. Then he reaches a spot in the middle. He didn’t know why, but every single time he found himself at that spot, he knew he did something there, with someone.

 

He sat down. And as he expected, he sees vague memories flashing before him.

 

“Aish, always these unclear memories…” he mumbled.

 

He concentrates very hard and just focuses on the memories. He had to see, he had to remember what they are. He closes his eyes. And unexpectedly, the memories, one by one became clear in his mind.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah! Yah! I’m going to kill you when I catch you!!”

 

“Aww, oppa~ I’m hungry… let’s eat!”

 

“Kyu, are you okay?”

 

“Honey! I’m baaack!”

 

“I love you, Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

Kyuhyun’s tears were falling down his face. He remembers her soft skin, her face, her sweet smile. It was her, it was his Sooyoung.

 

But again, he thought of what happened. Nothing.

 

Where was he? What’s he doing there?

 

Nothing, he doesn’t know.

 

Suddenly he hears someone walking not far from him. He immediately stood up to see who it was.

 

He’s shocked and at the same time happy at was he was seeing. It was Sooyoung.

 

He ran to her, but he noticed that she was beginning to fade. ‘Wait!’

 

“Sooyoung!” he screamed.

 

But it was too late. Sooyoung vanished.

 

He fell to his knees and looks at the place where his wife just walked.

 

“Soo…”

 

&&

 

Sooyoung woke up by the constant ringing of her phone. She immediately answers it.

 

“Y-yeoboseyo?” she mumbled sleepily.

 

“Soo, it’s Eunhyuk.” The caller at the other end answered.

 

“Oh, Oppa… what is it? You just interrupted my sleep…” she said. ‘And my dream…’

 

“What? I can’t say goodbye to my little sister?” he said.

 

Sooyoung stopped for a second, then she realized that her brother is going back to the states again, but this time, he won't be coming back for long.

 

“Omo! Oppa! I’m so sorry.” She said.

 

“It’s okay Soo, I know you must be tired.” He chuckles at the other end. Then his voice becomes serious. “Soo, please promise me that you won’t tire yourself much, okay? Don’t make oppa worry. Don’t worry, Kyuhyun will still wake up. I’ll be praying for you both.” He said, “And please follow Hae’s orders.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, her brother is really kind, and she was really thankful that she has a brother like Eunhyuk. “Thank you very much oppa. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Please take care oppa, I hope you have a safe flight back to the states.” She said. "I'll miss you again, badly." she added.

 

“I will. And I'll miss you too. I'll come back before you know it. Well, you should be getting back to sleep now. Bye Sooyounggie.” He said.

 

“Goodbye oppa.” She said, then hung up.

 

She put her phone on the table and smiled. She really is blessed in having Eunhyuk and Donghae as her older brothers. She looks at her husband, suddenly she remembers the dream she had before Eunhyuk called.

 

‘It was Kyuhyun… it was really him…’ she thought.

 

She tries to sleep again, although she wasn’t sure if she would see him again in her dreams. She had to try.

 

“I want to see you…” she said softly and falls asleep again.

 

&&

 

Sooyoung finds herself at the park again. She wonders if she’d see him there again.

 

‘You’d have to find out for yourself Sooyoung…’ she told herself.

 

“K-kyuhyun-ah!” she said, but it was not that loud to be heard by someone.

 

She takes a deep breath and screamed, “Kyuhyun-ah!!”

 

She looked and waited. Nothing.

 

She tried again, “Kyuhyun-ah!!”

 

Still nothing. Then she laughs, “What am I doing anyway. Of course he’s not here. If he was, then he should be hugging me right now.” She mumbled, crying.

 

Suddenly, she felt arms hugging her from behind. She turned and saw who she wants to see, Kyuhyun.

 

“K-kyu? Honey?” she asks, holding him, caressing his face. “I-is that really you?” she asks, her tears falling uncontrollably.

 

“Yes.” Kyuhyun buried himself at Sooyoung neck, he hugs her tightly. “Yes, it’s really me Soo…”

 

Sooyoung hugged him back. All the longing she felt, was gone, she finally saw her husband, real and alive, hugging her.

 

‘Real?’ a voice inside her asked.

 

Yes, she knows its just a dream, but what can she do? She misses her husband badly.

 

She ignores it, all what matters to her now is that she saw her husband, and he was with her. She isn’t going to let him go now.

 

They stayed like that for who knows how long. Then it was Sooyoung who broke the hug and looks at him.

 

“Do you know how long I’ve been wanting to hold you like this?” she asks, tracing Kyuhyun’s face, from his eyes to his lips. “You’ve been away far too long honey…”

 

“I… I’m sorry Soo…” he said, “I missed you too… so much…”

 

The couple walked and talked holding hands tightly, the other never wanting to let go of the other. They laughed and joked like nothing ever happened between them. Then they sat down at the spot where they had their picnic.

 

Sooyoung looks at him and smiled, “Do you still remember what we did here?” she asks.

 

Kyuhyun smiled back, he looks at the place, “Well, to be honest, no.” he said. “But I’ve had vague memories about this place.”

 

Sooyoung frowned hearing his answer. “No?”

 

“I don’t remember this place at all Soo.” He said, “I’ve been trying too, I know there’s something about this place, but nothing comes to mind.” He said, looking around the place.

 

“You don’t remember?” she said, then she realizes something, was she going to tell him what happened?

 

‘I should tell him…’ she thought and looks at him nervously.

 

Kyuhyun looks at her confused. “Soo, what did we do here? And where are we? I’ve been wondering about that for the longest time I’ve been here.” He asks.

 

Sooyoung was about to answer when she noticed that she was slowly fading. “Oh no…”

 

Kyuhyun noticed it too and he panicked. “Soo, what’s happening!?”

 

“Kyu! Wait! No!!” she shouts.

 

“Soo! Wait! No--! Soo, don’t worry! I’ll be back, I’ll come back to you! I promise! Wait for me!” he said, over and over until Sooyoung fades completely.

 

&&

 

Sooyoung wakes up from the dream and finds herself at the hospital again. “Kyuhyun…” she mumbled and tears started to fall.

 

The door opens and the friendly nurse who greets her every morning enters. “Oh, did I wake you Mrs. Cho?” she stopped when she saw Sooyoung looking at her.

 

Sooyoung wipes her tears away and smiled at the nurse. “No, it’s okay. Please.” She said, motioning her to come in.

 

The nurse nodded and approached Kyuhyun bed and did what she had to do. While doing it, she was glancing at Sooyoung, who was staring out of nowhere.

 

“Mrs. Cho, are you okay?”  she asked.

 

Sooyoung turned to her and she saw worry in her eyes, the nurse was really kind to her from the start. “Call me Sooyoung. Yes, I’m fine. Thank you for your concern.” She said.

 

The nurse smiled, “Okay, Sooyoung-ssi. You can call me Jessica.”

 

“Jessica-ssi.” Sooyoung said and smiled.

 

“Yes, well, just call me if you need me. You can press this button here.” She showed where the button was and smiled at her, “Don’t worry Sooyoung-ssi, I know your husband will wake up.”

 

“Thank you.” She smiled back.

 

“You’re welcome. I will be going now.” She bowed and leaves the room.

 

Sooyoung smiles, all of the encouragement she’d been having makes her even stronger. She looks at Kyuhyun, “Honey, all of us are waiting for you. Please keep your promise.”

 

&&

 

Jessica proceeds to Doctor Hankyung, Kyuhyun’s doctor. She was going to knock when she heard he was talking to someone. She was going to leave when she hears something that isn’t right.

 

“I know you’re familiar with mercy killing. Am I right Dr…. Hankyung.” A woman asks.

 

It took a minute before he answered.

 

“I am Ms. Cho. But it’s not in my principle in killing a life.” He said.

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter. You’ll do it anyway.” She said. "I heard you had a million dollar debt to pay… Am I right?"

 

Jessica's eyes widened. She can't believe that Dr. Hankyung has a large debt to pay. She leaned closer to hear more clearly. She didn’t like what she was hearing. She just hoped that Dr. Hankyung will make the right decision.

 

It was almost 2 minutes before Hankyung replied. “Who’s the patient?” Hankyung asks.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun.” She said.

 

Jessica’s eyes widen. Mr. Cho’s sister wants to--? But why?

 

“May I asked why you want to kill your brother?” he asks.

 

“I beg your pardon Dr., but to me, my brother has long since died.” She said. Then she mumbled something that Jessica didn’t quite catch.

 

“Well, I can’t do that, since Mr. Cho’s wife, already signed the papers. And she wants to keep her husband breathing until he wakes up.” He said.

 

“Well, that could be arranged.” She said. “How much do you want?”

 

“Well, how much can you give me?” He asked.

 

“$500,000.” She said.

 

“That’s what I earn in a year.” He said.

 

“Okay, make it 1 million dollars.” She said, triumph in her voice.

 

“Deal.” He said.

 

Jessica left. The good doctor Hankyung she knows is also like the other dirty doctors she knows. She has to warn Sooyoung about this.

 

She was about to go to Kyuhyun’s room when one of her co-nurses bumped into her.

 

“Yah! Yuri! Watch where you’re going!” she said, and stood up.

 

“Oh, sorry, Sica.” She said.

 

Jessica was about to leave when Yuri stopped her. “Oh! Sica! Dr. Kim asked me to find you! Come with me, now!”

 

“What? I’m not under Dr. Kim anymore. And I can’t, I have to go somewhere.” She brushed her off.

 

“No! You have to come NOW!” Yuri said and pulled her to where Dr. Kim’s room was.

 

‘Oh no! eotteokhae…’

 

&&

 

Hankyung looks at the girl opposite to him. He can’t believe what this girl wants to do. He didn’t like it. It was his principle to kill a life. But his dirty side tells him otherwise.

 

ANd he can't believe that she knows about his debt. 'How did she know?'

 

“How much do you want?” the question he’d been waiting for.

 

“Well, how much can you give me?” He asked.

 

“$500,000.” She said.

 

“That’s what I earn in a year.” He said.

 

“Okay, make it 1 million dollars.” She said.

 

Hankyung’s eyes widen, he’d expected a lower price. He coughed a bit and looked at her. He can see that triumphed smile forming on her lips.

 

“Deal.” He said.

 

'I have no choice… This is for my family…'

 

 

&&

 

Sooyoung goes to a nearby store to buy some things she needs. She paid the bill and returns to the hopistal.

 

She was near the entrance when someone called.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Soo! Come back quick! It’s Yoona--! She’s going to cut Kyuhyun’s life line!” Sunny in the other line said, panicking.

 

&&

 

“Arasseo, arasseo Dr. Kim.” She said, bowing to him.

 

“Yah! I expect you be there at 7:00 pm sharp, I don’t like to wait.” Dr. Kim said.

 

“I will! Now I have to go!” Jessica shouts at him and leaves the room.

 

“Yah! Sica! Where’re you going?” he shouts but Jessica already left.

 

“Ah, jinjja, this girl…” he sighed and decided to follow her.

 

&&

 

“Yah! Sica! Where’re you going?” she heard Dr. Kim’s shout faintly as she ran to Kyuhyun’s room.

 

Jessica ignored it and ran to Kyuhyun’s room.

 

“I hope Sooyoung-ssi’s there!” she said.

 

She noticed Yoona, Hankyung and some nurses from the reflection of the mirror by the walls.

 

‘Omo!’

 

She ran faster, its as if her life depended on it. She didn’t want Sooyoung’s husband to die, all of Sooyoung’s efforts would be in vain, if its to happen.

 

She finally reached the room first. She didn’t see Sooyoung, but another person.

 

“Excuse me, where is Mrs. Cho?” she asks.

 

“Eh? Soo? Why? She went out to buy something--”

 

“Call her!” she said.

 

“Wha--?” sunny asks and she was confused. “What’s going on?”

 

“It’s Mr. Cho’s sister! She’s going to cut Mr. Cho’s lifeline! Call her now!” she said.

 

Sunny did as she says, but it was hard for her since she started to get nervous, she was shaking. She then finally called Sooyoung.

 

“Soo! Come back quick! It’s Yoona--! She’s going to cut Kyuhyun’s life line!” Sunny said, panicking.

 

Jessica opens the door a bit to watch out for Yoona. But she doesn’t know what she’d do if they came before Sooyoung.

 

“…ne, arasseo…” she heard Sunny say. “Oh and Soo, hurry.” Sunny said and hung up.

 

Silence followed, the two were tense and scared at what will happen.

 

“Nurse, what are we going to do?” Sunny asks her nervously.

 

Jessica looks away from outside and looks at her.

 

“I… I don’t know…”

 

&&

 

“Wha--? She--” she mumbled incoherently. She too started to panic.

 

She drops the thigns she bought and started to run, not bothering about the people she bumps into.

 

‘No! s-she can’t do this!’ she thought.

 

“Omo…  eotteokhae… Kyuhyun-ah, please wait for me!” she said quietly.

 

&&

 

Yoona, Hankyung and the two nurses made their way through the people, not bothering bumping to them, well, Yoona is.

 

‘Don’t worry oppa, you won’t be suffering anymore after this.’ She thought.

 

They finally reached the room and was about to go inside when someone shouts at them.

 

“Yoona!”

 

They turned and saw Sooyoung, who ran to them and looks at Yoona.

 

“What are you going to do?” she shouts at her.

 

Yoona smirks at her, “You’ll see.” She said and winked at her. “Come on.” Yoona said to Dr. Hankyung an the nurses.

 

They proceed inside and Sooyoung follows them.

 

Sooyoung immediately blocked her husband from them.

 

“You can’t do this… Dr. didn’t I already signed the papers?” Sooyoung asks him.

 

“Well, I--” he started to say but was interrupted by Yoona.

 

"Sooyoung, papers doesn't mean anything." she said matter-of-factly. "Now, be a good girl and step away from my brother."

 

"No." she said firmly.

 

"No?" she tilts her head to side. "Okay." she said and motioned for the two nurses.

 

The nurses nodded and they approached Sooyoung and held her. Sooyoung began to struggle by the tight grasp of the nurses.

 

"Hey! Let me go! You can't do this!!" she screamed. "No! Please! Yoona, you can't do this! You can't possibly kill your brother…" she begged her, she started crying.

 

She remembered the note that Kyuhyun left for her. ‘He’s still coming back…’

 

Sooyoung looks helplessly at Yoona. How could she do this to her own brother?

 

"Kill him?" Yoona glares at Sooyoung, "My brother's already dead because of you! Ever since you married him, he cut all of his ties to us, his family! You took him away from us!" she screamed at her.

 

"I didn't! And he didn't cut his ties with you--"

 

"Shut up! I don't care what you say!" Yoona said and looks at Dr. Hankyung."Do it."

 

Dr. Hankyung looks nervously at Sooyoung and approached the bed slowly.

 

"Nooo! Please Dr. nooo!" Sooyoung begged.

 

Suddenly the door opens.

 

&&

 

Dr. Kim was walking casually down thee corridors. He was happy about the fact that one he likes finally gave in. He wasn't Kim Heechul if he can't get the girl he wants.

 

'Aish, talk about a very dense girl.' he thought.

 

He walks past a room and he heard faint voices, screams coming from the room.

 

"What the are these people doing? This is a hospital for god's sake!" he said and decides to come in.

 

"Yah! What's with all the shouting here!" he shouted.

 

&&

 

Jessica looks wide eyed at Dr. Kim. 'What's he doing here?' she thought.

 

"Yah! Don't you know this is a hospital and you guys are shouting!" he shouts again.

 

"Uhh, but you're shouting too Dr." Sunny said.

 

Jessica sighs at the sudden scene. 'I can't believe that I'm in love with this Dr.' she thought.

 

She looks around the room, they were all looking at Heechul, who was talking about something about the rules of the hospital. She then looked at Kyuhyun, she pitied him, she can't think of any ways of saving him.

 

"Aish, I can't believe we're going to kill--" she said quietly then she suddenly gasps.

 

"H-He moved! He's waking up!"

 

&&