Please Stay with Me: Memories

Please Stay with Me

Part 1


Sooyoung woke up in a park, the cool wind brushing against her face, and she could feel the grass slightly pricking her, the birds chirping soundly in the background.

She sat up and looks around and she sees blankets, pillows and food arranged around her. She was having a picnic, but with whom?

“Honey, sorry, did I wake you?” said a beautiful voice behind her.

She looks behind her but she found no one there. 

“Wha--?” she was confused, where was she?

She looks around again, to see if someone was there. She stood up, when she took the first step; she felt something that she accidentally stepped on.

She looks down and saw that it was a rose, she picked it up and there was a note attached.

“Soo, I’m just going to buy something, please wait for me when you wake up. From the one you love so much, Kyu.”

She smiled at the note and decided to take a walk.

&&

The sun was setting and yet, Kyuhyun still hasn’t come back. She was getting worried.

Then someone calls her.

“Sooyoung!”

She turned around and saw a man walking towards her. But he wasn’t the one calling her. 

“Sooyoung!”

“Soo!”

&&

She bolts up awake. “Wha--? What happened?” she asks, scratching her eyes to see clearly. She sees familiar white walls, and the sounds coming from the machines beside her, and to the person sleeping on the bed in front of her.

She turned and saw her best friends, Sunny and Sungmin, looking worriedly at her.

“Soo, it’s us. It’s our turn now.” Sunny said softly.

Sooyoung was back to her senses. She smiles at them ruefully. 

“Thanks guys, but I think--” she said, but she was interrupted by Sungmin.

“I think you should go home and get some rest.” He said.

Sooyoung sighed, they were never going to drop it, again. “Okay…” she said.

She turned to the lifeless body in front of her, only respirators and other machines were helping him breathe and live. ‘He’s still alive.’ She thought.

She kisses softly his forehead. “Honey, I’ll be back soon okay? Wait for me.” She whispered to him and kissed him again.

Sunny and Sungmin didn’t look, if they did, they would surely cry. And crying was not allowed in the room, Sooyoung pleaded for everyone not to cry.

“Thank you guys, I’ll be going now.” She turned to them and hugged them both.

“It’s okay Soo. It’s no problem for us. You’re very much welcome.” Sunny said.

The door opens and reveals Sooyoung’s older brother, Eunhyuk. “Let’s go Soo.” He said.

Sooyoung nodded and went to the door; she stopped and looked once more to her husband, then exited the room.

Sunny and Sungmin were left alone. They looked at the figure on the bed, he was just sleeping, or so that’s how it looked. The tube on his mouth, which connects to the machines around him, gives away that sleeping façade. 

Then without warning, Sunny suddenly cries. Sungmin hugs her, though the rule not to cry is given, they break it, every single time that Sooyoung isn’t around.

“Kyuhyun, please wake up soon.”

&&

“Oppa, thanks for driving me again.” Sooyoung looks at her brother and smiles weakly.

Eunhyuk didn’t look back, “Why are you saying that? I’m your brother; I’m always going to be your driver.” He said.

Sooyoung chuckles softly.

Eunhyuk tries his best not to cry, though he was older, he was the cry baby. It breaks his heart seeing his little sister like this. 

“Oppa, why didn’t you turn there? You just passed the way to our house.” She asks, confused.

“Oh, didn’t I say you’re going to sleep in the hotel tonight?” Eunhyuk asked, making a left and slows down to a hotel.

“Oppa! Please! You know I hate it there! I can’t sleep well!” she whined, “Didn’t we already agree that you’ll be taking me to our house?” she pouts at him.

He refused to look at the girl pouting beside her; because he knows that he’ll give in. He’ll wait until they were inside the house. Donghae, his twin, can bear her pouting more.

“Stop talking and get out.” He said, as he finally parked the car.

“No! Not until you take me home.” She said.

Eunhyuk sighs, time to call Donghae. He dialed his number. “Yah! Fish! Come down, now!” he said.

Minutes later Donghae was outside and asked Eunhyuk what’s wrong.

“That sister of yours is pouting again.” He said, “And she doesn’t want to go up.” He added, as he got out of the car.

Donghae sighed and goes in the driver’s seat. As soon as he sat Sooyoung glares at him.

“Oppa, I’m not going to listen to any of your lectures, take me home now.” She said.

Donghae sighed. “But Soo, you know what happened last time when you came back there--” she didn’t let him finish.

“I know oppa! A-and, It won’t happen again! I promise! So please! Just let me, I miss our house…” she said, tears starting to flow down her cheeks.

Donghae sighed, moved closer and hugged her tightly. “Okay, but we’ll come with you okay?”

Sooyoung nodded, “Thanks oppa.” She said quietly.

Donghae smiled at her. Then he looks outside, “Hyuk, go pack, we’ll be staying at their house tonight.”

Eunhyuk looks at him and glares at him, but he can’t do anything about it. He stomps to the hotel to pack.

&&

They arrived at the house and soon settled in their rooms. Eunhyuk and Donghae take the guest room right across the master’s bedroom.

“Soo, go to sleep okay, you’re tired. You should rest.” Donghae said. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight Soo.” Eunhyuk said. They exited the room for Sooyoung to settle.

&&

Sooyoung looks around first in the room, it was still the same. The only thing that’s changed is the fact that her husband’s not there.

She flops down on the bed; she turns to the side and breathes in the familiar scent. She closes her eyes and lets the tears flow down. Minutes later, she fell asleep. And memories began to flood in her mind.

&&

Donghae and Eunhyuk were sitting at the dining table, drinking their coffee. They were in for a long night.

“Why the hell did you agree to this?” Eunhyuk asks his twin. “And I thought you could resist her.” He mumbled.

“Look, I don’t want this either. But, it’s what she wants. You know I don’t like seeing her cry.” Donghae reasoned out.

Eunhyuk sighs; he too doesn’t want to see her cry.

Eunhyuk and Donghae came home from the states for their sister. They were the only ones they can depend on each other ever since their parents’ died. They always watch over their sister, and always support her.

“Well, let’s just hope it won’t happen again.” Eunhyuk said. Donghae nodded.

The twins originally stayed at the couple’s house. They remember pretty well what happened when Sooyoung returns home from the hospital. Every time she sleeps she always will have nightmares, she screams suddenly in the middle of the night, and sometimes talks and cries in her sleep. Then it got worse, she almost hurt herself last time and a few nights back, which frightened the two and decided to book a room in a hotel for them to stay in the mean time. They persuaded her to stay there, and luckily she said yes.

&&

Sooyoung is looking at a familiar sight she couldn’t possibly forget. It was the first time she met Kyuhyun.

A lanky high school boy stood inside the bus, there were no more available seats so he had to stand. And it was troublesome for him since the bus is getting more packed and it was very tight. He noticed then a familiar girl who just came in and she has nothing to hold on to. She tries to stand firmly by spreading her legs a bit, but because she was thin and light, she was easily swayed by the motion of the bus. He moved a bit closer and he successfully caught her hand and led it to the pole he was holding to.

“Ahh—aigoo…” she mumbled as she moved, she struggles a bit because there were so many people. 

Kyuhyun was a bit amused by her expression; it was a mixture of irritation and confusion. A very weird expression if you ask him.

Sooyoung looks at him, seeing he was trying not to laugh at something. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.” He said calmly.

Sooyoung looks at him suspiciously. She nodded awkwardly and said, “Okay. Uhm, thanks.” She said.

Kyuhyun smirked. This might be one of his happy days.

They both got off the next stop. They looked at each other then preceded their separate ways, though it wasn’t separate, they were going in the same direction.

Sooyoung was walking before him. ‘Is this guy following me?’ 

After a few minutes, she couldn’t take it anymore and confronted him.

“Yah! Why are you following me?” she asks.

Kyuhyun was shock, but it was later changed to amusement. He chuckles softly and looks at her. “What if I am? What are you going to do about it? Huh?” he said playfully.

Sooyoung was surprised. She got nervous and took a step back. “Uhh, I—uhm…”

Kyuhyun stepped carefully closer. He was looking straight at her, with an evil grin on his lips.

“W-wait! Don’t you dare come near me!” she said nervously.

Kyuhyun stops and laughs. He couldn’t take it anymore. The expression on her face was just priceless.

“Wha--?” Sooyoung panted, she was so nervous that she was almost hyperventilating. “Yah! Why are you laughing?!”

“You should’ve seen your face miss, really, it was priceless!” he said, still laughing.

Sooyoung blushed. She never felt so humiliated all her life. She stomped her foot in frustration and walks away, leaving Kyuhyun still laughing.

When Kyuhyun noticed that she started to walk away, he stops himself and follows her.

“Hey, I was only joking. I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun said, when he caught up to her.

Sooyoung ignored him and kept walking.

“Hey! I said I was sorry. Come on miss.” He said.

Sooyoung stopped. “Don’t you ever call me ‘miss’ again. And who are you for me to forgive you anyway?” she asks him, then continued walking.

“Okay, I won’t call you that. What am I supposed to call you then?” he asks. 

Sooyoung saw their house. Did he plan to follow her inside the house to?

“Yah! Why’re you still following me? ” she glared at him. What is wrong with him?

Kyuhyun stopped and looked around. Then he chuckles.

“What’s so funny again!?” she asks.

“It’s nothing.” He said, then walks casually to the next house. He stopped at the front door and looks at Sooyoung. “Well, goodbye neighbor!” he waved at her and proceeds inside.

Sooyoung’s mouth fell open. She can’t believe she embarrassed herself again. Her anger rose up inside her. She promised herself to get revenge on him, one way or another.


Suddenly the place changes then she see them as college students, and all of the memories she had with him flooded until the last happy memory she had with him, at the park.

She was standing on the grass beside a bench, she was confused. Where was Kyuhyun?

Then someone called her. “Lady?”

She turned and saw an officer approaching her. 

“Good Afternoon Lady. Do you happen to be Mrs. Cho Sooyoung?” the officer asks.

Sooyoung looks at him for second then answered. “Y-yes… w-who are you?” she asks.

“I’m the police rounding here.” He said, showing her his badge. “There’s been an accident not far from here…”

She suddenly felt nervous. She felt something was wrong, and she was frightened at what she would know.

“…it’s your husband Mrs. Cho. Mr. Cho Kyuhyun was accidentally hit by a speeding truck…”

Suddenly, it was there. The officer said what she didn’t want to hear.

She didn’t hear anymore, she didn’t want to. Her husband dead? ‘N-no, it c-couldn’t be… h-he s-said he would come back…’

Then she remembered the note, the note as to why he wasn’t there.

She couldn’t think straight, she didn’t know what to do first. She ran to the place to find the note that Kyuhyun left, but she couldn’t find it. 

Then, the memory of her husband sprawled on the road, taken to the hospital flashed before her. She didn’t want to see. She refused to, she began to scream.

“Noo! Please! Noo! Kyuhyun! Please help him!!”

&&

Eunhyuk and Donghae both fell asleep. And as soon as they heard the scream coming from Sooyoung’s room, they immediately got up and ran to her room.

They got in and immediately hugged their sister, whispering soothing words to calm her down. After an hour, she finally calmed down and they decided to sleep there, they lied down and went back to sleep.

&&

Sooyoung woke up first. She looks at her sides to see her older brothers still sleeping soundly. She smiled and gave them each a kiss on the forehead.

She got out of bed and showered. She was eager to return to the hospital. She wouldn’t like it if Kyuhyun woke up and she wasn’t there. She wants to be the first one he sees.

She loitered around the house to check on things. She looks around, from the living room to the backyard. Her pace was beginning to slow, then when she came inside again, she cried. All of the places she’d been, reminds of her happy moments with Kyuhyun. The pain of not having him beside her is unbearable. She wondered when they would have those happy memories again.

She remembered what the doctor said when Kyuhyun was admitted to the hospital.

He’s in a comatose. We may never know when he would wake up again. It could take months, even years…”

She couldn’t cope with it before. The pain she felt was incredibly unbearable for her. She cried every day and night. She didn’t eat nor sleep. She didn’t care if she would die.

It was her brothers that made her strong. And she was glad that they’re always there when she needed them, even though she bothered their lives and work.

She knew Kyuhyun will still wake up. She knew that he would come back to her. She just didn’t know when. 

&&

She goes to the kitchen to fix breakfast for her brothers. She stopped when she saw something on the dining table, a note and a wilted rose.

She didn’t want to cry again, so she just stuffed the note in her pocket.

She left the food covered and exited the house. And she was on her way to the hospital.

&&

She arrived early, there were still few people. The nurses greeted her as she passed by their counter.

“Good Morning Mrs. Cho.” The nurses bowed and smiled at her.

Sooyoung smiled at them. “Good Morning.” Then she proceeded to her husband’s room.

As she left, one of the nurses began talking, “I really admire her. She supports her husband, she never shows any sign of weakness.” 

“Well, I think she should just give up. Her husband’s never going to wake up anyway.” The nurse who just entered the scene said.

“Yah! Don’t say that! You don’t know anything yet.” The nurse replied.

“Yeah, and honey, you’re not the doctor here. You’re just a nurse.” The head nurse said.

The nurse who just entered glared at them and leaves.

&&

Sungmin was sitting beside Kyuhyun’s bed and was drinking coffee. Sunny was still sleeping.

He sighed and puts his coffee down on the side table. He looks at Kyuhyun and began talking to him. “Hey, Kyuhyun-ah… can you hear me?” he said. “You know, all of us are waiting for you to wake up…” he said, then chuckled. “You’re really a lazy brat huh? You’re sleeping all day and night, and not doing anything…”

Suddenly, fresh hot tears began streaming down his face. “Kyuhyun-ah… Soo’s suffering… though she doesn’t show it, we can see through her… Please wake up… put that sweet smile on her face again… only you can do that…” he stopped and wiped off his tears.

&&

Sooyoung was about to enter the room when he heard Sungmin talking to someone. She peeked a bit inside, but she saw that Sunny was still sleeping. She heard the thoughts that he’s been keeping to himself, until now.

“Kyuhyun-ah… Soo’s suffering… though she doesn’t show it, we can see through her… Please wake up… put that sweet smile on her face again… only you can do that…”

She can hear faint sniffles, she knows he’s crying. Sungmin isn’t good in holding in tears. She was very touched by what her best friend said, and she found herself crying with him.

Suddenly, she heard Sungmin spoke, but this time it was for her.

“Soo? I-is that you?” he asks.

Sooyoung wipes her tears and adjusts herself. She smiled and took a deep breath before coming inside.

“Min, Good Morning.” She greeted him with a smile.

“Good Morning.” He greeted back with a smile.

Sooyoung then came to her husband’s bed and looks at him. ‘Nothing’s changed…’ she thought.

“Honey, I’m back… did you miss me?” she said softly. She leaned and kissed his forehead.

Sunny woke up and saw Sooyoung already there. She scratched her eyes and greeted them. “Good Morning guys…” she mumbled.

“Sunny, you’re awake. Good Morning.” Sungmin said, coming to her side.

“Mmm, yes dear. Good Morning.” She said softly.

Sooyoung smiles as she watches them. They really suit each other. ‘…Just like you and me…’ she mouthed the words. It was what Kyuhyun said to her when Sunny and Sungmin got married.

She looks away, and wipes again the tears that almost threatened to fall. ‘Sooyoung, stop it! Its no use crying… you have to be strong for Kyuhyun…’ she told herself.

“Soo?” 

Sooyoung looks at them and saw that they were ready to leave. 

“Soo, were leaving now. The babysitter said she needs to go, and no one is going to babysit Sungkyu, so we better get home now.” Sunny said, “We’re sorry.” She added.

“No--! I mean, it’s okay! You don’t have to apologize, it’s okay.” She said and approached the couple.

“Thank you guys.” She hugged them both tightly.

“No problem. We’ll be back soon, tonight.” Sungmin said, he smiles at her.

“Okay.” She smiled back. “Be careful on your way home. Drive safely Min.” she said.

The couple smiled and said their goodbyes. Soon, Sooyoung was alone in the room, with just her husband’s respirators sounds in the background.

She walks slowly to his bed and sits down on the chair. 

She remembers the day when Kyuhyun proposed to her. It was really unexpected.

Sooyoung stuffed her files in her case. She was late for her date with Kyuhyun. She glances at her watch. It was already 7:00 pm.

“Omona! I’m going to be late.” She said.

“Miss Choi.” A man appeared at her door. It was her boss.

“Uhh, yes boss? Do you need anything?” she asks.

“Yes. Please get arrange these files. Get it done now. I need it.” He said, he put the files on her desk and leaves her office.

Sooyoung looks at the files. It was a stack full of office files that are unorganized. Because it was tall, the files at the top fell down. 

‘Okay, make that two stacks full of office files.’ She thought.

She panics, she was already late for her date, and today was there anniversary even. “Aish!” she said in frustration.

Suddenly, her phone rings. It was Kyuhyun.

“H-hello? Kyuhyun-ah…” she said.

“Soo? Where are you? Do you want me to pick you up?” he asked.

“No! uhm, I mean, I’m still at the office opp. Uhm, is it okay if I’m going to be a bit late? Boss asked me to arrange come files. I promise I’ll be quick. So please wait for me. I’m really sorry.” She said.

“Soo, relax. It’s okay. I’ll wait for you, don’t worry.” He assured her. “Now get those files done Choi!” he said, jokingly.

Sooyoung laughs, “Okay Mr. Cho!” she said, then hung up.

After almost an hour of arranging the files, she finally finished. She dropped the files down to her boss and bid goodbye. Then seconds later, she was running down the sidewalk, looking for a taxi.

She found one and immediately told the driver to take her to the name of the restaurant that Kyuhyun gave her. The traffic was a little light, so she arrived there by 8:30 pm.

When she looked at the restaurant, the lights were off. “Are they closed already?” she mumbled. Then she panics as she wondered if Kyuhyun already went home. She walk closer, to the entrance. She saw something that caught her attention. There was a note stuck by the door.

“To Miss Choi Sooyoung, 
Please don’t hesitate to enter our restaurant. Enjoy your night and the best of wishes to you.
-Owner Ahjussi”

She chuckled a bit at the end, but it confused her when he said ‘best of wishes to you’. She shrugs and enters the restaurant.

“Uhh, Kyuhyu-ah… sorry if I’m late--”

As soon as she entered and closed the door, the lights went on and beautiful music began to play. It was a familiar song, Marry U from Super Junior. The male singers started singing.


Love, oh baby my girl
You are my everything
My dazzlingly beautiful bride
You are a gift from god
We'll be very happy, your black eyes well up with tears
Even if your black memerizing hair turns white
My love, you my love, I swear I love you

Saying I love you is what I want to do the most everyday in my life
Would you marry me? I want to love you, treasure you, and live with you
I want you to lean on my shoulders each time you sleep
Would you marry me?
With this heart of mine, will you accept me?

 

She couldn’t believe it, she found herself crying. And even more when Kyuhyun appeared and approached her. He had that genuine smile on his face. He sang the chorus part.


To accompany you for the whole lifetime, I do
To love you, I do
Regardless of snow and rain, i will be there to protect you, I do
Let me be the one to protect you, my love

Kyuhyun then stopped singing and looked at her, she held her hands and said, “I am really happy to have met you in this life... I love you Soo…” he kissed her full on the lips so passionately that Sooyoung’s knees felt weak. After they broke up the kiss Sooyoung felt weak.

“S-sorry if I’m late oppa…” she said softly.

Kyuhyun smirked, then he kneeled down in front of her. “Choi Sooyoung, will you marry me?”

She cried, but it was because she was happy. She nodded and said, “Yes!”


She can never forget that memory. It was the very happiest one. And she can only hope to have more with him.

She looks at him sadly and holds his hands tightly. “Kyuhyun-ah… please come back to me…” 





-to be continued

a/n: okay, soooo... ive reread this many times... >.< i dunno, it seems boring and it a bit for me.... >.< i might be fail at angst TT.TT well, i just hope you liked it.... please tell me your thoughts ^^ what do you think? please comment they're very much loved and appreciated ^^ thanks sooo much! ^^
oh, im going to post the next part... i dunno maybe this weekend.. sorry, but im a slow writer... TT.TT