VIP Treatment

Be My Coach, Yuzuru!

"Sakura? Sakura! Where are you? You better not be hiding in the washroom again! It's for the guests only! Come out now, please!" Your mom said firmly, but still keeping her voice down. You're always like this when celebrities you like come in to your parents' restaurant." You hide out out of excitement and slight panic. "OMG OMG! Am I dreaming?" You pinched yourself. "Ouch! Ok, definitely not dreaming! That is truly the legends out there. I've been watching all four of them since I was a kid! Now they are here in the restaurant! Calm down, Sakura! Go out there and serve them now!" Your thoughts raced non-stop as your mother finally pushed you out of the washroom and out onto centre stage (dining area). 

"Ah...there's our girl." Alex said. You blushed at his comment. "O-our girl?" You thought. "What can I do for you tonight? U-uh... I mean, how may I be of service to you tonight?" You're flustered. You're stuttering and you mentally head-banged yourself at least 100 times. Shouma gave you an affirming nod and flashed his signature gummy smile. "Sakura-chan, breathe. Relax. Just treat us normally and look past our celebrity personas. I believe in you. Just breathe." Yuzuru stepped in to help you. You took his advice and closed your eyes. Your mother was watching from afar, proud of how happy you've been recently. Even she was not expecting the famous four to show up tonight. "Sakura-chan, open your eyes and come back to us." Yuzuru called you back. You opened your eyes, a lot more calmer and began professionally serving them. "Well done! We'll be seeing more of you soon!" Maia said. 

Closing time...

"Amazing! They stayed until the end of my shift." "Go talk to them. Make new friends. I'll clean up from here." Your mother said.

"Shouma-san, Yuzuru-sama, Maia and Alex-San..." "Hey! Why does Yuzuru get the highest title?" "Oh... I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like-" Shouma laughed. "It's ok! They were joking. Please be comfortable around us, Sakura-chan. Call us by our first names. No need to use honorifics. We don't mind." Maia flashed you a smile. You take a seat beside Yuzuru and began telling them about your life and when you began skating and looking up to all four of them as role models. They were your inspiration. You also mentioned how you devastated a couple weeks back when Yuzuru announced his hiatus indefinitely. You asked if the others knew about the news. "To be honest, we were quite disappointed to hear that he decided to take a big break, but we were understanding why he decided to do that. I'm sure he has good reason. Right?" Alex said. "We'll miss him while we compete in the ISU Grand Prix, but we'll keep good thoughts in mind." Shouma added. 

You finally understand why Yuzuru decided to take the hiatus and you enjoyed the rest of the night getting to know your new friends. You got to know them behind the famous figure skaters persona and really befriended the true people, that are students in school just like you. You mustered up the courage to ask Yuzuru if there was any other reason for taking such a long break. "Well, there is one particular reason why I decided to take a break. It is so I can personally be your coach and train you."