A Dream Come True

Be My Coach, Yuzuru!

"Hi! My name is Sakura Aihara. You may remember me from the previous chapter. I highly respect Yuzuru and practically know his entire training routine everyday. When I read the news about his hiatus, my whole world flipped upside down. I wondered why he suddenly decided to stop? Did something happen at home? So many thoughts ran through my mind. Until that one lucky day stumbled upon me.... 

A few months later...

You returned home to your hometown, Okinawa from competing overseas after you lost your place for the regionals. You are depressed and put on some weight. You sulk back to your house, which also doubles as a famous restaurant at the main level entrance. It is passed dinner time so the restaurant is closed to prepare for the next shift. "Sakura! What happened to you? How'd you put on so much extra weight? Did you qualify for the regionals? Oh! I'm just so glad you're back home after six months! Tell me everything!" your mother exclaimed. "Onee-san! You're back!" your little sister came to greet you. You ignored your mom and answered your sister. "Yes! How are you, Kotoko?" She gave you a hug and smiled at you before returning back to her room. Your sister's smile could make everything that was horrible in your day go away. "I lost my place in the regionals, mom. I couldn't place in the top six to qualify so I came straight home. I put on the extra weight due to my low confidence to continue my skating career and improve my skills."

Your mom stood in disbelief at your lack of motivation to continue on. She knew you perservered through the disapprovals from everyone when you were young and said you wanted to become an Olympic figure skating athlete after graduating. Why is this happening now? What will happen next? Your mom had so many worries running through her mind, but she didn't further interrogate you and asked you to make yourself at home and go change to more comfortable clothes to help out for the next shift at the restaurant. 

Texts coming in:

Jacky, US: Sakura! Are you home now? I'm sorry that you didn't qualify for regionals. I wish to comfort you more than just through texts...

Seungchan, Korea: 누나! 힘내세요...화이팅! (Cheer up, sister! Go go!) 

Nadia, Taiwan: Girl! I miss you! I saw the news about Yuzuru and I immediately thought of you.  I heard about you not qualifying for regionals as well! :( I'm sorry... it'll be okay! I'm here if you need me!

You felt grateful to have met some friends during your time competing six months ago. They texted you to check up on you even when some of them are busy training. You replied to them and changed into a pair of comfortable clothes to help out downstairs.

"Order #6 is ready!" a chef said. The kitchen becomes busy once again and you are in charge of welcoming customers and guiding them to their tables. Just as you are about to take care of other customers waiting for a table, your mom called you over to set up a table for a VIP reservation coming in for 9PM. There will be four people coming. 

You set the table with the finest utensils and cutlery. The plates are specially made for VIP customers and the table cloth design is an indication of a reserved table. Lastly, you put out a RESERVED sign on the table and head out to welcome the customers.

9PM- VIP guests arrive

"Welcome to Omakase! My name is Sakura and--" you stopped mid-sentence out of surprise because of who the VIP customers are. "Sakura! Why'd you stop? What-- oh... are they friends of yours?" your mom chimed in when she saw that you just stood there. You were starstruck and spaced out for a while before answering her. "What? Oh. Uh.. Uhh..." you are flustered.

"You must be Sakura-kun's mother. I am Yuzuru Hanyu and these are my friends Alex and Maia Shibutani and Shouma Uno. We are acquaintances of Sakura's. We've seen each other in competitions. It is very nice to meet you." You couldn't believe your eyes and ears! You just were emotionally unstable (in a good way! LOL!) because of what Yuzuru said and how he introduced themselves as. "Oh! What nice manners you have! Welcome to Omakase! Come in! I shall you to your table. Sakura will be your personal waitress for tonight." your mom announced. 

You didn't truly take in what she just said. "Oh. Okay." 

A few seconds later...

"WAIT! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!"