four

Remember Me

Both Himchan and Daehyun walked into Youngjaes room to find the younger man asleep "hey dae, wait here a sec, I need  to ring someone", Himchan wanted to leave the two younger boys alone, he realised Daehyun probably needed it.

Daehyun and Youngjae were left alone.

Daehyun couldn't loose what he had and was grasping on to it as tight as he could, but it was like trying to grasp water, he could barley pick it up

He walked over to the younger mans bed, he was asleep the sound of his soft breathing filled the room, other then that, it was silent

"youngjae" the older man whispered grabbing the younger mans soft that lay beside his body, "I can't lose you.." he spoke softly not to wake youngjae up as he lifted up his arm placing a kiss on the back of his hand...

{it was 10pm when the accident happened, when the concussion happened, when youngjae forgot Daehyun

None of this was meant to happen, their relationship was going well, no one knew about them, but they knew, and that was all that mattered.

the relationship was a secret, but it was becoming more and more difficult to keep it a secret, and with youngjae ignoring Daehyun to focus on finals, it made it 10x harder, he couldn't speak to anyone, not even his own boyfriend.

this one mistake has cost him everything}

"please, remember me... remember what we had...  remember me..."

He didn't want to leave youngjae, he didn't want to lose youngjae, he couldn't, but he already had.

"youngjae..." he breathed out heavily, "i just want you to know that..., I'm not going to give up, I need you back I my life, I cant live without you , I lov-" but before he could finish there was a loud knock at the door, it was Himchan.

"Himchan" Daehyun jumped up as the older man entered the room, "I need to tell you something.., its important...."                                                                                                                                                                                 "we can head back to my place, I don't think it's good for you to be with him any longer, I know you want to, but-"                                                                                                                                                                                                                   "it's okay" Daehyun interrupted "I think it's better if I tell you when where not with him"

-------------------------------------

Daehyun sat down with the warm up of hot chocolate that Himchan just made for him, he stared down at the marshmallows melting in, "so... was there something going on between you and youngjae" the older man asked, right as there was a knock on the door before Daehyun could answer, "I better get it, wait there Dae..".

Himchan walked back into the sitting room, this time with someone else, it was Yongguk, Daehyun looked up to see him and he couldn't help but feel happy, Yongguk helped him with so much and he needed to see that familiar smile again.

"so Daehyun" Himchan said as him and Yongguk sat down on the sofa beside him, "did you and youngjae have something we didn't know about"

"yes.." Daehyun answer was so sharp and unexpected, but he couldn't hide their relationship anymore, not if he was the only one who remembered it.

"we were dating for about six months, but we went through a rough patch, we were both stressed, he had finals and we were still trying to keep us a secret, from you guys, and our parents, only we knew, youngjae was acting distant, and it was becoming worse every day, I was getting annoyed with keeping it a secret, and I shouted, I felt bad, and I still feel awful about it, but I feel more awful about what I did "                                                                                                                                                                                         "so why was youngjae leaving your flat when he got hit" Yongguk asked the younger man.

{it was 8pm when Daehyun went out, to escape, to get rid of all the negative thoughts and to get rid of youngjae, at least for that moment in time, it was only fair ,he was getting rid of Daehyun.

Daehyun knew there was only one way to get rid of the younger man that night and that was alcohol, as much as he could handle, he kept telling himself it was only fair and in that moment in time, he strongly believed that statement.

he walked into the club alone, but when he left he was no longer alone.

as he was on the brink of becoming completely intoxicated he noticed a girl, around his age sitting across from him, he walked over to her, he didn't have any bad intentions, he just kept telling himself he needed to forget about youngjae, bur in that moment he didn't care about youngjae, he cared only about making the younger man jealous.

it didn't take much talking before Daehyun picked up the girl, now completely inebriated, he took her back to his apartment, he didn't even care about his actions anymore, he just wanted someone to love him like youngjae did and she was the next best thing.

He pushed the younger women down onto his king size bed, the two of them enthralled by what was happening, Daehyun's hand slowly up her back till he reached her bra clasp, he'd done this before, but not like this, this time it was different,it didn't feel real, no matter how drunk he was.

the two continued even though it was forced, it was a chance to escape, and that's all Daehyun wanted, as Daehyun once again started passionately kissing the girl he knew he made a mistake, but only when he just heard sobbing coming from behind him and a crash on the floor, it was youngjae, he'd seen, Daehyun had shot up to go and check what the crash was, it was a box of his favourite chocolates and a card, youngjae had came to say sorry, without even thinking twice Daehyun ran out the room, still half dressed, he needed to speak to youngjae, he needed to apologise, he didn't want to forget him anymore.

he found youngjae sat outside his door, face red with tears, he tried to explain himself but it was no use, youngjae was never going to love him again, this was all Daehyun's fault.

the younger man ran out of the apartment, he didn't care anymore, about anything, not even his life, and that's when it happened, that's when the car hit, that's when youngjae forgot Daehyun, at 10pm when a car drove into him causing the concussion, causing youngjae to forget everything about what they had}

" he had seen me doing something he never should've seen, just please .. trust me when I say I had no bad intentions, he was ignoring me, I still barely even know why, I didn't read the letter he dropped, so I needed to forget him, at least for one night, and that's why I got drunk, that's why I took the girl home, that's why I had with her, it was just my way of coping... I've never regretted anything more" Daehyun was looking down as he said this, he couldn't bare to look up at Himchan and Yongguk, he already knew he said to much.

"so you don't know why he was ignoring you, but you said he left a letter, a letter which probably explains everything" Daehyun looked up to Himchan as he said this, " do you have the letter with you" Himchan asked "yeah, it's all I have left of what we had" Daehyun replied as he reached into his pocket bringing out the slightly crumpled bit of paper, with Daehyun written across the front in scrawny joined up letters, "do you mind reading it out dae, we need to know what it says" Yongguk said as Daehyun slowly unfolded the paper.

[dear Daehyun,

I'm sorry, I've been ignoring you, and I've been more distant than ever, but you know that were a secret and I'm not ready for propel to know about us, and what makes it worse is that my parents found out and aren't letting me see you because they think I should be in  proper relationship.

just know this one thing, I love you dae dae, and that's never going to change, no matter what,

I'm sorry

love from youngjae]

Daehyun hadn't trusted the man he loved, when none of this was Youngjaes fault, this whole mess was because Daehyun was making youngjae uncomfortable trying to tell people about them, youngjae wasn't purposely ignoring him , but Daehyun was.