three

Remember Me

It wasn't long before Himchan arrived at the hospital entrance to see Daehyun just sitting staring at the ground. "hey, Daehyun, you okay" Himchan said as he knelt down beside him, "I heard what happened to him and  was planning on coming to see him anyway", "it's not just the fact that he got hit" Daehyun said looking up to Himchan, his eyes red from the tears, "he doesn't remember me" and slowly the tears started again, "I'm sure he does Dae, just give it time, he can't forgot you, he loves you", "well he isn't acting like that" he replied looking down again, "don't say that, come with me, we can go check up on him", Himchan helped Daehyun up rubbing his hand in circles across his back as they walked.

Youngjae had just graduated university when the accident happened, he was planning on becoming a vet, that's what he wanted since he was a child.

Daehyun blamed himself for the accident, he was the one who told youngjae to meet him and then it happened, this was all Daehyun could think about at the minute , telling himself over and over that none of this would have happened if it weren't for him youngjae would be okay and they would have still have the strong relationship they once had but all of that seemed so distant.

Youngjae didn't remember him and it wasn't looking like he would anytime soon.

Daehyun couldn't let their friendship end like this, he didn't know what had happened but it was not like youngjae to just forget him. "There's got to be a mistake here" Daehyun muttered before quickly stepping out the room to get a doctor not looking back at youngjae, he couldn't bring himself to. Youngjae sat in confusion trying to pick up his weak limp body, to see what was going on, but it was too much for him to handle just yet.

The younger boy sat up in his bed as a sharp pain slashed through his head, he hated feeling like this, he hated not being able to do anything and he hated how he clearly couldn't remember his apparent best friend, 'Jung Daehyun' he kept repeating it over and over in his head trying to remember but he couldn't and it pained him to see the older boy clearly upset by it. Youngjae heard a knock at the door breaking him out his thoughts, it was the same man from before 'Jung Daehyun' he'd clearly upset him, his face was red with tears but he wasn't alone a familiar face walked in behind him, and he knew this man, it was Himchan, Kim Himchan.

"Himchan" youngjae called out a smile growing on his face, all youngjae had wanted was to see a familiar face, "how are you?" Himchan asked, not feeling surprised the younger boy hadn't forgotten him, how could he, they'd helped each other with so much. "I'm good, I'd hoped you'd come in to see me, I just wanted to see a familiar face" right as these words left youngjae mouth Daehyun left the room, he didn't know where he was going but he had to get out of here, he couldn't stay in the room with the man he loved, not if his lover didn't even try to make an effort to remember him.

Daehyun kept running till he found himself at a park, it was the park that him and youngjae would meet after school in, all he wanted was for them to go back to what they had, but it was no use, "don't give up" Daehyun whispered to himself "he will remember you" , "don't give up"

Youngjae and Himchan stayed chatting, this is what youngjae needed, someone to talk to, someone he knew well. He'd known Himchan since high school, he was 2 years above him, and he'd always been like the caring big brother that youngjae had always wanted, they had a good relationship and it was still as strong as always.

"I better go check on Daehyun, I'm sorry, I'll come back tomorrow, just know l, Daehyun will do all he can for you to remember him, he loves you and he won't let this stop what you had" Himchan told him not breaking eye contact as he left the room.

What did he mean Daehyun loved him, how could he forget a man he loved, unless he didn't love him. He wanted so badly to remember, he hated how he forgot a man who clearly meant so much to him, but he couldn't and although he tried there was nothing he could do, he was just stuck with his thoughts.

 --------------

Himchan knew where Daehyun would be, he knew where him and youngjae used to meet, the park outside Daehyun house, the place where he first met Daehyun, thanks to youngjae.

"Daehyun" he called out, no response, he walked towards the slide to see a man sitting underneath quiet sobs coming from his direction, and without hesitation he ran over to go check If he was okay, " Dae, don't worry, we will make sure he remembers you, don't doubt it, I'll do everything I can, but in the end, you've got to be strong, you can't run away, not when youngjae hurting, he needs time" he reassured Daehyun holding his face up to force eye contact, "I will be strong, I want my best friend back" Daehyun replied just above a whisper, "I'll make sure of it" Himchan replied, just enough for Daehyun to hear.

As he let go of the younger man's face, Himchan placed a kiss on the side of Daehyun face, as they got up neither questioning what happened as they walked in silence to Himchan apartment. Daehyun was spending the night there and Himchan was going to make sure he didn't feel lonely and could forget until the morning about youngjae.

----------

Youngjae sat up in his bed rubbing his eyes, touching the bandages on his forehead, it still hurt, it caused so much pain to flow through his body, it was unbearable at times, but it wasn't as much as the pain he felt when he thought of remembering Daehyun, he couldn't, but he wanted to, he desperately wanted to, and it pained him to see him like this, the older man clearly loved him, otherwise Himchan wouldn't have said so, but he needed confirmation of what him and Daehyun relationship was, he needed it.

------------

Daehyun woke up in Himchans unfamiliar king sized bed, it was odd, he'd never even been to himchans house, never mind his bedroom. "You're awake, I took you long enough" Himchan said a smile forming in their faces as he leaned against the doorframe, "I'm making breakfast, were gonna have a long day today", they were going to go to the hospital to see youngjae again and Daehyun couldn't hide the fact that he was feeling nervous, why was he nervous, it was his best friend and nothing would ever change that, he gave Himchan a positive smile before getting up and heading towards the bathroom.

-----------

It was a while later when they arrived at the hospital, they headed straight for youngjaes room, "hey Himchan, what if youngjae never remembers me" Daehyun had suddenly stopped in the middle of the corridor, "dae, I've told you already, he will, and I'm going to make sure of that" he gave the younger man a reassuring smile, "just wait".