Prologue

Underground Tutoring Program

 

"37?" Jimin exclaimed as he saw the marked paper in front of him. "As in 3 then 7?" 

 

Taehyung nodded with a slight smile on his lips, "37." 

 

"Yah!" Jimin slapped Taehyung's shoulder. "Aren't you a scholar? Doesn't your allowance change in according to your grades?" 

 

"Yeah," Taehyung shrugged his shoulder as he smiled to the oblivion. 

 

"I can't believe you got a 37," Jimin shook his head as he grabbed his textbooks for the following class. "Much less in Social Science. I mean no one with a functioning brain fails social science." 

 

Taehyung smiled as he also grabbed his books, "I think I put more effort in purposely failing this subject than passing any of my harder subjects. I mean I think they made this subject to give false hope to brainless students. I mean Social Science is by far the easiest subject I have ever had." 

 

The two males walked to their class bickering about absolutely nothing and everything. Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung had been friends ever since they were kids. The two boys lived on the same street often engaging in imaginary fights against monsters and evil villains. Though now a little older, the two males are still inseparable as they attend their second year within college.  

 

"I still can't believe you approvingly lowered your beloved GPA for some girl," Jimin shook his head once again before shaking his head. "How are you even sure that the girl is one of those elusive tutors? I thought their identities were meant to be a secret?" 

 

"Well, about that." Taehyung sheepishly smiled. "I'm not entirely sure if she is but I figured it was worth the shot." 

 

"What?" Jimin halted. "You're telling me that you failed a unit just because you have some hunch that Bae Joohyun-noona is a tutor at that infamous underground tutoring program?

 

"Yah!" Taehyung slapped his hand to Jimin's mouth. "You can't say those things out loud, you know it's dangerous. We never know, maybe the university spawns are watching us." 

 

Taehyung had always been a bizarre boy who was often misunderstood. However, their paranoia of university officials listening in onto their conversations regarding the underground tutorial program was nowhere near uncommon. It was common campus knowledge that the university officials - or university spawns as Taehyung likes to call them - had a long distaste for the group of students who were offering a much cheaper and effective tutoring service in comparison to the Campus Tutoring Services. 

 

"You could have put noona in a bad position!" Taehyung slapped Jimin's head as he had dragged the shorter boy into a more secluded area of the campus.

 

Jimin merely scoffed as a reply, "What will they do if they found out anyway?  I mean she's the Bae Joohyun, the campus sweetheart. I am pretty sure they can't do anything to a student who has such student influence." 

 

"Are you stupid?" Jimin earned another slapped to his head, "Noona might get suspended or even worse expelled. That's why I have to keep her identity a secret." 

 

Jimin rubbed his head as he winced in pain, "Man, you are so whipped." 

 

"Stop talking about her," Taehyung responded.

 

"Well," Jimin slung his arm over Taehyung's shoulder. "Tell me, how did you know she was one of the group anyways?" 

 

Taehyung glanced at his sides and whispered a reply, "Well, it all started one afternoon when I accidentally grabbed someone else's phone and saw that a new message popped up on the screen." 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey friends~ 

so here I am being the bad person that I am and had created a new fic! 

I know I have others but this is just way too annoying for me not to write. I mean I was going to write it for me anyways so I figure maybe you guys would also like to read it too! 

As you can see the flow and the length of this chapter is different from my usual updates but I figured I should make everything shorter so I can update more often and make you guys wait less for each development of the story. I expect this to be a slow burner, hopefully this can last a year of solid updates of at least once a month. I will try to update one per fortnight but I will be aiming to write ahead. So everytime I update I already should have the next update ready to go so that I can update even when I am busy with life, school and work!

Please do comment, I know that this is supposed to be a Joy-centered fic but I feel like I need introduce the basis of the story first so we will get to see Joy very soon. 

Comment and subscribe my friends~