Happy birthday you!!

Soulmates and Birthdays

 

Minseok isn't thinking anything in particular when he takes a pen and starts to write on his palm. It gets boring listening to the professor going off topic about his vivi and today is one of those days. He sighs and write, "Happy birtday you!! :)" It's nothing in particluar or maybe it's because he was reading a story in which one of the characters had a birthday party.He draws hearts and flowers that looks nothing like flowers, stars, a moon, and a sun. He certainly isn't ready for the new words that appears just below what he wrote.

" Whoa how did you know that today is my birthday!? Thank you by the way."

The reply is accompanied by little smiley faces and crooked hearts. He stares at it in shock wondering what it was before realization hit him. His soulmate! This only happened between soulmates after all. And it's his birthday. Minseok felt pretty proud of himself at the moment and his boredom soon faded. He answered. 

" A coincidence? I'm Kim Minseok. Nice to meet you. You're welcome."

"Kim Jongdae." It's neat and clear. He stares at the name with a warm smile until he's startled by the voice of his proffesor.

" Oh now you want to teach?" He mumbles putting the pen down.

"What?"

"Nothing mr. Oh."

"I thought so."

Minseok rolls his eyes.

------------------------------

Jongdae is in the middle of writing an essay paper when all of a sudden he feels a tingle on his left palm. He winces and scratches it on the table before looking at it. His eyes widen comically as he stares at what's in in his palm.

"Happy birthday you!! :)" is scrawled messly on his palm.

He jumps slightly in joy after the realization of what it meant. His soulmate. He smiles, lips curling up at the corner prettily. He sends back a reply and soon after he gets another one along with the name of his soulmate.

" Kim....Minseok? I've heard of this name before."

He mumbles and rakes his head for remembrance. He goes on his snapchat and opens one of his former high schoolmate's, yixing, snapchat. He goes through his posts which is filled with music until he finally finds him. It's a picture of Yixing and his soulmate, Leo, a high school boy named Yuta, and Kim Minseok. They were at Yuta's game. He's heard Leo and Yuta talk about Kim Minseok the few times he's hangout with them. He knew Minseok was already in his second year of college.

"When is your next game and will Kim Minseok be there?" He snapchats Yuta. An hour later his phone signals a text.

" Today at Arts Academy High. 5pm. Maybe he will, idk. He usually comes to support."

Jongdae smiles. That's good enough. He thanks the boy and continues on to his next lecture. Looking forwad to the day in excitement.

He hums on his way to class.

----------------------

Kim Minseok is a dedicated fan, this was his school after all. Top player and very well known at the school. Although he was offered scholarships and many more, being a professional player wasn't what he wanted to do. Soccer for him was just to enjoy with his teammates. He's waving his arms in the air, encouraging the players when something red on his left arm catches his attention.

" You're really cute. Cheering the kids on like that." He burrows his eyebrows and his nose scrunches.

"What wrong?" Luhan asks.

" I've found my soulmate." He shows his arm as he looks around.

" He's here?" Minseok nods.

" Seems so."

He doesn't have a pen and so he watches the game in confusion of trying to find his soulmate amongst the fans and such. He can't seem to enjoy it anymore even though he's excited to see who his soulmate is. The teams ties at 3. Minseok and Luhan starts toward the players. They pat them on the back as they give their praises. Just as Minseok is about to turn around, he trips on someone's leg and almost falls. Somebody steadys him.

Minseok looks up and is met with a smile that resembles the cheshire cat. He feels warmth spread through him.

"Kim Jondgae?" Cheshire boy nods.

They stand like that for a few minute just looking at each other. Luhan bids Minseok goodnight with a chuckle as he pats him on the shoulder.

"Ohh birthday boy! Come on."

------------------

Jongdae lets himself be pulled by Minseok. He smiles all the way to the Minseok's car feeling  bubbly. Minseok takes him to a bakery, he gets a small cake and buys some drinks for them. He sets it on the table and as soon as he sits down, he sings the birthday song and claps. His soulmate's hands are small and cute and jongdae giggles. This was the best way to meet a soulmate.

He pretends to blow off a candle after Minseok finished singing, all the while laughing.

" Thank you."

Minseok looks at him with an adorable gummy smile. He cuts off a piece of the cake and feeds it to Jongdae who turns fifty shades of red.

"Cute. Happy birthday." He paints some frosting on his nose. He laughs when Jongdae glares at him playfully as he moves his nose from side to side.

"I'd better be treated to more in the future. I can't take the disrespect." He crosses his arms and pouts.

"Already thinking ahead, I see." Minseok chuckles. " Sure, whatever my prince wants." He takes his hand and kisses the back of it as he winks at Jongdae.

Minseok laughs even harder when Jongdae mumbles to himself.

It was more then he hoped for and Jongdae was grateful for it.

 

 

 

*** I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading and all. It's very much appreciated.