Chapter 5

South Side Mafia

Taehyung's P.O.V

"Oh god, I feel so embarrassed." Ailee whispered in my ear, leaning in close to me.

I think she looks quite adorable! I hope to be her best friend one day; as well as maybe her boyfriend one day?

"Stop fussing, Jinsu! You look amazing!" I said, exaggerating her name. 

Ailee shot me a glare, even though her smile was visible underneath the dark shadow's in the pure white mustang we was riding in. It was me, her, Jimin, Hoseok in the back seat of Bang Yongguk and Jung Daehyun's car. There was a utter silence that passed over everyone, enough to make even me keep my mouth shut. I had my tiny teddy bear in my pocket, it's dark brown fur ruffled and sticking up in multiple directions; the dark brown glass eyes smudged and crack since I always carried it with me on every mission.

"Tae, why do you carry that thing?" She whispered suddenly, the street lights casting different colors from a blinding white to almost a neon orange.

"This? Mr. Bear?" I questioned, before pulling it out of my long trench coat. The brown of my teddy bear almost matched my jacket that draped over me.

"Yeah, aren't you a little old for it?" She giggled; even though the shadow of her now short bangs cascaded her face in different shades of black, once more, the edges of edged up in a smile.

"It was with me since I got rescued by Namjoon." I whispered; my heart wrenching as my mind flowed back to the image of me rubbing my wet, tear streaked face as I saw younger Namjoon kneeling down in front of me.

"Oh.." She only managed to say, even though her tone wasn't so joking anymore.

I stuffed my only good child hood memory back into my jacket, making sure I could feel the bulge of the stuffed animal still. Bang Yongguk gave us a evil glare, his face illuminated in a faint and neon blue- almost dancing across his face before he turned forward, as if to warn us to pipe down. I bit my bottom lip, chewing on the foreskin as I felt nervousness ping my lower belly as it always does during these. Jimin was beside me, his pretty features highlighted by the passing lights of the last remaining cars that that streaked past us. 

I leaned inwards towards the lower part of the medium that separated the passenger and driver. I could see a shimmering reflection of the blue lights from the stereo and other car features on the of a silver pistol. I leaned back slowly as Jung Daehyun  caught my gaze in the review mirror, only his dark brown eyes as they narrowed; even though I could tell his lips was in a serious frown of the same nervousness and edginess I was experiencing. I grew restless; constantly fidgeting making the leather seat squeak and groan against my light white skinny jeans; making Park Jimin stir before he glared.

"Taehyung, stop. I'm trying to sleep so I don't bust a cap in their asses." He grumbled drowsily; his hand perched underneath his left cheek against his face as a cushion.

I'm sure that will happen at some point. Hopefully Mr. Bear doesn't get injured.

To my relief, the roads began to slim out in human activity. Houses seemed run down and droopy, cheap porches poorly repaired and uneven as we passed down the bumpy and rocky road; everyone moving as one as we hit potholes. Fences blurred past; even though there was visible rips and holes from the countless muggings and forced entry. Further ahead; it looked like an abandoned and run down building; even though there was faint bright lights and loud hip-hop music looming towards us.

"We're here." I whispered right as I thought it to myself; and I could feel Ailee stiffen.

She reached out her hand, before clutching my jacket. Her eyes widened in utter tear, as her lips opened and trembled as she began to speak. I paused, leaning over a restless Jimin who's eyes began to shift underneath his eyelids. Her grip was so tight it caused indents in my clothing, she sighed, her head hanging down as her face was shadowed by her hat. I eased and leaned back to her, observing her with a tilted head.

"I'm really nervous and scared, Tae." She whispered, before looking at me fully.

"Hey, it's alright! I won't let anything bad happen to you." I said, before hesitantly reaching my hand out and placing it on her shoulder.

She smiled, before swinging her legs over the seat, before I reached for the handle again. Jimin sat straight up, his snore cut off as he cleared his musty and groggy throat. Hoseok was already outside, his back smeared and pressed up against the window as if he was hiding us, in case Ailee blew her cover or someone figured it out. I could see the misty cloud of fog from his hot breath. As we opened the door, he staggered foreword.

"Are we ready?" I asked, quickly shoving my icy hands into my coat pockets.

"Now we are." A voice a voice said towards me, before I turned my head sharply.

Moon Jongup, Junhong, Namjoon and Yoongi  all approached in the distance, their breath merging as one as it surged towards the speckled black sky that loomed ahead mysteriously. Their foot steps merged as once, perfectly in step together. From a distance, they looked like they was true friends, but as they got closer, I saw the guns and knives gleaming in the light from the building and in the stars. 

"You guys ready to party?" I squeaked, before throwing my fist in the hair, spinning in a circle as I fist pumped.

They was blurs but as I stopped, feeling the dizzy feeling in my subduing as their straight faces appeared once more. They didn't respond, before walking back towards the huge building. Ailee remained close to Namjoon, Jeungkook, Yoongi.

I pushed open the silver metal doors, the feeling cold and chilling against the palm of my hand. Inside, there was a bunch of neon lights; blinding my eyes as I looked up. There was a few black leather couches occupied by other gangs and their girls on the far edges of the walls, there was also metal stairs that lead upwards near the door, people peering down with drinks and other beers in their hands.

There was a stage in the middle, even though the concrete floor that was cracked and smeared with droplets of blood and bullet holes was still visible. The stage was about level headed with my shoulders, and I blinked through my bangs. Ailee covered her ears with her hands, her eyes narrowed as she tried to block out the hiphop and rap music that blared from two speakers on either side of the illuminated stage. I grinned; remembering the last time I was up there, I beat Bang Yongguk at a rap and singing battle.

"Tae." I turned my head, the voice strained over the music.

I winced as I felt someone grab my jacket, spinning me around to face them. Namjoon leaned in close, his shoulders resting against my chest. There was a small spacious gap between us, making me follow his gaze that loomed down. There was a small silver pistol in his hand, before sliding it into my pocket. It automatically felt alot heavier and seemed to weigh me down. He padded my shoulder roughly, before shouldering past me, disappearing into the crowd.

"So Jinsu, you have very feminine features." Junhong said from further away.

"Uh yeah, I'm the visual of the gang." Ailee made her voice gruff and deep, even though she shoved her hands into her pockets.

"Oh, you are?" He questioned, an amused edge to his voice as he slid down his glasses a little, just barely seeing the mischief gleaming in his eyes.

I'm coming Ailee!

I pushed past the multiple bodies of people, ignore the mean and harsh comments and threats, before reaching them. Junghong leaned away, his smirk still curling on the right side of his lips. She breathed out, her warm breath lingering to me. I beamed, before throwing an arm around her shoulders, pulling her towards me. I hugged her shoulders against mine, before my hand rested against the silver gun in my pocket. He must've spotted my movements, because he leaned against the wall, biting his lip in thought.

"Is there any trouble here?" I questioned, before looking to them both.

"No, Kim. I was wanting to challenge your rookie here to a rap battle." Junhong swung his own arm around Ailee; before resting his hand on the top of her head, ruffling it as she clung to her hat for dear life.

"I-I don't have any musical talent, how about I sit here and watch?" She shook her hands back in forth in surrender, holding them up.

"Don't be bashful, we'll go easy on you. It's the new rookies initiation anyway." Moon Jongup commented, before he strolled up to us.

Oh god, this isn't good. Oh god oh god!

Moon Jongup had his arm resting against the wall, observing Ailee in the slightly shadowy light. He leaned in a little, his silver bangs almost a silver. Ailee crossed her arms and ducked her head down more, the hat covering her face and feminine outlines. He leaned away slightly, before standing straight up. He smirked in content to himself, as if taking it into submission. He suddenly snapped his fingers, even in the booming music and loud cheering, his gang all slithered towards him in different directions.

"I'll go up there with Jinsu, since you seem to think you have business with my gang." Namjoon said, making me jump and duck; covering my face with my hands.

I peaked out of them, before staring at Ailee's who's mouth dropped open a little in silent relief and amazement. He looked to her, before standing shoulder to shoulder to shoulder with her silently, as if signaling his silent support. She blushed, even in the dim lighting, I could see her once pale skin turning a slight rosy red. I smiled to myself, silently shipping them both. He looked to her, a faint smile crossing along his lips as he nudged her shoulder in reassurance.

"So, it's settled then? Me and Junhong and you and Jinsu?" Moon Jongup said, before cracking his knuckles silently. 

"Yeah, let's get going." Namjoon mumbled before turning towards the stage, grabbing Ailee by the arm and leading her away. 

I followed more closely, mumbling constant sorry's as I kept them both in my view. Ailee glanced around, standing on her tippy toes at times to see the stage in full range. The rest of the gang was near the front, whispering and leaning in towards each other as the music was at it's highest peak up this close. I ran up, sliding my arms around Seokjin and Hoseok. They both gave nervous and startled glances at Ailee and Namjoon clustered on stage.

"This isn't a good idea." Park Jimin mumbled to Jeon Jungkook as their voices was barely inaudible.

Even Yoongi looked worried, his silver hair dancing in different shades as if his hair was highlighted. He leaned in towards me, causing me to duck down a little as our eyes caught. I squeaked and gave a grunt as he suddenly jerked foreword, grabbing my shirt in his fist. He glared daggers at me, his breathing heavy. His dark brown eyes was illuminated in the light, and his porcelain white skin was also being tainted in neon colors. I raised both hands in surrender, before reaching in my right pocket to clutch Mr. Bear.

"This wouldn't be your doing, is it Tae?" He mumbled, slightly lifting my off the ground.

"No! Junhong wanted to go against her in a rap battle." I squeaked, my voice doing so from having to lift it so high.

"Wow look folks! It looks like the two champions of West Side have a challenger." Bang Yongguk was on the mic, his snap back and muscle shirt making a black shading along his face. 

There was the roaring of thunderous screams and applauds from behind us. I even swore I heard a firing of a gun go off in pure excitement, and that is usually what West Side members do to show their support. I clapped my hands together stiffly, before looking in the right side of my eye to see the rest of the gang standing close by. Jung Daehyun, Kim Himchan, Yoo Youngjae was all turned to face the rest of the the crowd, pointing at themselves and cheering.

"Who wants the first verse?" Bang Yongguk asked, the mic making a slight ringing sound as he paced back and forth, the stage hollow and making thudding noise as his converse stomped across. 

"Me." Namjoon said, his words inaudible but I could read his lips as he said them.

Moon Jongup was already reaching out, but Namjoon had stated it first. He smirked and took a step foreword, jerking his body towards him in a threatening manner. This made the crowd roar more, and I smiled in silent praise. Ailee looked terrified; and I could hear the stage shake a little from her trembling frame. The crowd died down as the music began; the beats definitely making you want to put your hands in the air.

He cleared his throat, before he began to spit fire at Moon Jongup. Ailee watched him silent awe, her eyes widening as he saw Namjoon approach him, pointing at him and getting in his face at times. Moon Jongup crossed his arms, tilting his head back a little and biting his lip, his jaw clenched. I yowled with silent joy, before jumping up and down, causing the rest of the crowd one by one to join in.

"That's our gang leader up there!" I cheered, my smiling of triumphant growing bigger by the second. 

What can I say? I'm a er when it comes to us kicking names and taking charge.

"Wow! Well done Namjoon. You ready Jinsu?" Bang Yongguk placed a hand on his chest as Namjoon stopped and stepped away, tilting his black snapback on backwards. 

"Yes." Was her only response as Namjoon handed her the mic with a pat on the shoulder.

"Come on Ailee." Yoongi whispered, his knuckles resting against his chin as he folded on arm across the other.

She stood up straighter, her head bowed a little bit. She slowly walked towards Junhong who simply smirked at her, before pretending to swing at her, his fist inches from her face. She stumbled back, her feet shaking the floor as she lost her food. Namjoon pushed her, making her stumble foreword again, regaining her balance. The music blared up once more, but there was a sudden silence. She opened carefully, but no words came out at all. 

She opened and began rapping, but it wasn't actually rapping. It was incoherent words, her moves uneven and jagged. I tensed and covered my mouth as she did a little twirl at the end of every one of her lines. Namjoon gulped and stood there rigidly, his body tense. The crowd silently stopped fist pumping and going along with the words, and I could feel their arms lower slowly one by one. I jumped up and down once more, cheering 'Yeahs!' now and then, trying to encourage her the best I could.

"You're style , what - what! You look gay as you stand there, with your h-hair.." She stumbled over her words, before doing a peace sign as she finished.

"Wow, uh folks.. Amazing performance done by Jinsu there." Bang Yongguk mumbled, before he made a silent yikes expression. 

"That attempt dropped harder then the bodies in the alleyway." Hoseok mumbled, before covering his mouth with both hands in dread and shock.

"Give her slack! At least he tried." Jeon Jungkook mumbled, whipping around to face Hoseok.

"Yes, because the reason why Namjoon thought bringing him up there is beyond me." Yoongi rested his face in the palms of both hands.

"I thought she did pretty good." I bounced on my feet, giving her two thumbs up as I closed my right eye.

"Good thing they didn't bet on anything." Park Jimin mumbled before shrugging his shoulders in unison.

I looked up as the crowd filled with utter boo's and get off the stage. I pouted as I saw Ailee's eyes fill up with tears, her hands clutched firmly together, and I could tell by how deep her teeth was digging into her lip, it was more from anger then anything else. Before I could encourage her again, Namjoon pulled his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to him. His expression was blank as he flipped off the crowd with his spare hand.

"Wow, Namjoon. Looks like we win." Moon Jongup stated before grabbing the mic from Bang Yongguk.

"It isn't over. We'll be back, and this time.. It's all or nothing." Namjoon said, before prodding him violently in the chest with an extended finger.

"What?!" All of us said loudly at the same time, making him shoot us a warning glare from the stage.

Ailee lifted her head a little prouder, before smirking at them. She smeared her tears from her face, before inhaling jaggedly.  They both leaped downwards, before she staggered towards us. The crowd cheered and screamed once more, even though the music was finally gone. They patted and shoved Moon Jongup and Junhong in congratulations as Namjoon and Ailee silently made their way towards us. He looked utterly annoyed, and she just looked very upset and disappointed. 

"Good performance!" I squealed, before pulling her into a tight hug.

"I so bad, Tae." She mumbled, even though she hugged me back just as tight. 

I pulled away, before swinging my arm around her shoulder. She screamed as her hat suddenly fell off; exposing her feminine features and dark brown hair. I saw a few people cast us silent glances and some gasps. I pulled her close without thinking, swiftly picking up the hat. I inhaled deeply, before closing my eyes and smashing my lips against hers. She screamed in shock in the kiss, and I felt her cheeks burn against mine. 

I placed my own hat between us both; covering her face. Yoongi took the hat from me and placed it on her swiftly, and I could feel the gaze's of curiosity turn into one of pure shock and silent horror. After a few moments, I pulled away from her. My own cheeks turned a bright red,and I felt heat waves wash over me over and over. Ailee touched her lips,before suddenly lifting her right hand and swinging it towards me.I screamed as it met against my cheek, making me stumble back jaggedly, making my ears ring and head sped mentally around in circles.

"Why'd you do that!" She squeaked, covering in silent horror, even though her hands was covering her expression.

"I just had the urge Jinsu! I am gay guys, I'm madly in love with him." I yelled,clasping my hands together firmly, making her eyes widen and her cheeks turn a red.

"I can't believe my first kiss was stolen from a gangster." She mumbled,before tugging at her snapback, making sure it was securely on. 

"And Tae at that." Jeon Jungkook mumbled blandly, even though envy sparked in his dark brown eyes.

I was her first kiss?

"Come on, South Side. We're moving out." Namjoon declared, loudly, with a wave of his hand.

Everyone parted for us, people of all heights, scars, outfits and weapons even seemed silently afraid of me or attracted as eyes lingered or locked onto me. My heart still raced against my ribs,before I swung an arm around Ailee as she smudged her lips with her leather jacket sleeve, but blushed when she saw me next to her. I winked and made a kissing face at her, my lips puckered. She smirked before pushing me away, making me trail beside Park Jimin and Hoseok. 

"She should really join us." Seokjin mumbled softly.

Yeah, maybe she should!