Chapter 1

South Side Mafia

 

Ailee's POV:

"Miss!" 

A voice said from behind me. I cussed silently underneath my breath as the bullet casually zipped out of the shotgun clamped firmly in my thin yet pale appearing hands. The humanized target with red circles and a single red dot in the middle I was aiming for became a quick and yet distant memory. In pure rage, I ascended my arm before pulling off a headset that seemed to make the sounds of gun fire and pullets more louder. My brother, Kim Kibum or as Key, was staggering back and laughing at me. He held his stomach; his silky black bangs dangling.

"Ha, Ha. So funny. At least I didn't sneak out with my girlfriend to get our hair done." 

"Oh shut up Ailee- You're just jealous of two things." He flicked his wrist at me, making me frown.

"One-" He held up a finger that was perfect and had designs on his nails making me smirk.

"That my hair is definitely more rad then that mop of your hair. And two-" He ignored my mouth that dropped and in a sassy manner- held up his other hand that had bracelets.

"You do not have a boyfriend." He gestured his upper body foreword before flattening his lips with wide eyes- before bursting out into laughter.

"I d-do to!" I stuttered; stomping my black laced combat boots.

"Yes? One of those y gangster boys?" He questioned before placing both hands over his chest and rolling his eyes back over exaggeratedly.

I frowned before feeling the familiar rage bubble up inside of me. I whipped around perfectly extending my arms in the appropriate pose to fire. I looked down the base of the pistol and aimed at my paper made target once more; but instead I imagined one of those street rats instead. The jolt of the gun kicking back always took the breath out of me; but I fired seven times; hitting the same mark. 

The machine dragged it foreword slowly- as if it was afraid of me. It halted in front of me in the dim lighting. There was a huge hole in the chest- and I twirled my warm handled pistol before placing it in the holder on my worn down black skinny jeans. Key had his mouth covered with both hands; before giving a blink through his jet black bangs; with a few red strands in it. He huffed before placing both hands on his waist; shaking his head at me.

"Look Ailee; I know you want to avenge mother and all.. But is this really the way to do this? I mean come on.. You aren't all that violent honestly." He mumbled- his serious side coming out.

I stared at the perfectly waxed floors underneath my feet that squeaked and groaned from the amount of times they have been walked on. Smudges was smeared on them; as well as the dim lighting from the ceiling lights that flickered and seemed to wheeze gasping for life. My mind slowly wondered off into the darkest part of my memory.. Making my heart clench and extract in my chest. 

Flashback:

"Mommy! Ow Wait! You are hurting me!" I wailed as she pulled me after her frantically. 

She had a tight grip on my arm, her long and jugged nails digging into my skin. Even though I was wearing a pretty heavy winter coat that was a bright blow; almost brighter then the ice. Her black gloves allowed her fingers to show that was covered in bright red blood. The gun she had in her hands a few minutes ago was at her waist once more; bright and dripping with blood.

She killed that innocent man.. That officer. I could still feel his determined gaze locked on us as he leaned over the hood of the cop car, his own pistol pointed at us. My mother didn't even hesitate; she lifted it and fired. The ringing still echoed in my ears, her desperate cries for me to hurry and keep up just muffled static. The weight of the man dropping to the ground and staining it with a bright red burgundy color. I shut my eyes and tried to stop my body from shaking.

When I opened my bright brown eyes; we was in an alleyway. The memory of course, was a few years old. I was fourteen right now. My mother was panicking for some reason, a bunch of money stashed in her jacket. Apparently we needed this money for father; to be able to move for his job. But that didn't help the fact we was running from the cops. There was bright blue and red lights that cascaded along the snowy ground; the moonlight that just formed making it glow like the northern lights. We had our backs against the wall - the brick smoldering cold.

There was gun fire rapidly; the cops footsteps stopping dead in. There was a bunch of chaos on the radio as they tried paging back up; but it didn't even matter. In a matter of seconds and rapid gun fire, the whole area went silent. I could hear the gurgling of the fallen officers, while one fell and faced us at the end of the alleyway. I screamed and lunged for my mother. I buried my frozen face in her snow soaked black trench coat; that smelt of blood and perfume.

"Ricky? Niel?" She called out, her breath turning into vapor.

No response.

Suddenly, three shadows appeared at the end. They was wearing dark clothing and hard to make out. I didn't even dare to peak my head back around; and I remained buried in her chest. The three people gave low laughter; and even in the dimly lit alleyway and the street lights across that gave some refuge, they was still hard to make out. Except.. The blood on their clothes. One of the three gave a hoot of joy and was wearing an police offer's hat.

"Hello there, Lacey."

A voice spoke. We turned around and saw four other boys standing on the other end of the alleyway. This boy was alot taller then the others, and he seemed to be the leader. He had a huge machete and scraped it against the snowy once red brick walls. I cringed at the noise and covered my ears. His voice didn't sound old at all.. Maybe my age.. I felt my fear edge and incline with pure curiosity. 

"I know you! It was an accident! I was protecting my family! Please!" My mother wailed loudly.

"Please? That's what my father said to you." The boy hissed, before grabbing her hair and pulling her to him. He was wearing a black bandanna, but I could make out that his hair was a bleached blonde. 

My mother was a mess of blubbering and pure fear. Her trembling hand reached for her gun; but another boy grabbed her and slammed her against the brick wall by . He held a jet black pistol to her temple. He twisted it, making her flail her legs and kick her feet. They was about her height, but the boy still seemed to be able to manage. I felt tears sting my eyes before whimpering in pure fear; even though I was inaudible.

The lead boy looked at me for a moment. His expression changed for a brief second. There seemed to be a spark of some sort between us two; but then he looked back. He looked to me then to her, before grabbing her cheeks between his thumb and pointer finger; making her look at me. He pointed the gun at me - seeing right down the entire nozzle to the base of the gun. I screamed before shutting my eyes and then covering my ears. I rocked back and forth.

"You will see the last things he saw. So you will witness what he did. Your kid watching, gun pointing at you, all of it."

Before she could even say anything else, there was the sudden sound of the gun being fired. I felt my eyes widen before sitting there in pure shock and fear. I slowly locked over to see my mother staring back at me with her cold dead eyes. 

End Of Flashback.

"Earth to Ailee." Key's voice suddenly made me zoom back into reality- making me gasp and blink my light brown eyes.

"Sorry.. Just got lost in thought." I mumbled before avoiding his troubled gaze. 

He opened his mouth to say something else, before there was the sound of screaming in the distance. I jumped as the huge clean and thick and see through glass peering through an office that my father stayed in was suddenly shattered. I leaped to the ground, my arms stretched out in front of me. I crashed onto the ground with my arms out stretched; before doing a full belly flop onto the ground. My breath was knocked out of my lungs, the ground feeling cold and empty. I looked back at my reflection; my long dark brown curly hair down and hanging in my face heavily. 

Gun shots exploded into the room once more; causing deep lacerations in the concrete walls. I covered my ears before rolling foreword on the ground, going around the corner as bullets nipped at my heels. Dust and chunks of different material filling the air. I squinted as I finally reached my destination. I pressed my back firmly against the wall, before loading my pistol once more. My hands trembled in my grasp, the gun threatening to escape my grip. I peered around quickly, taking a deep inhale. I shot outwards, hoping to hit my enemy that was opening fire. I heard the bullet deflect off a metal substance, before going silent. There was faint shouting of demands from my father, as well as men yelling. 

"I got one!" A man shouted over the sounds of things crashing onto the ground. As well as multiple more horrific gun shots.

"Ailee! Get here now!" My father shouted, before the wall trembled and there was the sound of grunting.

I ran in the room, ignoring the bullet holes and the rest of our guns and equipment destroyed. I turned around the corner my gun aimed and pointed upwards and straight ahead. I gasped as there was a man in a fancy black suit with a bunch of tears in it, with his black hair slicked back. He was holding a young teenage boy, his arms pushed behind his back. The boy was wearing all black, a familiar looking black bandanna on his face. A huge machete was on the ground, blood covered. The outline of men was sprawled out, looks of anguish on their untraceable faces. I stood there rigidly, my feet glued to the floor and frozen in time. Noise seemed to fade away from me, before my father yelled my name.

"Help me! We got one. Help me tie him to the chair!" He shouted- his face bloodied around his nose, broken.

"Careful old man, your going to regret it." The boy said as my father gave a outraged yell, before slamming him into a wooden chair. 

I ran up before putting his arms behind his back, wiggling behind the boy. The whole place was trashed, furniture was broken, with bullet wholes and papers sprawled out everywhere. The windows was broken in, the warm summer night's air causing a shuddering breeze. The boy's light brown eyes locked onto mine as he stared in my direction as he turned to the right. My father handed me silver hand cuffs, before I slapped them on his wrist. He gritted his teeth before jerking, making the chair scrape onto the perfectly waxed floor. 

"What are we going to do with him now?" I whispered, looking to my father. 

"Unmask this son of a ." He snapped, before giving a napkin a jerk, before pressing it onto his bloodied face, making droplets of blood trickle out and seep through.

I inhaled before slowly pulling out my gun from the black leather holder, before holding it on my side slightly behind my back. It felt cold as it touched my pale skin that glowed a silver in the moonlight, my black cut-off tank top was short so it showed my belly; making it reachable to skin. I extended my hand to the boy, before pulling down the black bandanna until it was underneath his chin. He smirked once I felt a hardcore blush rush to my face. 

He had piercing silver-blonde hair, the sides of his hair shaved. He had dimples, as well as a faint scars across his forehead and cheeks at different angles. His dark eyes was almost black in the moonlight. He looked at me slyly, before looking me up and down slowly. All the way from my black combat boots, skinny jeans, to my black leather jacket and gloves. He is so ing y, what.. Is that Key was talking about? What am I thinking! He's a street rat!

"Stop staring at my daughter or that will be a bullet through your skull!" My father bellowed. 

"I'm not, she's the one staring at me obviously." He interrupted before peering at me in sheer content. 

"Ailee, keep watch on him. I'm going to have people cover and protect these exit's and entrance's." 

I looked over swiftly, mind going completely blank. Wait, he isn't being serious is he? This guy could kill me.. I opened my mouth to speak, but there was already the loud slam of the door. It was just me and this boy alone now. I clenched the metal of the pistol so tightly that my knuckles began turning a heavy white shading. They had an warm but yet cold feeling to them, stiffly aiming and pointing at the boy. He chuckled before going into actual laughter, his eyes closed and shaking his head. I glared violently, my light brown eyes narrowing into slits. I shoved the gun in his face, making him look at me and smirk slowly, the glass of the shattered windows crunching underneath my feet.

"What's so funny? Hysterical because your going to die?" I taunted, spitting venom at him.

"Is that so? Don't get your hopes to high, princess." He replied, his expression straightening out, going grim.

There was the sound of voices outside the window, before making me slowly look over my shoulder with wide eyes. My blood went cold as there was two boys using their feet and legs to swing inside the building, their hands clamped on the upper windowceil. Once they broke in, they did a roll along the floor. I screamed as my gun was suddenly knocked out of my hands. The boy that was handcuffed suddenly was in front of me, his machete in his hands. The blade gave almost a blinding glow to it, the tip had smaller lacerations and smudges on it. I backed away slowly, keeping my hands at a mutal height. 

"Well done, boys. Let's take this girl an go.V, J-Hope, Come on." The boy snapped impatiently. 

Both boys looked up as their names was called. I turned in a swift circle, before giving V a hard kick in the chest. He gave a whimper before slamming into the wall, making it tremble. J-Hope glared beneath his jet black bangs, his mask having silver studs on it. I raised my fist before extending them in a quick jab. He dodged, maneuvering to the left while it was aimed straight. My head was jerked back as pain met my face. I fell backwards as gravity took affect, making me land on the ruined ground. I winced as the world seemed to spin circles around me, their words muffled and fay away.

"Make a sudden move, and I'll cut your god damn hand off." The lead boy hissed, pointing the machete at my face.

I tasted blood in my mouth, and J-Hope look utterly apologetic as he leaned over me, random and muffled sorry's tumbling out. I was barely conscious as everything faded in and out randomly. I could feel my hands being handcuffed, the hard and cold metal sinking into my thin wrist. The boy named Rap Monster, leaned down and flung me over his shoulder. My ribs painfully smashed against his bulky shoulder. I squeaked as he placed his arm over my lower waist and . I kicked my legs wildly, clacking my heels together painfully. I screamed loudly, my lungs aching for my feeble attempts.

"Shut up, Suga and the other's are shooting up the place." Rap Mon mumbled, looking over at me. 

"Let me go, Bastard! My father's going to-"

I was cut off as his fist met my face rapidly. More stars and a stinging sensation met me, and I could feel the sticky and trickling blood ooze down my face. My face was completely numb now, and I could taste the blood that was coated on my face. I mumbled and inhaled, making my lungs ache and burn deeply in my chest. Rap Mon leaped down from the two story window, the wind rushing in my face making everything blurry as it made tears form in my eyes. We landed with a loud thud, making my face smash into his leather jacket and bulky shoulder. I could make out an outline of a jet black mustang, A boy in the driver's seat. He opened the back door, before tossing me inside carelessly. I slid and hit the other door. 

"Hurry Jin. Drive.

As I straightened myself up to begin to sit straight up, the force and the roar of the engine slammed me back against the cold leather seats once more. I grunted and layed there numbly, everything darkened inside the dark black tainted windows. A glowing blue of the stereo and buttons lit up my surrounding's barely. I looked on both side of me, there was seven of them in total. One by one, they all took off their bandanna's, exposing their identities to me. I felt my heart skip a beat as I solemnly looked and admired their attractive looks. Rap Monster glared back at me, him and this boy named Suga nagging as they negotiated with one another. My handcuff's still dug into my numb wrist, as I sat in the middle of the back seat. The driver, Jin, was quickly driving, looking in the review mirror at me.

"Great, So now we have an hostage." Suga slammed his bandanna on the seat, making me jump. 

"Shut up, that was our plan anyway. It worked out, didn't it?" Rap Monster glared from the passenger seat. 

"Maybe we shouldn't have her handcuffed.. It's kind of cruel, don't you think?" Jimin mumbled, before looking to me. 

"I have to agree.. She seem's so uncomfortable." Jungkook looked at me fidget uncomfortable. 

"Well, J-Hope and V is driving behind us, further behind. Fine, the handcuff's can come off. But if she tries anything, I'll shoot a bullet in her ." Rap Monster whipped around and pointed a pistol at my face.

I felt something buzz silently underneath me. I wiggled a little in my seat, biting my bottom lip as I felt my phone slide out. I shifted my right hand, pressing the home button on my black white phone, thankful my dimness was all the way down. I squinted my eyes and hid it behind my back, glancing over my shoulder and looking at it out of the corner of my eye. It read:

Text Message From Sherrif Misake:

I know they have you kidnapped, Miyuki. I heard them breach and escape, they have two get away cars. Key informed me off the big boss's escape thanks to his groupies. I am advising a plan. I need you to gain their trust and play along with them. Keep yourself alive. I will text or call you when the time is right. 

9:05 Pm.

"What're you looking at?" Jimin piped up from beside me.

"Nothing, just.. these handcuff's are really bothering me." I whispered, my throat dry.

Him and Jungkook exchanged looks, before they made me face Jimin. My caution and paranoia seem to get the best of me, waiting to feel the cold metal of a gun to my head, or the smooth yet sharp metal of a blade. But instead, there was the sound of metal clanking together followed by pure relief as pressure was removed from my raw and numb flesh. I rubbed my wrist, making it ache. I looked ahead to see Rap Monster peering at me in the review mirror, his gun resting neatly on his lap. The street light reflection's dancing across his stern and blood-dried face.

"Where are we going?" I questioned again, the only side was the AC calmly blowing in the background, Along with the faint sounds of cars honking and people talking on phones.

"You'll see, you'll regret that we kept you alive, Princess." Rap Monster smirked back at me.

Remember Miyuki, you got a job and mission to do. How bad can it be?