Beautiful Stranger

Beautiful Stranger - A Song-fic

A cold mist swirled around him as he made his way down the dark street. He hated having to work the night shifts at his dead-end job at the supermarket (but honestly, who else would hire a high school drop-out like him). He wished he could find a way out of his mundane existence. Maybe he should play the lotto? No, he didn't have the money; he was already three weeks behind on his rent and his sweet landlady would take him out if he didn't pay up soon. After his father ran off, leaving him and his mother in debt and broke, he had to be the man of the house. He just wanted to be happy again. To see his mother happy again (not -faced and passed out in the bathroom like usual). Was that really too much to ask for? He didn't think so. Ugh. Jeonghan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Why did things seem so bleak? Where was his prince charming? Where was his happy ending? He was about to give up on such dreams until...

His body came in contact with a firm, unmovable pillar. The impact, in turn, caused him to fall back but before his body hit the ground, two strong arms wrapped around him, pulling him close. Why the hell wasn't he watching where he was walking? Now some gross ert had his arms around his body. Jeonghan slowly moved his eyes up to the person he had bumped into and holy smokes. He'd never seen anyone so handsomely beautiful in his life (except himself, of course). The man's black hair fell onto his forehead, slightly covering deep, cat-like eyes, his thin lips in the form of a half smile. 

Realizing he was staring, Jeonghan opened his mouth to apologize but before he could bring voice to his thoughts, the mysterious man spoke, "Are you okay? I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was walking." His voice was deep, majestic even, and matched him perfectly. Jeonghan tried his best to keep himself from becoming putty in this man's arms but damn... that voice. "Ah, yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry as well. I wasn't watching where I was going either." Jeonghan smiled then hesitantly removed himself from the man's arms because damn he felt so... safe? Comfortable? It was nice but he'd be damned if he'd admit that out loud. The man smiled wider at him and let his arms fall to his side. It seemed that he was going to speak again but he stopped, his eyes looking at something behind Jeonghan.

Suddenly a car pulled up beside them, an older gentleman getting out of the driver's seat and walking around to the other side. "Young Sir." he bowed before continuing, "Your father was expecting you hours ago. You are supposed to keep a low profile." The man let out a soft but deep laugh. It made Jeonghan even more curious as to who this man was. "I understand. Let me say goodbye and I'll be there." They both watched the older gentleman get back into the car before once again making eye contact. "Well, this is where we say goodbye but don't worry, it won't be forever." and before Jeonghan could utter a word (yet again, why the hell couldn't they ever have a whole conversation) the mysterious man leaned in, kissed his cheek gently, then made his way to the car.

Jeonghan stood there dumbfounded as he watched the car drive off into the distance, leaving him with a racing heart and a hundred unanswered questions. 


The next morning, Jeonghan sat down in front of the tv with a bowl of rice and kimchii and the morning news. Ahh, more politics. He just rolled his eyes and put his attention on the food in front of him. He was pretty much ignoring the TV, just picking up bits and pieces (something about the Prime Ministers son, Wonwoo, coming home from the US and he was going to possibly take up an office with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and blah blah) until he heard a familiar voice. A voice that gave him the good kind of chills. 

"I am happy to be home in South Korea. I've missed my country and I've missed my people." Wonwoo began his speech with the script that had probably been given to him. Jeonghan's eyes were glued to the TV now. His heartbeat quickening as he took in the handsome man on the screen. He was even more handsome in the light of day. "I am excited to join the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and hope to make South Korea a better place to live for all." Wonwoo's smiled a little more and his next words had Jeonghan floored. "And to the beautiful stranger, I met last night... let's meet tonight. Same time, same place."