Chaeyoung's Background

THE REASON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s POV

It was another lifeless morning at work. Why do I started working so early?! I should live my life as an 18 year old boy happily not being the head of programmer of my father’s company. But I realise that there’s no way out of this, father would kill me if I denied working for him. I’ve been working for him since I started high school due to my specialties in security programming, he used me for a whole year until I suggested to work for him and it would be a win situation for both sides. “Good morning, Mr Son.” my assistant greeted as I arrive. I just nodded and went straight to my office. As I reach there my mood immediately turned sour because my desk is full with new documents and files. “Looks like I’m gonna have a busy day” I thought to myself and release a sigh before starting my work.

After six hours of non- stop working I decided to go for lunch. I texted my friend Jeongyeon to ask him if we could go to lunch together.

To : NoJamHyung

Dude, you free for lunch? Where are you btw?

From: NoJamHyung

At school, where else would I be at times like this?! I’m free if you want to join me in the school cafeteria.

To : NoJamHyung

Sure, it’s been a while since I last visited. Be there in 10.

I stepped out of my office and went the parking lot where my pitch black McLaren 720S is parked. The school was a 15 minute drive from the office for a normal car but it’s a 10 minute drive for me. As I reach the school area suddenly I felt sad that I had to miss this experience. Having strict parents that loves their company more than their only child is just I bad way of growing up. When I arrived I heard the bell ringing indicating that it’s lunch time. I hopped out of my car with my shades on, I lock the car and started heading to Jeongyeon’s class. While I was walking at the corridor I sense that there’s people staring at me. I’m not an attention seeker, in fact I really hate strangers. ‘ who is he?’ ‘is he a new transfer student?’ ‘ he’s really handsome!’ I kept walking even though I heard the students whisper about me. I finally reach Jeongyeon’s class and waited for him to finish packing his things. After he finished, he patted my shoulder smirking and whisper “ you really know how to catch people’s attention do you, Chaeng?” . I didn’t answer him just started walking to the cafeteria.

We reach the cafeteria and started looking for a table to sit. We found a table, Jeongyeon went to get our lunch I gave him money to buy some of course. The cafeteria was packed with students that looks like zombies ‘they’re probably hungry’ I thought to myself. Jeongyeon arrived with our food and we started eating. It was a silence moment until Jeongyeon started to a conversation. “ how are not affected by the attention? I mean c’mon I’m dying to be popular and you’re doing it like its nothing”. “I don’t really like to talk to people except you so it didn’t affect me at all” I simply answered him. “ maybe it’s because your too good looking or because you are wearing a suit to school. Why is that btw? Why are you wearing a suit? Where’s your uniform?” he asked with full curiosity written on his face. “ Because I was from work when I texted, I don’t have time to change into the school uniform. It’s at home” I replied truthfully. “ you amaze me, you don’t come to school, you submit all your homework and assignments by email and you’re working for your father’s company plus the salary is loaded!” Jeongyeon exaggerated. I just nodded to his statement. We finished eating, Jeongyeon escorted me to my car. We bid our goodbyes and continued our day.

Back at work, I finished programming a new security system for the company. After that I manage to hack the schools system just to check if they have any new development. Sadly there isn’t so I decided to make a proposal to apply my new security system for the school. I had to ask my father’s permission first. I knocked his door, “ excuse me sir, may have your-” I stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter