prologue

LAW & ORDER: EXO UNIT

p r o l o g u e

The beautiful woman in a black leather dress takes a slow sip from her glass of red wine. She’s more of a margarita type of girl but the event she’s attending is definitely a suit and tie occasion and on nights like these, any form of alcohol will suffice to get her blood pumping and body loosened up. She surveys the crowds of wealthy businessmen showing off their dainty and over-decorated trophy wives and smiles when she sees one of her usuals, a rather robust and heavyweight man by the name of Byung Ho, and his wife walk by. His wife pays her no heed, choosing to turn her nose up in that snobby stuck up manner of rich people and ignore her, but it doesn’t bother the girl in the slightest. After all, she thinks, a smirk gracing her lips, it’s her bed that woman’s husband end up in anyway most nights.

She isn’t ashamed of her occupation. She has always had a high ual libido and when her parents couldn’t make ends meet for college funds, she had taken up the night job like a natural. And now, three years later, she’s one of the most requested and well known women on the market with a salary that could give doctors and surgeons a run for their money. She knows she looks desirable. With supple milky white skin and a doll-like complexion, her appearance and hourglass figure attracts more than enough clients. Which is why attending these events were essential. Gatherings like this are how she made eighty percent of her profit, with masses of rich, men that are just looking for a good . She’s slowly grown accustomed to identifying the richest men in the groups, their overflowing wealth and posh status obvious through their gold Rolexes, Italian suits, and expensive leather shoes polished so clear you can see your reflection in them. Not to mention the way the other men in their circles flock around them, kissing up to their asses, greedy selfish intentions crystal clear.

A velvety voice pulls her out of her cynical thoughts. “This party not doing it for you?”

She turns and lays her eyes on a young man with tan, olive skin and thick, plump lips. Dressed in a dark grey Armani suit that outlines his lean figure perfectly, the man can’t be a year or two younger than her but god was he handsome.

After realizing she had never replied to his previous comment because of her blatant ogling, she clears and smiles coyly. “No, but you certainly are.”

The man smirks and holds out his hand, which she shakes. “Kai. So you’ll know what name to scream tonight.”


“You,” Kai pants as they part from their passionate kiss, “have quite a talented tongue,”

It didn’t take her long to decide Kai would be her partner for the night. Hot and y as much as he was rich, what more could she want? They had flirted with light touches for another hour or so in the massive ballroom, before Kai had lightly nipped her earlobe and whispered in that sensual drawl of his, “Want to get the real party started?”

She lets out a soft moan as Kai on the skin at the base of her neck. “You aren’t too bad yourself.”

They had taken his car to a nearby hotel, and the moment the door to his suite shut, Kai had pinned her against the wall, ravishing and ping her dress, all the while laying her down onto the crisp white sheets of the king sized bed. After parting from another heavy kiss, she places a hand on his chest, stopping him from leaning down for Round 4. “Are you willing to pay for the full night?”

“On one condition.”

She raises an eyebrow. It isn’t strange for her clients to have certain kinks or scenarios they want to act out, but she didn’t take Kai to be one of them. “What is it?”

“Do you mind if I have a few friends join us?”

curves up in a smile. Just the thought of engaging in a wild night of with not just one, but a group of hot men like Kai makes her damp between the legs. “Not at all. As long as I get my money’s worth from them as well.”

With that response, Kai smiles and gets off the bed before calling out, “Alright guys, you heard her!”

A door she hasn’t paid much attention to on the other side of the room opens as two other men walk in. Both of them are dressed head to toe in black and the taller one is holding a shot rifle. Realization hits her hard and she tries to sit up, only to find her body uncooperative and sluggish. He must’ve slipped something in her drink, she realizes, and as she tries to ask, all her lips can make out is a gurgle.

Kai rolls his eyes at the other two. “Way to be subtle, Chanyeol.”

The taller one in possession of the rifle scoffs as he speaks. “She’s going to die anyway, I don’t see why it matters.”

At the verbal confirmation of her previous thoughts, she struggles even harder, but the only thing she can do is thrash her head, the rest of her body limp and unresponsive. Kai throws her an apologetic glance that doesn’t look the least bit remorseful. “Really sorry this had to happen. I know how much you were anticipating my wallet dry. ”

Before she can get a chance to do anything, she hears the click of a trigger.

And everything goes black.


“Goddamnit!” Yifan roars as he slams down a folder of files onto his desk table angrily, making Zitao flinch back from his spot near the poor abused table. “Another murder!”

“The body hasn’t reached the forensic lab for analysis yet so just calm the down Duizhang,” Jongdae drawls, not batting an eye at the fury-infused glare Yifan sends him. “If you let them get you all riled up, you’re doing exactly what they want. You know how much they love playing games with us.”

“Homicide isn’t a game,” Yifan seethes, and finally settles down after he notices Minseok subtly (with frantic arm waving and extremely large hand gestures) pointing to the terrified trembling Zitao to his left. He takes slow and shaky, rage-filled breaths as he closes his eyes, massaging the sides of his temple so as not to send their poor intern into cardiac arrest.

“Lu Han will be back from the crime scene in five.” Yixing’s accented voice crackles through the intercom and Yifan presses the speak button to reply. “Tell him to immediately head to my office and report to me once he returns. ”

“Will do.”

“ing bastard,” Yifan snarls as he flips through all the past reports connected to the most recent murder. “I’ll catch you, K, if it’s the last thing I do.”


Tada! It's finally here! Thank you to everyone that has shown this fic support; I know the prologue is a bit short but the upcoming chapters will be longer and hopefully just as interesting :D

If you enjoyed read please subscribe, upvote, and drop me a comment! It'd be so wonderful to have feedback as this is a more unfamiliar genre for me to write ^^

Happy Friday!

Less than three,

PalmerPie