4. Close up

Confused

Everything when blank in Kyungsoo’s mind and so he starts to feel anxious. Not always he felt this way since he never really encounter much psychological roller coaster ever since childhood cause making stern blank face usually do the trick, especially to whom in his gaze.

Kim Jongin on other hand, comes from rather different background. He seems not too tied to his surrounding prejudicial mind-set but always uphold what he thinks the best. Ever since he is junior in campus, which means he also just move into new neighbourhood. Mingling definitely has lots of catching up to do. Luckily he met Minseok or people also called him Xiumin, a dear senior taught him how to survive.

This also how he first ever know Kyungsoo. It’s on the early days he enter the campus, huge area, classic buildings and foremost, full of new people on orientation day. It’s where everyone gathers for usual briefing from senior colleague.

“So fellow fresh blood, there’s few things you guys need to keep in mind” mentioned by one of the facilitators on stage.

“To survive in this campus, excel in academic is, of course, preferably. However, excel in curriculums you need socials achievements”

At the back stage, Kim Jongin notice one of the facilitators keep go back and forth from left to right side of the stage. Short guy, maybe around 170cm, wearing bright colour sweaters and a pencil sit on his ear. That guy seems to be busy. The facilitators are no longer within his attention but the boy was. He watches him writes things down, counsel the other facilitators and then monitoring along with other in the sound systems.

“...and that's one way to attract the professor’s attention. Don't told them this, just keep it on your mind” the crowd claps as awe to the guy who's one hand holds the mic and the other snaps his finger along with a wink. Do you Have to do that?

“Ah, here’s one of the example student you guys could take note. Kyungsoo! Come, come! Let's give everyone little word of advice as one of the former junior scholar’s award recipient”. The busy guy suddenly stops and reluctantly come forward on stage with awkward smile. Oh so he one of the lucky guy…

“Hey everyone, just stay smart in your performances” Kyungsoo gives a short bow and head back to his work.

“Alright people, you guys heard the brief encouragement. Don't forget, perform to impress!” then the whole crowd were dismiss indicating the first day of the whole batch as a freshmen.

Hmm.. Kyung.. Soo.. I'll remember this name.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Kyungsoo hyung, are you okay?" Jongin stare into the smaller boy stun on the floor while he tries to wave his hand in hope to catch his attention. He concern if he being too impulsive on how his approach on the small boy's attention until might as well scares him off. Kyungsoo, who was too absorbed in his own baffling thoughts then snapped out of it. He looks around notice the tanned guy showing concern face to him.

"I'm... I'm okay.. I just need to drink some water now." Kyungsoo clear his throat noticing he feels quite dehydrated.

"Here, take mine" Jongin hands to him his water bottle and watching him opens the bottle and take a sip.

*cough* *cough* Kyungsoo suddenly notice the water taste rather funny.

"Yah! Do you intend to poison me? What's inside that?" Kyungsoo gives back the bottles to him while making some disgusted face.

"Oh.. Sorry hyung! I mixed my water with some medicine inside." Jongin ends his sentences with a quirky smile.

"Are you sick?"

"Yeah" Jongin then move closer to Kyungsoo's ear and whisper "I have herpes~". A huge shocking reaction smacked into Kyungsoo face.

"Yah! You! You.... Kissed me before." Oh my god, I can't believe this. But Jongin sit beside him instead chuckle in his reaction.

"You believe that?" he continues holding his laughter.

"Yah Kim Jongin!"

"Relax, I just messing with you. Of course it’s not real.... If not why would I kiss you if I got disease?"

Quickly, Kyungsoo face blush not because he been spoil by the guy who trying to suspress his laughter, instead due to flashback of the moment he mentioned earlier. Aishh, seriously? I better get out of here. As Kyungsoo about to stand up, he was restrained by the guy who manages to catch the boy hand.

"Where are you going?"

"I.. I want to refill my own water bottle. In case, I don't want to catch another sip of potential remedies of some disease." Kyungsoo said while shove his hand.

Jongin notice this reaction, annoyance but his face as bright as the peach fruits a signal of different emotions. He just replies okay and observes the boy attempt to brisk walk away from the scene. Jongin let out a sigh with a smile and then get up from his place and start checking his equipment gears and start to climb the wall besides him.

It’s actually Jongin first time ever, he encounter such person with particular personality. A slightly clummsy, but mesmerizingly endering.

Do Kyungsoo, what am I gonna do with you huh? Jongin beamishly uttered within his mind.