Chapter II

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So here's the chapter 2 for you guys. I have these quota planned that if I reach 50 subscribers I'd post the chpter 2. 65 for chapter 3and so on. And i seriously didnt expect I would get 50+ this fast. Anyways thank you for the comments. I really appreciated you guys commenting and I need you guys to relax cause there's more chapters to go. I just have one thing to assure you all. Markjin will prevail at the very end. Dont worry ;)

————————————————————————————



Morning came fast. Jinyoung woke up groggily, eyes swollen from all the crying he did last night until he fell asleep. He just want to forget yesterday’s event. The hurt he felt from witnessing one thing he doesn’t want to admit was beyond terrifying.


(Flashback)


He’s walking through the corridors with heavy footsteps, hands clenched tightly beside him. It felt suffocating for a moment there. He needs some fresh air and maybe, he really just misheard what jackson has said. “Yeah, my stomach’s not full due to jackson’s appearance I wasn't able to satisfy my hunger. Maybe it’s just hallucination.” The brunette convinced himself. Steps slowing down as he tried calming himself down. He was nearing the exit when a familiar figure caught his line of vision. Standing just beside the shoe lockers. “Mark?"


An idea popped in his mind. He need some mind clearing. He wants to talk to him, Jinyoung’s sure that the other’s behaviour towards him earlier was just because he is shy to initiate a conversation with his childhood friend whom he had not seen for years. With a determined and slow steps, he’s nearing the other but stills for a moment upon seeing that Mark’s busy talking with someone on his phone. So the dumb thing he did. Was hide behind the lockers, not that far and enough for him to hear what he and caller’s talking about.


“I know.”


“Oppa will take care of  himself. ” Jinyoung bit his lower lip anxiously.


“Don't let it be what I think he will say.” He thought to himself.


“Yea of course. I’ll let him know that. You’ll be meeting him soon- Oppa loves you too. Don’t worry he’ll like you okay- Take care arrasseo? Bye”


And there. It broke him to pieces to be honest. He should’ve expected this. Their promise was just some kind of a childhood bull meant to be forgotten. It’s not like they’ll gonna have happy endings just like those countless drama he had watched on his free time. He just felt stupid, for even believing that someday he’ll  have a happy ending. Just like those STUPID SAPPY DRAMAS. And he finally broke down. Finally finding the strength to run away from his nightmare, Jinyoung ran fast towards his safe haven. At the playground. Under the little house that he and mark used to play to when they’re still young.


He spent hours there wailing over the love he will never have anymore.

(End of flashback)



He forces himself up from his bed towards the bathroom to shower trying to forget the memories of yesterday’s events. He wore his uniform neatly as always, slung his bag on his shoulder and headed downstairs for breakfast.


“Good Morning honey.” His mom greeted him, clad in her apron preparing his son’s breakfast.


“Good Morning mom.”


Jinyoung greeted back, sitting on the table with his breakfast already prepared. The brunette loves eating, especially his mom’s cooking but today he feels weird, not wanting to consume anything. He ended up sighing audibly.


“You okay son? Something happened?”


Mrs. Park asked, worry etched across her face as she sat beside Jinyoung and putting her palms on his forehead, just to check if he’s sick. Jinyoung shook his head. And smiled at her mother brightly not wanting to let her mother worry.


“But you aren’t eating? And that sigh has something in it. Like you’ve just been dumped by your long time crush.”


Ouch mom. Mother intuition was really scary. He’ll never get used to her mother’s assumptions that mostly has some truth in it but this one got right through him though he wasn't dumped. Well, technically yes?


“what- No mom. And i just ate bread when I woke up. You know those food I always store in my room.” he said brightly hoping to lighten up the mood. Which was successful when Mrs. Park smiled.


“My baby never changed. Anyway- The Tuans already came back here. They’re quite the talk around here especially with their son being an actor-”


“Ex actor mom” I corrected, voice low.


“Oh yeah. So have you met him already? I remember you two being close back when-”


“Oh! Look mom! I'm late. I’ll get going now. Love ya!”


He doesn’t want to hear anything related to Mark. It hurts him too much and he doesn’t want to break down in front of his mom. So the brunette ran out of the house in hurry. Leaving Mrs. Park who shouts after him.


He arrived at their school. Late. As in late like there’s only 10 minutes before his first class to ‘unfortunately’ Ms. Bae again. He curses himself for even staying at the playground for who knows how long. Ms. Bae will surely kill me. As he arrived at the door of his classroom. He can hear the teacher scolding someone. That was enough for his heart beat to skyrocket from nervousness. He’s contemplating whether to go in and accept the consequences or just skip, give her a note tomorrow and all. Breathing deeply, Jinyoung opt to just skip but when he’s about to turn his heels the door slid open. He flinched catching his adviser’s fiery gaze.


“You too Mr. Park JinYoung. Meet me at my office later. Detention.” And she left, stiletto echoing through the empty hallways, Jinyoung was dumbfounded.



You’re so dumb Jinyoung. He regretfully thought, stepping inside the classroom with his head down in shame. He hears few of the student’s snickering at him but ignored it as he made his way towards his seat. Not even glancing at Mark’s way who he imagined was looking at him especially with the prickly feeling behind his neck like as if someone was intensely looking at you but he shrugged it off. It’s just the bullies.


“So where’d have you gone to yesterday? And i kept calling you but you don't answer. What’s wrong seriously?”


“Goodmorning to you too Jaebumie hyung.”


The brunette sarcastically said, with an equally sarcastic smile before he puts his bag down and pulled out his assignments that he didn't get to do cause of crying over something dumb last night.


“Jinyoung…”


He just want a peaceful morning. Cant they give him some rest. He doesn't want to explain himself  every time they think that something’s wrong with him. He had enough with everything going on his mind. He’s about to snap at elder when-

“Morning Jinyoungie~ Did you slept well?” Jackson turned his body to Jinyoung, ignoring the girls who tries conversing with him who in turn glared at the brunette. Jinyoung glances at jaebum for a second then unknowingly threw glances at Mark who he caught staring at him. He felt something warm stir inside him so he looks at Jackson, to get him out of this awkward situation.


“Yes. Of course.” He shortly said. Then started doing his assignments.


He was startled. Dropping his pen on the table when Jackson leaned in and looked straight into his eyes his chin caught between the his thumb and index finger. “But look, your eyes look swollen.” He says. “Did you cry over some drama show?”


He heard some loud clatter it was if the foot of the table was kicked on his side. Mark’s. He would have looked at the source if Jackson wasn’t holding him in place which he was a little thankful for. He gently unbound himself from the latter and continued on doing his assignment. Dipping his head down more. Jinyoung answered to himself.


“Maybe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter