Chapter I

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 years later



 

“Jinyoung! What the hell. Where the hell have you been? I’ve been waiting for you here like half an hour. You’re gonna get us late.”

 

A guy, just a 3 inch taller than him, narrowed eyes sturdy body and undeniably handsome features lashed out on him.

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes at him. Fixing the bag strap on his shoulders as he stepped out from their gate. “Well that’s a smart question Jaebum hyung. I just got out from my house and who even told you to wait right here. At our gate huh?” he retorted back which earned him a bemused look from Jaebum.

 

“You know what I’m trying to point out here Jinyoung.”

 

“Look hyung! I'm sorry for being sarcastic and all. I overslept okay.”

 

“So in other words. You slept late because of re-watching his dramas. AGAIN.” the elder emphasizes the word while sending jinyoung a dirty knowing look.

 

The brunette looked at jaebum wide eyed like a deer caught in the headlights. Cheeks filled with red as he scratched his head embarrassed to even admit that yes, he slept late just to watch Mark’s dramas. Watching his dramas somehow makes it feel like Mark is close to him.

 

“ah.. hyung if you don't quit yapping. We’ll gonna be late. For real this time.” Jinyoung laughs awkwardly dropping the subject before sprinting fast ahead. “So yeah. Whoever comes to school last. We’ll be ‘It’ “ Which means buying the winner’s lunch for free.

 

“You- ing WAIT!” Forgetting the topic. Jaebum runs after jinyoung. Not wanting to be the ‘it’ this time; again.




 

*At the cafeteria*

 

Jinyoung held the tray consisting of his lunch and jaebum’s tightly. Grimacing of the memory of even challenging Jaebum on their stupid game when in the end, loses against him. He’s slinking through the crowd effortlessly like a snake as he tried catching the sight of his friends. A few moments later and he finally found them. Right at the middle of the cafeteria, looking serious at whatever the maknae is saying.

 

“--a big shot in Taiwan…”

 

“Big shot who yugyeom?”

 

Settling beside Jaebum who spared him no glance at all, he settled the tray across the three youngest of their group. Their topic picking his interest.

 

“It’s the new transfer students. It’s been going around here that there will be new students from Taiwan who enrolled here.”

 

Youngjae piped in. Fixing the glasses he’s wearing right in place.

 

“Oh my god. I swear they’ll rake all the girls attention here.” bambam gasped in horror at the thought of having no attention from the girls anymore.

 

“Bet they’re not that handsome like us. Especially me.” The maknae said confidently.

 

Jinyoung only raised his brow. Not really that intrigued at the thought of having transfer students anymore. Picking the apple up from the tray and munching on it then pushes the tray infront of jaebum giving him a disappointing look.

 

“dad, your kids are so dumb. How did you raise this conceited kids? Except our little youngjae of course.” to which he leaned in ruffling the hair of the said boy earning him a whine from the three and youngjae’s protest of ‘hyung i'm not a kid anymore.’

 

On the other hand. Jaebum just sighed, playfully massaging his head and leaning it on jinyoung’s shoulder.

“You tell me.”

 

And thus, rumours after rumours and nonsense topics were talked on their lunch, even laughing at some things that bambam and yugyeom said before they got up, going to their respective classrooms when the bell rang. Signifying that lunch’s already over and class is about to start.

 

He and Jaebum are classmates. Jinyoung’s just thankful that he have jaebum with him considering that Jinyoung is actually the shy type (except his friends tho). The brunette was quite certain, he won't survive the year if his bestfriend’s not there with him. It’s like, he’s his pillar of support, his mother, his father. Basically he’s Jinyoung’s strength. (Besides mark of course.) and the three youngest is a different story.

 

“Aren't you curious of the new students?”

 

Jaebum started nonchalantly, slowly making their way towards their designated room for the subject, English.

 

The younger hummed for a moment as if thinking deeply. Then shook his head. “Actually no. Too much thinking. Energy wasting. Plus. I'm quite certain that they won't be in our class. They might be younger than us you know”

 

“Thought you’d say that.” Jaebum grins.





 

*Classroom*

 

The duo arrived at their classroom. Taking their seat at the very back with Jaebum beside the window pane and Jinyoung on his left side. Thankfully, they arrived first before their teacher, meaning no punishments will await for them. And more time for the two to talk about anything. About thirty minutes has passed then, when the door slide open. There stepped in their teacher Bae Suji.

 

A chorus of Good Afternoon Miss Bae resonated across the classroom to which the teacher just nodded her head to, followed by a clearing of throat.

 

“So I’m sure. Most of you are wondering why I’m late. As you can see I’ve been busy with school errands and tending to our new transfer students.” She nodded once. “We don't have time anymore so I’ll just have them introduce themselves to you guys and then after, class will be dismissed.”

 

Jinyoung’s ear perked at that not even joining the joyful hollers of his classmates knowing they won’t have to put up with her boring lessons. He turned his head to jaebum, brows knitted curiously. The latter just flashes him a victorious smirk. And Jinyoung frowns deeply. Before looking to where their adviser was standing.

 

Miss bae clapped her hands once before stepping aside. “You two can now come in and Introduce yourself.”

 

*brrrrr brrrrr brrrr-*

 

The brunette felt his phone vibrate from the inside of his pocket. Fishing it out slowly and carefully.

He unlocked his phone from under the table when series of whisperings and low key squeals erupt throughout the classroom indication that the student’s has already stepped inside the vicinity. But Jinyoung still hadn’t looked up. More curious of the new messages he got.

 

“Oh - Jin”

 

Jinyoung heard jaebum lowly mumbled, he ignored him and proceeded on reading the messages instead.


 

From: Devil Spawn Yugs

To: Jinyoungie😈

 

Hyung. I have extra underwear here incase you wet yourself at what you’re about to see. Kkkk

 

What the ’s wrong with this kid. I swear i’ll eat out his ears later with my nagging. He clicks his tongue.

 

From: My Innocent kidJae

To: Pepi Hyung

 

Hyung! Oh my god. You won't believe what I saw. I mean- WE SAW! It’s Mark Tuan. The one whose drama you’re fawning over the years! And he’s with someone as equally good looking as him. Th—-

 

Jinyoung still haven't finished reading youngjae’s text. His heartbeats picking up and it seems the only thing he can hear at the moment as he snapped his head up; towards a lanky guy, hair whitewashed blondie, distinct charming features, thick pink lips, captivating brown eyes but bored look flitting across his face. He’s more handsome the last time I saw him (seen him on his drama). He swear their eyes meet for a split second reason for the younger to blush immensely. But something’s not right. Those eyes— those eyes that used to shine and stare at him lovingly was now filled with deep lifeless brown and no recognition sparked.

 

“Mark Tuan"

 

Mark simply said followed by an introduction of the other as Jackson Wang.. He heard his classmates especially girls giggling over the new students but Jinyoung only stared hoping he’d catch the other’s attention. Cause maybe- Just maybe he’s imagining things. Nah that won't happen he promised me. He smiled to himself hoping that would actually cheer himself up.

 

“—young. Jinyoung!”

 

Jinyoung was lost in thoughts and staring when he dumbly look at his best friend who shoots him a worried look. “If staring could melt someone. That guy would have melted right now. Isn’t he your idol though?”

 

“Shut up hyung!”

 

Jinyoung harshly hisses at Jaebum but low enough just for the latter to hear when he finally regained his composure. Seconds later tho his resolution crumbled before he knew it. When he heard their adviser assigning the two on the vacant seats in front of him and on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter