Shot Two| Love versus Loved

Spring Gates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shot Two| Love versus Loved

 

“I blame you
I’m hating the times I had with you
after losing you
everything became meaningless to me”

 

Eunji had her head rested on her desk. Her eyes were closed, completely lost in the music, distant memories of her girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend, running in her mind. She remembered everything well, as if it was yesterday. She was still in love with the older girl, but Eunji knows Naeun is right. She was still turning into a woman. They were in complete different words. No matter how much Eunji screams her heart out, Naeun would never hear how much she loves her. Because adults have a different definition of love…

Young adults see love as a pure thing, every innocence, every fluttering feeling, every somersaults and every smile. Adults are complicated.  They believe that living won’t go on with love alone. They needed time, effort, patience, trust, maturity… some even think love is equal to money and riches.

That’s why… Eunji just let the older girl go…

She can’t beg Naeun to stay in her arms, knowing that she’s only draining Naeun from what she deserves. Naeun had grown tired of Eunji, and no matter how much love you feel for a person, sometimes, love isn’t enough.

Maybe… love stays… sometimes, love can’t.

“Hey Eunji…” A nudge on her shoulder. Eunji opened her eyes and was greeted by Namjoo; a huge smile on the latter’s lips.

“Classes were cancelled this afternoon! Students were invited to watch a piano competition in North Bridge Hall. Let’s go, let’s go!”

Eunji bolted up immediately, the words “piano” almost turning the bolts on everything.

It’s been four years since Eunji last played her piano. For the high school girl, piano brings sad memories she badly want to forget. However, as much as she can’t touch a piano anymore, she can’t live without it either.

Much like whom Naeun is into her life.

“Are you talking about Dogbone Hall?”

“For the last time, Eunji unnie! It’s not a dogbone!”

“But it looks like one!”

“Whatever!”

Eunji released a laugh, contrary to what she is really feeling at that moment.

 

“Mmmm…? Why are there a lot of students from Springside High in the Dogbone hall?” Bomi, a data science major student, mumbled in curiosity. She was passing by the building along with Naeun after eating lunch. “Oh, your girlfriend is probably there, Naeun-ah!”

Naeun sighed. “Ex-girlfriend.”

“Really? She dumped you?” Bomi stupidly asked, slurping an ice pop.

“What makes you think Eunji will dump me? I… was actually the one who dumped her…”

The short-haired girl released a laugh as if it was the best joke she heard in years. When her laughs died, only then she realized Naeun’s piercing glares on her.

“I-I’m just kidding. Hehehe… It’s just; Jung Eunji is sometimes too good for you.” Bomi muttered, continuing to walk ahead. “I mean, even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter